PDA

View Full Version : Browns, Steinbach agree to deal

Captcoolhand
03-02-2007, 08:17 PM
CLEVELAND (AP) The Cleveland Browns have agreed to contract terms with free-agent offensive lineman Eric Steinbach on a seven-year deal, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on Friday.
Financial terms were not immediately available.
The versatile Steinbach, who played the past four seasons for the Cincinnati Bengals, will sign the contract once he passes a physical, said the person within the NFL who asked to remain anonymous because the signing hasn't been finalized.
As long as there are no hangups, this will be the second straight year the Browns have addressed their offensive line by signing the top free agent available. Last March, the club gave a six-year, $36 million contract to Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley, who suffered a career-threatening knee injury early in training camp.

The Browns are counting on better luck with Steinbach, a 6-foot-6, 290-pounder who can play guard or tackle.
Damn I just can't get how these SOB's can be so far under cap every stink'n year:cursin: I was kinda hoping that this would be someone that we could look at to help our O-Line.
What ever happen to guys waiting to all offers was on the table:dunno:

K Train
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
who cares.....they suck every year too....something is gonna happen like his head is gonna fall off on opening day of camp or something like that

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey the loss of Steinbach hurts the Bengals Oline and protection for Carson.

K Train
03-02-2007, 08:31 PM
it really just allows us to hit carson more and watch him be a fumbling machine a little more.....and who knows, mabey it will be spencer or moss doin the rush off the edge lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
it really just allows us to hit carson more and watch him be a fumbling machine a little more.....and who knows, mabey it will be spencer or moss doin the rush off the edge lol

You know Spencer is my guy but I wouldn't mind Moss either. But I like your dream better Ktrain of Gaines Adams. Thats a great dream and I hope it comes true.:bluelol:

Koopa
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
You know Spencer is my guy but I wouldn't mind Moss either. But I like your dream better Ktrain of Gaines Adams. Thats a great dream and I hope it comes true.:bluelol:

if we get gaines adams i'll do a triple back flip lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 09:19 PM

oh great, as if they need another reason to bitch about us coming after his knees again or something :rolleyes: :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 09:25 PM
oh great, as if they need another reason to bitch about us coming after his knees again or something :rolleyes: :lol:

:bluelol:To funny Top to funny.

DIESELMAN
03-02-2007, 10:53 PM

lol....not by much, hes the guy who blocked Kimo into Palmer. :banana:
I heard on ESPN the contract was for 49 mil over 7 years.

K Train
03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
they should just get rid of the browns and spread that money around to the other teams lol