Steelerlyn
03-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Or so I was just told.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Who told you :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
I wouldn't be suprised. Us Steelers fans can be very extreme. But I'm willing to give Coach Tomlin 3-4 years before calling for his head.

House of Steel
All I got to say is, :bigfinger: to whomever wanted to can him before he even proved himself.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
according to whois , somebody has it...

Minimum Term Registration : 1 Year
Domain Name :

www.firemiketomlin.com

Domain Availability : NO

The SnapBack® back-ordering system helps you secure desired domain names and protect the names you already have, all for only $69 a year. SnapBack can also minimize or avert unintended loss of a domain name, and thus of vital e-commerce functions.

Want to buyfiremiketomlin.com even though it is already registered?

You may still be able to purchase firemiketomlin.com by using the services of Sedo.com, the world's leading domain name brokerage. The folks at Sedo have connections to thousands of domain owners around the world, and their experienced Domain Brokers can negotiate the purchase of your domain at the lowest price possible.

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
lol why fire someone whos taking us to superbowl 42 before he even starts?

BBG7
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I believe Mike Tomlin will be with us for a while, and I have faith in his coaching abillities. It makes me sick when people don't even want to give the guy a chance.

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
racists! lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I believe Mike Tomlin will be with us for a while, and I have faith in his coaching abillities. It makes me sick when people don't even want to give the guy a chance.

:bigthumb:I agree.

Steelerlyn
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Who told you :dunno:

A member of ther Black'NGold Pride Club imed me. And he is what I would call a very reliable source. :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Never say we aren't passionate fans :lol:

Maybe this is a Porter fan who's calling for his head and hasn't put the site up yet till the announcement came out ;)

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't be suprised. Us Steelers fans can be very extreme. But I'm willing to give Coach Tomlin 3-4 years before calling for his head.

Its a business and this was a business decision. I wanted them to keep Joey too! But I will admit he was overpriced! His loss will allow us to sign other players like Troy. I would still like to see them also dump Haggan. He is slated to make over 2 mil and I don't think he is worth 1 mil! That move may still be coming! :scratch:

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
mabey it WAS porter lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Never say we aren't passionate fans :lol:

Maybe this is a Porter fan who's calling for his head and hasn't put the site up yet till the announcement came out ;)

Passionate? Thats a nice way to describe the Steelers fans bond with their team. I call it more like a sickness.:bluelol: But I'm down with the sickness.:bluelol:

Blitzburgh55
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
mabey it WAS porter lol

No it was Veron Hayes

Koopa
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
to bad tomlin had nothing to do with the firing of porter, it was all colbert........

Black@Gold Forever32
Its a business and this was a business decision. I wanted them to keep Joey too! But I will admit he was overpriced! His loss will allow us to sign other players like Troy. I would still like to see them also dump Haggan. He is slated to make over 2 mil and I don't think he is worth 1 mil! That move may still be coming! :scratch:

I like Mike Tomlin to and I think he is going to be a very good HC. Just saying after 3 or 4 years if the Steelers don't make the play-offs under Tomlin then its time to say bye bye. But I think he is going to take the Steelers to at least 2 more Super Bowl wins.:bigthumb:

BBG7
Porter doens't seem to have any hard feelings...he knows it's a business and when asked if things would have been different if Cowher was still here...he said no, I'm not going to blame the coach, I would think he would want everyone back. It's a business and that's how he seems to be approaching this situation.

I think it was Koopa who brought up a good point that Tomlin probably didn't have much say in this descision. I agree.

Steelerlyn
Another way to look at it is Joey could resign at a lower rate couldn't he like Bettis did or does the organization just not want him? I see him going to AZ to be with Whiz & Company, they need him and will pay for him.

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
joey isnt very bettis like, hes probably on a plane to AZ right now

BBG7
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
No it was Veron Hayes

I heard they were probably going to try to resign Hayes though for a reduced price.

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
i hope not

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Porter doens't seem to have any hard feelings...he knows it's a business and when asked if things would have been different if Cowher was still here...he said no, I'm not going to blame the coach, I would think he would want everyone back. It's a business and that's how he seems to be approaching this situation.

I think it was Koopa who brought up a good point that Tomlin probably didn't have much say in this descision. I agree.

Oh I disagree. I think Tomlin had a big part in it. I heard Stan Savern say on Sports Beat tonight that Keven Colbert said it was nice to have a fresh set of eyes to evaluate the Steelers talent. So I'm sure Colbert asked for Tomlin's opinion on Joey Porter. Hey I'm not upset with Porter being cut its part of the business.

Steelerlyn
03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
joey isnt very bettis like, hes probably on a plane to AZ right now

I agree but he was Bettis like in the locker room as a leader. As Az_Steeler said, "They are calling this the Pittsburgh of the West" or something like that

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:28 PM
bettis was a kind humble man and i wouldnt have it any other way, joey was a cocky, trash talking son of a bitch and i wouldnt have it any other way....when the bus re-signed with us, he wasnt playing for money anymore....he wouldve played for free...he wanted to be a steeler

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Tomlin had a say in this, there's little doubt of that IMO. How much say this anybody's guess, but had Tomlin made it clear that he had to have Joey on this team, Porter would still be here.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Tomlin had a say in this, there's little doubt of that IMO. How much say this anybody's guess, but had Tomlin made it clear that he had to have Joey on this team, Porter would still be here.

Plus I want a HC to have a opinion on roster decisions. If you have a HC and if his opinion isn't asked or matters then whats the point of having a HC?:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Plus I want a HC to have a opinion on roster decisions. If you have a HC and if his opinion isn't asked or matters then whats the point of having a HC.:bluelol:

:plus1: If the Rooney's didn't have enough faith in him in that capacity then I'd seriously question there motive in all this. They brought in a good guy so we need to see what he can do with his opportunity.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
One

Joshua Tarrats

registered the website www.firemiketomlin.com

Administrative Contact:
Tarrats, Joshua josh@itnconsulting.com
1787 E Pinehurst
Fresno, California 93720
United States
(559) 709-6832

Registrant:
Joshua Tarrats
1787 E Pinehurst
Fresno, California 93720
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: FIREMIKETOMLIN.COM
Created on: 21-Jan-07
Expires on: 21-Jan-08

Steelerlyn
03-01-2007, 11:28 PM
One

Joshua Tarrats

registered the website www.firemiketomlin.com

Administrative Contact:
Tarrats, Joshua josh@itnconsulting.com
1787 E Pinehurst
Fresno, California 93720
United States
(559) 709-6832

Sounds to me like Josh is thinking with his heart and not his head, let's give Mike Tomlin a chance.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe he bought it so nobody else would. Perhaps he heard rumors that somebody was going to buy it so he just bought it ahead of time to keep it out of the wrong hands.. you never know.

steelcurtaingal
03-02-2007, 09:07 AM
hey, now lets give the man a chance. In three years, if he is making really crappy decisions, you can fire his ***, but lets not give up on him just cause we all love Porter. he hasnt started coaching, yet, and some are calling for his head:nono:
Go steelers
Good Luck porter

Steelerlyn
03-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Maybe he bought it so nobody else would. Perhaps he heard rumors that somebody was going to buy it so he just bought it ahead of time to keep it out of the wrong hands.. you never know.

We should think positively and give MT a chance.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Anybody up for giving this guy a call? :lol:

BlackGold4vr
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
hey, now lets give the man a chance. In three years, if he is making really crappy decisions, you can fire his ***, but lets not give up on him just cause we all love Porter. he hasnt started coaching, yet, and some are calling for his head:nono:
Go steelers
Good Luck porter

:iagree:

Give the man a chance! And don't think that the decision to can Porter was his idea and his alone! I am sure the whole front office spent many hours analyzing our cap situation and all the options that they had and this is the direction they chose to go in! To lay all the blame for this decision at the feet of the new coach is just not fair! You hate him? Then Colbert and Art Jr. must share in some of your hatred because I know they probably had more to do with this decision than Tomlin did! :yesnod:

BBG7
03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Regardless of Tomlin probably having something to do with the descision to cut Peezy...it was not completely up to him. Again, this is a business and I'm sick to death of people bashing our new coach without even watching him coach one game with us. Get over it....if you are a true fan of the Steelers you will stick by their decisions and give our new HC the chance he desereves! The Rooneys seem to like what he can bring to the table and are confident in their desicion to hire him. Get over it...he's our coach and I'd be willing to put money on him being the coach for quite a while.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Nobody thinks that this was Tomlin's idea alone to can Porter, that is ludicrous, but on the flip side don't think for a hot second that he had nothing to do with it. I said in another thread that this could be a power move by Tomlin or it could just be a salary cap move. I tend to think it's both.

The man will have his chance to coach this team and make his mark soon enough. He's got a good head on his shoulders and he's saying all the right things so far, I can't wait to see what happens this Sept. !

Forged in Steel
03-02-2007, 03:33 PM
A guy named Joshua Tarrats bought it.

Link: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=firemiketomlin.com&prog_id=godaddy

TampaSteelGirl
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I"m upset about Joey! :willybs:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
A guy named Joshua Tarrats bought it.

Link: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=firemiketomlin.com&prog_id=godaddy

Already posted stevie. Read the entire thread. :nahnah:

Forged in Steel
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Oops, sorry.

LonghornSteelerzFan
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
We need to give MT a chance, **** we haven't even see the guy coach yet. The decision to release Peezy was a front office decision by MT, Rooney and Colbert. Even though I'm disappointed Peezy was released, I remain optimistic that MT is going to continue the Steeler Legacy with honor and pride.

TEEMONT
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Somone probably bought it now, so they canmake money in the future by selling it when he has a bas season.

DIESELMAN
03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
People could start 1000 websites like that and it wouldn't matter. Tomlin has already showed character and poise and also showing he is the man. It would've been real easy to cave and resign Porter but we have other needs and Porter and the FO know that. The Porter deal is business and thats it, Porter knew that last year and knows all about it this year, he knew his time was up.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Guys guys guys, we don't even know if that's going to be a website about actually firing Tomlin or wanting him fired. The dude may just have bought it so nobody else could and start trouble. Domains are a dime a dozen, especially if you park them and never do anything with it.