PDA

View Full Version : Watching LB drills replay

K Train
03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I didnt really see any of the combine but now im watching the OLBs run drills and heres how i see it so far.

Spencer runs the drills great, has hands made of stone. He was explosive and has great instincts

Moss is very fluid, great hands, like what i see from him

Moses, very stiff, looks like a scared little girl out there

Adams-Excelled at the drills......period

kgreen
03-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Poz looked very good at the combine:bigthumb:
Yeah I also liked what I saw from Spencer and Moss. Either of those three guys would be great draft picks this year.

kgreen
03-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh yeah and Tim Shaw ran a 4.49........thats not bad:bigthumb:

Blitzburgh55
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Spencer isnt great he is not a 1st round pick no chance the steelers take him

BB2W
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Moss is very fluid, great hands, like what i see from himI thought he looked good too... maybe a smoother transition to OLB than Spencer.

This is from KFFL on Monday...

Steelers | Team talks with J. Moss
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:02:07 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Florida DE Jarvis Moss said he spoke with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

NFL | J. Moss willing to play linebacker
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:54:06 -0800

At the NFL Combine, Florida DE Jarvis Moss measured a height of 6-6 and a weight of 250 pounds. During his interview, he said some teams have asked if he would play linebacker. Moss added, "I told them I'm up for whatever. Whatever my need is called and whatever is going to help the team win, I'm ready for it. I feel confident in my abilities that I can do that just as well as anybody. So I'm looking forward to it. I look forward going out and competing against running backs and tight ends as much as I enjoy playing against offensive linemen."

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Spencer isnt great he is not a 1st round pick no chance the steelers take him

You've said that like 3 times in other threads already, the dude isn't going to be there when we pick in the 2nd round, if he's on our short list then I don't have a problem with him being our 1st round pick unless something whacky happens before us and Okoye or Joe Thomas falls to us :lol:

K Train
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
You've said that like 3 times in other threads already, the dude isn't going to be there when we pick in the 2nd round, if he's on our short list then I don't have a problem with him being our 1st round pick unless something whacky happens before us and Okoye or Joe Thomas falls to us :lol:
or adams, adams was flawless at the combine, he'd be a beast of an olb and if he fell to us....wow

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 06:08 PM
or adams, adams was flawless at the combine, he'd be a beast of an olb and if he fell to us....wow

Yea Gaines Adams is a ****ing beast. He is the best of the DE/OLB in this draft. Dude I don't look for him to fall to 15. But in 2004 nobody really thought Ben would fall to 11. If Adams fell to 15 I will streak naked around my block.

K Train
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
i would possibly be interested in trading up if we could get him somehow, he really tore it up at the combine....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
i would possibly be interested in trading up if we could get him somehow, he really tore it up at the combine....

Hey K Train where do you think Adams will go. Do you think top five? I don't think he will go top five. Looking at the teams in the top five.

Raiders-Russell
Lions-Joe Thomas
Browns-Adrian Peterson
Bucs-Calvin Johnson
Skins-maybe but I think it might be Branch or Anderson.

My point it would take alot for the Steelers to jump from 15 to the top five. The closer Adams is to 15 the less the Steelers have to give up to trade up.

K Train
03-01-2007, 06:26 PM
no i really think washington goes with branch, minnesota would probably be the next in line to get him

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2007, 06:44 PM
no i really think washington goes with branch, minnesota would probably be the next in line to get him

I'm thinking the Skins go with Branch as well. I'm just trying to think were the Steelers would have to trade up to get Adams. You think the Vikes? They hae spent alot of first round picks on the Dline the last few years. So they might not want to spend another first rounder on the Dline. Adams would play Dline for the Vikes.

K Train
03-01-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah but they really need WR, and Quinn might actually slip that far...who knows, let me think for a little

Koopa
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
i wish moss wouldn't have got caught smoking pot, cause i wouldn't mind him coming here at all, i love when players step up in the biggest games of their career like he did, he made OSU look foolish, and i loved the way he was playing, that would be awesome on the steelers...........

K Train
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
i dont think that will be an issue....he seems like hes straightened himself out, hes done everything right so far.....doesnt seem like a thug not worth drafting to me....he was real good at the combine

K Train
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
your boy moses though....theres an interesting one....he was weak, pathetic, stiff and looked straight up scared out there

Koopa
03-01-2007, 11:37 PM
your boy moses though....theres an interesting one....he was weak, pathetic, stiff and looked straight up scared out there

my boy??? all i ever said was that he might be saving himself for the combine, i didn't say he was a guarantee to prove that he was gonna be great lol.....

Koopa
03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
i dont think that will be an issue....he seems like hes straightened himself out, hes done everything right so far.....doesnt seem like a thug not worth drafting to me....he was real good at the combine

well i hope not cause he looks like he's gonna be pretty good in the nfl, and i'd hate to see one mistake cost him a chance to shine with the steelers.......

K Train
03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
OH OH OH....he MIGHT be saving himself for the combine.....lol

K Train
03-02-2007, 12:13 AM
well koop i apologize....here i thought you liked him all this time when really hes just some guy you read about lol.

i love that attitude, **** carriker :lol: i wouldn't mind any of those guys you mentioned......... moses would be a good pick up if he'd pick his game back up to how he played his junior season, i was reading up on him and he had a crazy drop off in numbers his senior year, they said he was probably playing not to get hurt just waiting for the nfl lol........

Koopa
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
well koop i apologize....here i thought you liked him all this time when really hes just some guy you read about lol.

lol, you went digging up post to try to prove me wrong but instead proved your self wrong :lol:

K Train
03-02-2007, 12:41 AM
lol i didnt dig i searched keywords "moses hurt nfl" lol

Steelersfan
03-02-2007, 12:42 AM
We might need to frame that post by k-train!......lol

K Train
03-02-2007, 12:42 AM
what the apology??? lmao

BB2W
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I just saw Kiper's mock on ESPN's "Bottom Line" and he had the Steelers taking Moss.

kgreen
03-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I just saw Kiper's mock on ESPN's "Bottom Line" and he had the Steelers taking Moss.

Moss had a great Combine I wouldn't mind him. But, I would perfer Spencer or Poz. I'll also take Shaw in the later rounds. The only problem I have with Kiper is: he doesn't know S*** about the draft. So, like I have said before, this will be the most interesting draft in years. How much more fun can it get?:tt02:

K Train
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
im pretty sure at this point i'd be just as happy with moss as i would be with spencer

BB2W
03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
im pretty sure at this point i'd be just as happy with moss as i would be with spencerHis stock might be rising too much... Mayock now has Moss in 8th of his ten best players in the draft. I hope he's there at 15. :crossfingers:

Koopa
03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
His stock might be rising too much... Mayock now has Moss in 8th of his ten best players in the draft. I hope he's there at 15. :crossfingers:

who's mayock????

BB2W
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
who's mayock????NFL Network's version of Mel Kiper Jr.

K Train
03-03-2007, 06:32 PM
i think he will be there because Adams is an absolute beast and Anderson is WAY overrated, i think we are targeting moss and i would be VERY happy with the pick

Black@Gold Forever32
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
i think he will be there because Adams is an absolute beast and Anderson is WAY overrated, i think we are targeting moss and i would be VERY happy with the pick

I agree:bigthumb: You know Spencer is my guy but I would be happy with Jarvis Moss also. No complaints from me if he is drafted.