PDA

View Full Version : Steelers tender offer to Max Starks

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
By making the tenders to Starks and St. Pierre, the Steelers reserve the right to retain the players by matching any offer sheets they would sign with another team. Starks and St. Pierre could also remain with the Steelers by signing their tender offer for 2007 or by signing a long-term contract with the team.

Starks will enter his fourth NFL season in 2007 after being drafted by the Steelers in the third round (75th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft. He has started 30 career games after becoming a full-time starter in 2005. He helped Pittsburgh rank third in the AFC in 2006 in total yards per game (357.8) and aided in Willie Parker's team-record rushing performance (233 rushing yards) in a win over Cleveland in Week 14.

By tendering an offer to Max Starks, we at least guarantee that if another team wants to outbid us for him we would get their 1st round pick! I just don't think that will happen which is good for us! We need to keep Starks and draft a day 1 O-lineman to add depth and give us some options if someone gets hurt or isn't playing very well! Happy about this move! :clap:

K Train
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
its a good move for depth reasons....mabey Grimm will want him so bad we can get there first round pick and get Adams! lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
By tendering an offer to Max Starks, we at least guarantee that if another team wants to outbid us for him we would get their 1st round pick! I just don't think that will happen which is good for us! We need to keep Starks and draft a day 1 O-lineman to add depth and give us some options if someone gets hurt or isn't playing very well! Happy about this move! :clap:

:bigthumb:I agree. The Steelers don't have alot of NFL experience at OT besides Marvel Smith. So keeping Starks was a no brainer to me. Plus he is still young and can develop into a really good RT.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM

:plus1: I can't see a team giving up their first round pick for him so he should be back with us in 2007 which will really help us in the depth dept and give him a shot to redeem himself in 2008. I really like his upside and he's got alot of talent, but the dude has to get meaner and play with a chip on his shoulder and he could be unstoppable.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM
its a good move for depth reasons....mabey Grimm will want him so bad we can get there first round pick and get Adams! lol

lol I think your dreaming bud. But you know what its a good dream.lol

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Never gonna happen.......but its nice to dream! :rockon:

K Train
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
its an amazing one....tell me that wouldnt be worth it? it could happen....mabey grimm and starks are gay with each other and we would just be renuniting them lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
its an amazing one....tell me that wouldnt be worth it? it could happen....mabey grimm and starks are gay with each other and we would just be renuniting them lol

:bluelol:

Still I don't know if Whiz would be stupid enough to give up a first for Max Starks. I know he needs Oline help but he isn't that desperate.:bluelol:

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
:plus1: I really like his upside and he's got alot of talent, but the dude has to get meaner and play with a chip on his shoulder and he could be unstoppable.

Move Kendal and start Willie Colon at RG! Maybe playing next to a pissed off guy from the Bronx can rub off on Maxi! :lol:

K Train
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
hes as strong as a ****ing ox....but hes got the mentality of a teddy bear..theres no reason with his size and strength why he shouldnt be great

Black@Gold Forever32
Move Kendal and start Willie Colon at RG! Maybe playing next to a pissed off guy from the Bronx can rub off on Maxi! :lol:

I agree with you man. I would like to see Colon at RG and Simmons moved to center as well. But I'm hoping that Marvin Philip can develop into a good player. He was a top rated center in college before going on his morman mission. So I think the kid has some upside.

BlitzburghRockCity
Sounds like a plan to me. Kendall has a mean streak in him too so if he did move to center and it worked out we could be beastly on that right side.

K Train
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
phillips was starting fights in the preseason lol

Koopa
03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I agree with you man. I would like to see Colon at RG and Simmons moved to center as well. But I'm hoping that Marvin Philip can develop into a good player. He was a top rated center in college before going on his morman mission. So I think the kid has some upside.

f'k that, chuk wun is taking over the middle for good lol

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
f'k that, chuk wun is taking over the middle for good lol

Okobi still hasn't shown he can play since the neck surgery that some thought would end his career. Spine surgery for a position that takes a pounding is no joke. Now if he was a punter or a kicker there would be less worries! :lol:

Koopa
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
so he didn't do good when he took over for hartings :dunno:

K Train
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
dont joke about punters...we got superstar on the way
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/bright-1.jpg

BlackGold4vr
03-01-2007, 10:27 PM
so he didn't do good when he took over for hartings :dunno:

He did play okay, but that was a couple games and not a season! I thought Willie Colon didn't represent himself too bad either yet lots on this sight don't put any stock in him yet! :popcorn:

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-02-2007, 12:20 AM
The STEELERS have been carrying Chukky for a few years ...it's time to let him show his stuff...

K Train
03-02-2007, 12:23 AM
i think he couldve been playing for a while now.....so it goes back to cowher again lol

Koopa
03-02-2007, 12:25 AM
i think he couldve been playing for a while now.....so it goes back to cowher again lol

i concur...........

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Chukki needs to step up and take that job and justify that raise we gave him a couple years back. He's been riding the pine since he's been here because of Hartings. If he can't win that job now then he needs to be cut and that's that.