PDA

View Full Version : Duckett to Redskins

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-22-2006, 10:37 PM
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons traded running back T.J. Duckett to the Washington Redskins on Tuesday as part of a three-team deal and acquired holdout receiver Ashley Lelie from the Denver Broncos.

The Broncos received Washington's third-round pick in the 2007 draft as part of the deal, according to two officials within the league who spoke on condition of anonymity because the trade had not been officially announced.

Washington had been shopping for a running back since star Clinton Portis partially dislocated his shoulder in the preseason opener against Cincinnati. The Redskins are unsure if he'll be ready for the start of the regular season.

The Falcons, meanwhile, were eager to land another receiver after losing Brian Finneran to a season-ending knee injury in the early days of training camp. Lelie was the NFL's leader in yards per catch the last two seasons, but he held out of training camp in hopes of forcing a trade.

PITT23
08-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Well I guess we're not gettin him anymore and it should be a good move for the Skins and Lelie isn't bad to have thrown in there too for the Falcons as another WR. Its also a good move if Portis isnt better for the start of the season.

Aunkster
08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
it was only a matter of time,he was going somewhere

AZ_Steeler
08-23-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm don't think Lelie is going to be the answer for the Falcons, he will be a big plus that's for sure but they still need a QB who can get him the ball ;)

Steelersfan
08-23-2006, 12:42 AM
I agree with ya AZ! I'm not a big Vick fan. Sure he can run but he hasn't been able to throw in the NFL.

Think Duckett will like sitting behind Portis when he gets back?

I think the Broncos did the smart thing of the 3 teams. Got rid of a player they don't want and got a draft pick in return.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Lelie is too much of a head case and doesnt apply himself to be a consistent performer, IMO. The skins got themselves a big back in duckett now to hold them over till Portis returns.

Blitzburgh55
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Ive always liked duckett since he went to MSU but i hate the skins

Steelerlyn
08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Ive always liked duckett since he went to MSU but i hate the skins

:iagree: TJ was an awesome player to watch at MSU. He was not being used to his fullest potential in Atlanta.:2cents: :) :)

PemPgh14
08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Good move for the 'Skins. They could use a power RB. You know, like Jerome Bettis.