PDA

View Full Version : Wonder where the TJ Duckett rumors come from?

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

Finding bargains in an overpriced market might be difficult. Every player who hits free agency Friday expects to hit the lottery. NFL teams enter this market with great trepidation. To sign top free agents, general managers must adjust to the idea of paying close to $7 million a year for guards, $5 million for a top tight end and more than $7 million for defensive ends. The hope for teams is that the market will settle down and good players will be available at decent prices.

Here are a few possibilities:

1. Running back T.J. Duckett, Washington Redskins -- The Falcons' top choice in 2002 understands he might not get the $5 million deal given to a featured back. His price might be around $2 million a year, a nice price for a 254-pound back who could complement a shifty feature runner. He'd look perfect in Steelers black-and-gold helping out Willie Parker.

Heres the answer! John Claytons been pimpin the idea! Didn't he used to live in Pittsburgh? Isn't he shunned by the Steeler organization for a lot of negative reporting he has done on us in the past? People still look to Clayton for insider information on the Steelers not realizing he isn't even welcome in our front office! That should give everybody an idea as to how much value the Steeler front office will give to John Claytons ideas of what they need! :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Im so tired of hearing about Duckett..either sign the dude or move on already :banging:

K Train
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
**** duckett, hes huge but hes soft....not to mention fragile

Steelerlyn
03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
TJ's brother's company is a client of ours. I have told him about these rumors in the past and he laughs. Maybe it is time I call him again? :)

DIESELMAN
03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I can't get past Clayton's ugly mug to even pay attention to anything he says :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
TJ's brother's company is a client of ours. I have told him about these rumors in the past and he laughs. Maybe it is time I call him again? :)

Why dont you , and tell him to tell TJ to either sign with us or make a public statement telling everyone to knock it hell off with the rumors :lol:

Koopa
03-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Why dont you , and tell him to tell TJ to either sign with us or make a public statement telling everyone to knock it hell off with the rumors :lol:

i rather him just make a public statement telling everyone to knock it hell off with the rumors....the dude is a bust............