PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins, Clowns, & Bungals in early bidding for Porter

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 06:45 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07062/766549-66.stm

Teams lined up quickly by yesterday to enter the Joey Porter sweepstakes, including two of the Steelers' AFC North Division rivals.

Cincinnati and Cleveland were among those who talked to Porter's agent, Jeff Sperbeck, along with Miami and others.

"We're weighing the various levels of interest and where the terms of the contracts are," Sperbeck said yesterday.

No visits by Porter are scheduled and likely won't happen until next week "when we have it narrowed down and decide who has the most interest and the fit that's best for him," Sperbeck said.

Porter would like to top the $5 million salary he was to receive this season from the Steelers before they released him Thursday in what Kevin Colbert, their director of football operations, labeled a salary-cap move.

The Steelers cut Porter five days before he was due a $1 million roster bonus, but they paid a $1 million roster bonus to guard Alan Faneca that came due yesterday as part of his $4,375,000 salary in the final year of his contract.

And, while they were busy extending defensive end Aaron Smith's contract earlier in the week, there has been no such progress made with their All-Pro guard who has been to the past six Pro Bowls. There does not appear to be a new contract for Faneca on the horizon.

Comon Joey, whatever you do I wish you nothing but the best man, but Good Grief don't sign with one of our Rivals, that's just all kinds of wrong and complete sacrilege. I mean we'd hate to have to kick your *** on sunday afternoons too much ;)

Really though I'd hate to see Joey go to one of our rivals, not so much of having to play him although that's part of it but damn it just wouldn't be right to see him go to a team he's hated and ragged on for so long. Money talks though so we'll see. Just go to Miami or somewhere dude, but get out of the AFCN, its a death wish for your career.

kgreen
03-03-2007, 08:11 AM
F*** the Clownies and the Bungles! I don't want him in our division if he's not on our team! I don't care if he goes to the dolphins, just not those other teams, please Joey don't be stupid!

BlackGold4vr
03-03-2007, 08:26 AM
F*** the Clownies and the Bungles! I don't want him in our division if he's not on our team! I don't care if he goes to the dolphins, just not those other teams, please Joey don't be stupid!

:plus1:

Captcoolhand
03-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Joey won't Play in Cleveland. I just can't see it. Besides,there was to much hate for that team for him to want and play there. Wasn't it him and Green that was fighting before the game a couple years back and got booted.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Earl Holmes hated the Browns with a passion too when he was here but they gave him phat money and he went there.

Going to the AFCN is a death wish for his career, there's no way he does well an improves his game going to a loser team like Cleveland, the Bungals don't run a 34, and the Ratbirds, well lets just say I'd have a bit of an issue if he ever went there.

kgreen
03-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Joey won't Play in Cleveland. I just can't see it. Besides,there was to much hate for that team for him to want and play there. Wasn't it him and Green that was fighting before the game a couple years back and got booted.

Plus, he hates the Soldier Boy (Winslow). Remember the "He Soft" comment this year? I can't see him playing there either, but you never where people will play if the money's good.:dunno:

Captcoolhand
03-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Earl Holmes hated the Browns with a passion too when he was here but they gave him phat money and he went there.

Going to the AFCN is a death wish for his career, there's no way he does well an improves his game going to a loser team like Cleveland, the Bungals don't run a 34, and the Ratbirds, well lets just say I'd have a bit of an issue if he ever went there.
He was done when he left here:yesnod: Isn't he still playing for Detroit:dunno:

kgreen
03-03-2007, 09:03 AM
He was done when he left here:yesnod: Isn't he still playing for Detroit:dunno:

Yes he is the SCRUB! Hopefully Joey can have some success else where.

BBG7
03-03-2007, 09:41 AM
I really hope I don't have to see Joey with the Bungals or Clowns. I don't want to face him twice a year. I understand it's a business though and I understand if the moneys right, he could end up on one of those hated teams.

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 09:45 AM

:ditto: :bengalssuck: :crybabyclowns: But i think Joey will go where the money is especially after he's already got his ring :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Joey is in the part of your career where you have all the money you'll ever need, the dude needs to think about how many chances he'll have left to get more rings and going to the clowns definitely won't get him another before he retires.

DIESELMAN
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I wish Joey the best of luck wherever he goes. Money talks and bullshit walks, so theres no telling where he goes. The only thing I fear is him landing in the North and getting highly motivated against us. He'll bounce back from last year and have a good season, getting released is a great motivator.

BB2W
03-03-2007, 12:22 PM
This guys says Porter wants to play for San Diego. It also mentions he will be visiting with the 49ers...

link: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03/03/sports/professional/chargers/1_07_123_3_07.txt

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I can't see him going to San Diego with the LB's they have there because he'll want to start obviously and he'll cost a pretty penny. I could definitely see him going to San Fran to be closer to home .

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
If Joey thinks someone will be paying him the same as he was scheduled to make here. He has a screw loose.

TampaSteelGirl
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
For some reason my fear is the Ravens!!! :banging: What better revenge for the Ravens

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 01:04 PM
For some reason my fear is the Ravens!!! :banging: What better revenge for the Ravens

Don't worry ,,,,Theycouldn't afford thomas so they're not going to be able to get porter :nono: IMO he'll end up in San Francisco :yesnod:
I really hope he ends up in the nfc :crossfingers:

BB2W
03-03-2007, 01:05 PM
For some reason my fear is the Ravens!!! :banging: What better revenge for the RavensI think you're safe... The Ravens just signed Jarret Johnson one of their back-up linebackers to a three-year, $13 million deal. Sounds like "starter" money, but you never know...

TampaSteelGirl
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Thank God!!!

augustashark
03-03-2007, 02:06 PM
3-4 teams will take a look at Porter. Ravens, Browns, Bengals, SD and Dallas are some of the 3-4 teams I think will look his way.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 02:10 PM
3-4 teams will take a look at Porter. Ravens, Browns, Bengals, SD and Dallas are some of the 3-4 teams I think will look his way.

Ratbirds won't sign him if they didn't want to resign Thomas for the money he wanted

He doesnt fit into the Bengals system so I highly doubt he goes there

SD already has 2 top flight OLB's under contract for big money

Dallas or San Fran are 2 possible choices for him to go to, both teams have a good upside too.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Dallas or San Fran are 2 possible choices for him to go to, both teams have a good upside too.

San Fran yes

Dallas? Are you freaking kidding me? Wade Phillips as your head coach? Who is a puppet for Jones. Dallas must like the basement of the NFC East.

augustashark
03-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Ware and Porter on the fontline in Dallas, would'nt be a bad combo.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 02:20 PM
An upside mainly because their defense is pretty stoudt which can help carry their offense some till they get their QB situation figured out. I think we'll be surprised to see Jason Garrett is actually going to be a good OC as long as Wade lets him coach.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-03-2007, 02:25 PM
But Wade is not coaching. He is a seat warmer. Jones is calling the shots in Dallas. Not wade.

kgreen
03-03-2007, 02:51 PM
:ditto: :bengalssuck: :crybabyclowns: But i think Joey will go where the money is especially after he's already got his ring :popcorn:

I actually heard him say n the NFL network that he wants to win another one. I know that might not mean much, but Joey did back up what he's said.:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
But Wade is not coaching. He is a seat warmer. Jones is calling the shots in Dallas. Not wade.

Ok, then as long as Jones let's him be the OC..take your pick :lol: Either way, Joey could find Dallas interesting because they run a similar scheme and Wade knows the 34 very well.

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 04:21 PM
I actually heard him say n the NFL network that he wants to win another one. I know that might not mean much, but Joey did back up what he's said.:dunno:

Not saying he doesn't want another ring,but this is his last chance for a big payday and IMO he'll go to who'll pay the most :popcorn:

BB2W
03-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Throw the Giants name in the mix of teams that have contacted Porter's agent.

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Throw the Giants name in the mix of teams that have contacted Porter's agent.

Giant's would be a great fit :bigthumb:

K Train
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
he can go anywhere but the bengals or ravens or colts......he can go to the browns, i feel bad for that excuse of a team, he would just ruin his career there