PDA

View Full Version : No one likes Haynes

Captcoolhand
03-02-2007, 09:37 PM
He's cut but I never seen anyone make any comments about it. Did i miss the thread or what:dunno:
I like Haynes and thought he did good for us when we needed him. now whop do we have for RB's other tham Overated Parker and Dookie

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 09:39 PM
He's cut but I never seen anyone make any comments about it. Did i miss the thread or what:dunno:
I like Haynes and thought he did good for us when we needed him. now whop do we have for RB's other tham Overated Parker and Dookie

Parker overrated? Have another drink Capt.:bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 09:41 PM
By the way incase you havn't noticed yes Verron Haynes is a solid player for depth purposes and does alot of things well. Like his blitz pickup and running screens. But he is hurt every year and you can't rely on him. So I have no problem with Haynes being cut.

Plus Parker over-rated? Have another drink Capt.lol

K Train
03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
i mentioned it yesterday.... i said.....good, i dont like him lol

Captcoolhand
03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't blame them for letting Haynes go,he never amounted to more than a Bench warmer and 3rd down Back. But to believe that Parker is the **** it's totally an over statment.
Steelers hasn't been able to do better since when............?????????????? So thats the best you saw at you age and think he's the ****:blah: You need to go have another one.

K Train
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
haynes is a bum, he was an injury liabilty, and a fumble machine....we need to draft ourselves a decent RB to go with willie and that will be:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/leonard.jpgor
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/bush.jpgor
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/0906_tony_hunt.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't blame them for letting Haynes go,he never amounted to more than a Bench warmer and 3rd down Back. But to believe that Parker is the **** it's totally an over statment.
Steelers hasn't been able to do better since when............?????????????? So thats the best you saw at you age and think he's the ****:blah: You need to go have another one.

Dude I know alot about the Steelers and their history even though you might be older then me you don't know ****. So **** off Cap.

I never said Willie Parker was better then Franco or Jerome Bettis. But he did have 16 total TD's this year which happens to be a Steelers record. Again I don't know where I said Willie Parker was the best.:bluelol: I just don't think he is over-rated. He is a very good RB so you better check yourself before you wreck yourself and get a clue. Have another Capt.:bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Lets see 1,494 rushing yards to go with 13 rushing TD's and 3 receiving TD's for a total of 16 total TD's is overrated? Get a clue Capt.

K Train
03-02-2007, 10:09 PM
willie is great for being an undrafted FA, hes a good starter, one of the better ones in the league, hes a very tough runner and falls forward when he runs....not to mention the olympic speed he has....but i dont think he can carry the load by himself....he needs a backup that couldlol play all the time if need be (not Najeh)(i refuse to call him dookie)

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
willie is great for being an undrafted FA, hes a good starter, one of the better ones in the league, hes a very tough runner and falls forward when he runs....not to mention the olympic speed he has....but i dont think he can carry the load by himself....he needs a backup that couldlol play all the time if need be (not Najeh)(i refuse to call him dookie)

Finally a voice of reason. Thank you Ktrain. I wouldn't even care if Capt think Willie is over-rated if he would have explained why he thinks that.:bluelol:

Captcoolhand
03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
haynes is a bum, he was an injury liabilty, and a fumble machine....we need to draft ourselves a decent RB to go with willie and that will be:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/leonard.jpgor
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/bush.jpgor
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/0906_tony_hunt.jpg
I like your Picks K-train but not everyone know who these guys are.
These guys will be gone in the first 2 rounds and I don't see the Steelers take'n a RB in those rounds:dunno:

K Train
03-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Brian Leonard, Michael Bush, Tony hunt

yes we will be using a second round pick on a RB me and tomlin discussed it already.....unless we get spencer in the second, then were assuming Hunt will still be there in the 3rd......

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Brian Leonard, Michael Bush, Tony hunt

yes we will be using a second round pick on a RB me and tomlin discussed it already.....unless we get spencer in the second, then were assuming Hunt will still be there in the 3rd......

Hey Chris Henry the RB from Arizona could be there in the 3rd round. He has the size to make a nice combo with Fast Willie or overrated Willie which Capt would call him.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I can't call him Dookie either, man WTF is that anyways :lol: It sounds like Dollar General quality dog food or somethin :lol:

Haynes was a great special teamer and a good 3rd down back, if we can resign him at a fairly cheap price he'll help us on ST alot and be a valuable backup who also has experienced at FB. He's the reason we only carry Kreider as a FB, because Haynes can do it as well if something were to happen to Dan.

Captcoolhand
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Finally a voice of reason. Thank you Ktrain. I wouldn't even care if Capt think Willie is over-rated if he would have explained why he thinks that.:bluelol:
2 word- Careless mistakes
i'm not trying to argue with you 32 but I will voice my opinion

K Train
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM
i keep associating that name with a titan lol.....Chris brown/Travis Henry

K Train
03-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I can't call him Dookie either, man WTF is that anyways :lol: It sounds like Dollar General quality dog food or somethin :lol:

Haynes was a great special teamer and a good 3rd down back, if we can resign him at a fairly cheap price he'll help us on ST alot and be a valuable backup who also has experienced at FB. He's the reason we only carry Kreider as a FB, because Haynes can do it as well if something were to happen to Dan.

**** that, najeh can play FB, he did at the thug school and GB, and Leonard and Bush can play FB....**** haynes lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
And what exactly are you going to do if Dan goes down with an injury and Najeh has to play FB ? Then you lose the prime backup to willie that has any experience. It's not like Najeh can run and block at the same time :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
2 word- Careless mistakes
i'm not trying to argue with you 32 but I will voice my opinion

Voice your opinion and just state why man and I wouldn't argue with you Capt. I just hate when people say this player sucks or is overrated without stating why. As for the get another drink comment. I was just joking man.

As for careless mistakes even the Bus made some careless mistakes when he was the starting RB. Hey Parker is still growing as a player and he has been very good in his first two years as the Steelers starting RB. He deserves some credit.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Parkers main deal this year is to hold onto the damn ball. He's got the running between the tackles down alot more than he did 2 years ago and he's learning how and when to use his speed when following his blockers but he's got eat, sleep, and breathe holding onto that football.

Jerome rarely fumbled, but he did on occasion and usually at the worst times; if Willie can have a career where he fumbles as little as Jerome did overall, I'll be quite happy.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Parkers main deal this year is to hold onto the damn ball. He's got the running between the tackles down alot more than he did 2 years ago and he's learning how and when to use his speed when following his blockers but he's got eat, sleep, and breathe holding onto that football.

Jerome rarely fumbled, but he did on occasion and usually at the worst times; if Willie can have a career where he fumbles as little as Jerome did overall, I'll be quite happy.

Dude there was one year were the Bus did fumble 7 times. I don't remember the year off hand but I do remember he had a year where he had the case of the fumbles. The more experience Willie gains the more he will learn to hold onto the ball.

Hburg
03-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I never liked Haynes, he was a weak runner, injury prone, and a fumbling machine. Let him go, the Steelers can make better use of the money and roster spot.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Just to throw this out there. Jerome Bettis in his first two years with the Steelers fumbled 13 times and lost 10 of them.

96 he fumbled 7 times and lost 4
97 he fumbled 6 times and lost all 6

After those first two years though Bettis did improve his ball carrying so I'm sure with experience Willie will do the same.

K Train
03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
off topic:

you know what i love about willie? i love the way he ALWAYS cuts back inside to get more yards instead of going out of bounds.....I notice he does that all the time and its great

tony hipchest
03-02-2007, 11:02 PM
w. parker > tiki barber. i'll take that for a cheap, undrafted player, if thats what "over rated" means.

as for haynes "fumbling problems" i dare anyone to name a critical mistake he had in a game w/o looking it up (there havent been that many).

everybody just really remembers his last game against cinci.

thats ok though. theres not a single steelers player out there that some steelerfan somewhere doesnt think sucks.

K Train
03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
as for haynes "fumbling problems" i dare anyone to name a critical mistake he had in a game w/o looking it up

haha last year, first game against cincy, at pittsburgh, week 3....Carson Palmer just threw 2 come from behind TD to the douchmanzada. We get the ball back following cocloughs devestating muffed punt....haynes gets the first carry and fumbles...carson throws a TD and takes the lead, we lost that game.

I blame coc face more, but hayne had an opportunity and failed

tony hipchest
03-02-2007, 11:21 PM
haha last year, first game against cincy, at pittsburgh, week 3....Carson Palmer just threw 2 come from behind TD to the douchmanzada. We get the ball back following cocloughs devestating muffed punt....haynes gets the first carry and fumbles...carson throws a TD and takes the lead, we lost that game.

I blame coc face more, but hayne had an opportunity and failedyou might want to re-read my post:

everybody just really remembers his last game against cinci.

K Train
03-02-2007, 11:22 PM
lol missed that part

K Train
03-02-2007, 11:23 PM
but still he wasnt impressive last year when his role was increased, he wasnt impressive in camp, he was a ST contibutor and thats it....he can go sign with the pats or browns with the rest of our outcasts

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Dude there was one year were the Bus did fumble 7 times. I don't remember the year off hand but I do remember he had a year where he had the case of the fumbles. The more experience Willie gains the more he will learn to hold onto the ball.

1996, the Bus had 7 fumbles, I remember it well thinking OMG does this guy have butter fingers or what :lol: in 1997 he had 6 fumbles too then he got back to holding onto the ball better.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2354/career

Willie is far from being considered a tiki barber early in his career with all the fumbles, but the sooner he gets that fumbleitis under control, the better :bigthumb:

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 12:23 AM
but still he wasnt impressive last year when his role was increased, he wasnt impressive in camp, he was a ST contibutor and thats it....he can go sign with the pats or browns with the rest of our outcasts
his role was increased to what??? a third down back??? thats all he ever was. take a look at the stats. his role want increased.

unless youre talking about roles being increased like the starters roles on special teams, that were supposed to increase after the '01 afcc game debaucle.

there is perception, then there is reality...

K Train
03-03-2007, 12:25 AM
when has he ever performed to a level to make us see him worthy of keeping around....the guy was dead weight

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 12:37 AM
when has he ever performed to a level to make us see him worthy of keeping around....the guy was dead weightthats better than posting fallacies such as him having fumblitis, or his supposed "role being increased" :bigthumb:

he ALWAYS did what was asked, and did it well, with no bitching or complaints. what more do you want? he was a great team guy.

K Train
03-03-2007, 12:44 AM
im kinda tired of carrying guys around because they are great team guys, we can get good player that can contribute consistently and they can be great team guys too, i think he had his chance, he had a chance during training camp and didnt impress so they brought in najeh.....jmo

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 01:58 AM
im kinda tired of carrying guys around because they are great team guys, we can get good player that can contribute consistently and they can be great team guys too, i think he had his chance, he had a chance during training camp and didnt impress so they brought in najeh.....jmo

haynes- 15 rushes 78 yds 5.2 y/c 13 long
dookie- 60......... 221...... 3.7.......48

dookie was brought in as haynes back up since duce wasnt reliable. haynes tore an acl. (dookie filled in and has injury and durability concerns of his own)

5.2 ypc> 3.7ypc

take away dookies 48 yd run and his average is abysmal. haynes numbers show he is much more consistant. dookies rec #'s are better but he was asked to catch more while haynes was asked to block more.

K Train
03-03-2007, 02:03 AM
take into consideration that when haynes got the ball those whole 15 times it was probably on a 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15 and it was probably a draw, the defense wasnt worried about 5 yards it was worried about a pass for a first down....im not saying hes a worthless player, i just never liked him to much and im happy we got rid of him so hopefully we can get some fresh legs in there

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 02:12 AM
take into consideration that when haynes got the ball those whole 15 times it was probably on a 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15 and it was probably a draw, the defense wasnt worried about 5 yards it was worried about a pass for a first down....

haynes- 4 1st downs on 15 carries
dookie - 9 1st downs on 60 carries

wrong again :dunno:

haynes = injured reserve
dookie = his replacement

najeh is in there because he is cheaper and not injured, not because he is better. no team will be looking to pick up haynes. he has a 1 year acl and his career is probably over.

TEEMONT
03-03-2007, 02:14 AM
regardless, Peyton Manning would probably be a good back-up RB for us.

Steelersfan
03-03-2007, 02:17 AM
haynes- 4 1st downs on 15 carries
dookie - 9 1st downs on 60 carries

wrong again :dunno:

haynes = injured reserve
dookie = his replacement

najeh is in there because he is cheaper and not injured, not because he is better. no team will be looking to pick up haynes. he has a 1 year acl and his career is probably over.

Another thing to look at is Haynes has been in this system for a few years now while Dookie came in after the season started. And also that Dookie was suppose to be the short yardage guy and not the 3 down back when he came here.
Not saying one is better than the other because I don't really care for either one.

TEEMONT
03-03-2007, 02:21 AM
This is rippin out my soul to say this (b/c I'm agreeing with K-Train), but Brian Leonard does sound like a good fit.

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 02:26 AM
to say keeping dookie over haynes because of 1 being injured and one being healthy, or one being a million dollars cheaper is correct.

but to say haynes had turnover problems or never converted 1st downs cause he was only given draw plays on 3rd and 15, is totally incorrect.

nothing wrong with sticking to the FACTS right?

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 02:32 AM
This is rippin out my soul to say this (b/c I'm agreeing with K-Train), but Brian Leonard does sound like a good fit.both he or a player like a. gonzalez would be a great fit with the steelers 3rd round pick. but with all things being equal, you gotta think who they will replace and which will help us most salary cap wise.

leonard replacing our #2 rb, or gonzalez replacing hines ward and his HUGE cap hit.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-03-2007, 02:57 AM
I like both Leonard and Gonzalez. Question would both be there in the 3rd round by the time the Steelers pick? I don't think Leonard lasts until the 3rd. There is a good chance as well that Gonzalez goes in the 2nd as well.

tony hipchest
03-03-2007, 03:27 AM
I like both Leonard and Gonzalez. Question would both be there in the 3rd round by the time the Steelers pick? I don't think Leonard lasts until the 3rd. There is a good chance as well that Gonzalez goes in the 2nd as well.if leonard doesnt last until the 3rd round, then someone is reaching. theres nothing wrong with reaching if youre right.

but if he were capable of stepping in and being a jerome bettis type back you would think he wouldve played for a major program (notre dame) and be a lock as a 1st round back like bettis.

from an economical standpoint, for the steelers, gonzalez would probably be a more valuable pick in round 3.

when drafting, colbert and tomlin have got to think who the pick can replace and what type of $$$ that will save in the future.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 07:38 AM
but if he were capable of stepping in and being a jerome bettis type back you would think he wouldve played for a major program (notre dame) and be a lock as a 1st round back like bettis

Not always though, the Steelers are never afraid to look at guys who don't go to a "major" program and see how they can contribute. Whether or not they always work out is certainly up for debate but as many scouts as we have looking all over the country Im never surprised seeing us take guys from smaller schools.

K Train
03-06-2007, 12:27 AM
This is rippin out my soul to say this (b/c I'm agreeing with K-Train), but Brian Leonard does sound like a good fit.

i dont know how i missed this :dunno:

do we disagree on alot? lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 12:43 AM
maybe he's just hung up on your idea of taking a punter in the first round or something :rofl:

SteelerFan87
03-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Nobody likes Haynes? Fine, I'll make a thread about him. Haynes or Hayes or whatever the announcers think his name is was cool.

BBG7
03-06-2007, 02:18 AM
I thought they were trying to resign him for less money. That's been all the talk that I have heard anyways. I have a feeling the Steelers are going to get what they want.