PDA

View Full Version : Not Worried About 3rd Down D

PITT23
08-22-2006, 11:46 PM
I realize that our defense is playing like crap on third downs but they haven't been gameplanning in the same way they would for a regular season game so they don't know the exact tendencies of other teams. That can also be said about our offense too (but it doesn't account for sloppiness that we've been seeing every now and then).

Steelersfan
08-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I always worry about out 3rd down D. We haven't exactly been very good at it the past couple years.

Prosdo
08-23-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm sure the 3rd down D will look much better once the regular season starts.

Steelx
08-23-2006, 08:19 AM
third down D realize a lot on the corner back position and coverage of WR's in a hole and the steelers corners are just not the greatest with out a pass rush. Once we get the pass rush going the defense on third downs will get a lot better.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
2 years ago our 3rd down D was horrific, we couldn't get off the field to save our lives...then last year we tightened it up and played alot better on 3rd down but we still left room for improvement. I don't normally worry much about efficiency on either side of the ball during preseason...after all its just vanilla offense and defense and all the starters want to do is get off the field without injury. The backups play hard but none of them are used to playing together and alot of them are new so that's always a recipie for a sloppy performace when they play against the other teams starters especially in the first half

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-24-2006, 01:43 PM
I disagree, I do see our third down defense as a concern.

Steelerlyn
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I always worry about out 3rd down D. We haven't exactly been very good at it the past couple years.

That is a fact!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: