PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Art Rooney II about Dr. Rydze

BlackGold4vr
02-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Statement from Steelers President Art Rooney, II concerning Dr. Rydze

I first became aware of the investigation involving Dr. Richard Rydze yesterday afternoon. I immediately called Dr. Rydze, who has been a member of our medical staff for many years. He acknowledged that he had a visit at his office a couple months ago from FDA officials.

Dr. Rydze said the agents made inquiries about his practice, and his purchases from a pharmacy in Florida. Dr. Rydze was told that he is not a target of the investigation.

I advised the League office yesterday of our knowledge of the situation. I have also reviewed the matter with our Head Trainer, John Norwig, as well as the head of our medical staff, Dr. Tony Yates.

There is no evidence that Dr. Rydze prescribed or provided any hormone treatments to any of our players. Dr. Rydze has assured me that this has never happened and will never happen.

We will continue to monitor this situation to make sure that we can continue to feel confident in our medical staff in this area.

I am sure there will be more to follow. The Rooney's like their reputation of doing things the right way. If there are any truths to any of this I would look for this doctors association with the team to end! :nono:

Steelerlyn
02-28-2007, 04:20 PM
<I am sure there will be more to follow. The Rooney's like their reputation of doing things the right way. If there are any truths to any of this I would look for this doctors association with the team to end!>

I completely agree with you.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
There's no way the Steelers would put up with trainers, doctors or anybody else giving our players illegal substances. If he is, they'll can his *** in a heartbeat but I can't imagine anything will come of this in the end involving our players.

AZ_Steeler
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
The Steelers do have a pretty good rep around the league... Glad to hear something from the FO regarding this situation though hopefully nothing does become of it and it passes by... I'm sure we all feel the same and believe the players are not involved with this particular matter!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Now if this were the Bengals, then hell yah they might as well just admit to it, but our players? No way ! they may not be perfect, but I can't believe the Rooney's would allow this to happen or be oblivious to it if it was.