PDA

View Full Version : 49ers get Clements 8 years 80 million



K Train
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Highest paid defensive player in history according to NFL net!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Highest paid defensive player in history according to NFL net!

Damn, nobody can live up to that kind of money. But it was a good signing for the 49ers.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Holy crap !!! :eek:

A coworker of mine is a big browns fan, he said they were targeting Clement to bolster their secondary; I guess not anymore !

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Holy crap !!! :eek:

A coworker of mine is a big browns fan, he said they were targeting Clement to bolster their secondary; I guess not anymore !

Nobody wants to play for the **** stains.:bluelol:

Captcoolhand
03-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Bullshit, I don't believe it. The guy is good but that is way to much!:yesnod:

K Train
03-02-2007, 08:13 PM
the thing is when you sign for that much you better produce because theres 10 other guys on that defense that arent making close to that. i'd be kinda pissed if one guy was making THAT much more money than me to chase after a ball lol

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Highest paid defensive player in history according to NFL net!

That figure makes up 7.3% of their salary cap! That leaves 92.7% to divide amongst 52 other players! No way any one player is worth that! I don't think Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Ray Nitschke, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis or any other defensive LEGEND that I can think of was worth 7.3% of a payroll on a 53 man team! But I don't think they will actually keep him for 8 years! They will pimp him for a couple years and then dump him! What do you think Frank Gore is gonna expect when he is a RFA and he knows they paid 8 mil to a DB on his team? That move will come back to haunt them! Even though you might have the cap room to spend like they do.....shouldn't spend it foolishly on exhorbitant salaries! You are setting a precedent that you can't possibly maintain! :nono:

Koopa
03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
he'll be there for about 4 of them........ now they need to sign joey porter so he can pair up with up and coming manny lawson or some **** like that lol

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2007, 08:18 PM
the thing is when you sign for that much you better produce because theres 10 other guys on that defense that arent making close to that. i'd be kinda pissed if one guy was making THAT much more money than me to chase after a ball lol

:plus1:

K Train
03-02-2007, 08:19 PM
and they cut there only decent WR in bryant, he was an *** but Gore and Davis cant handle the entire offense :dunno:

Koopa
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
and they cut there only decent WR in bryant, he was an *** but Gore and Davis cant handle the entire offense :dunno:

well there is a thing called the draft to address that lol......they could get jarrett or qinn.......

K Train
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Ginn is gonna be a return specialist, and Jarrett is weak, not exactly what you wanna give your young, inexpirenced, undertalented QB to work with

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I heard the 49ers were going to go after Donte Stallwoth.

House of Steel
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
That is a insane contract for a guy like that, but I know he is a decent player for his position.

DIESELMAN
03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
The 49ers just signed Michael Lewis, signing a six-year deal with the team.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
The 49ers just signed Michael Lewis, signing a six-year deal with the team.

Damn they're making a statement in free agency. I think the Seahawks tight grip on the NFC West the last few years is starting to loosen.

DIESELMAN
03-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Damn they're making a statement in free agency. I think the Seahawks tight grip on the NFC West the last few years is starting to loosen.

Yeah they got money to burn but you know what? The 9ers are still going to suck :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Nolan was on the Huddle on ESPNRadio this afternoon on my way home from work. He was talking about them still in the market for a good OLB and that they are currently talking to 2 different candidates but he wouldn't say who.

Gee I wonder if he has his eye on a certain former Steeler......