PDA

View Full Version : Doctor For Steelers Interviewed In Drug Investigation

Captcoolhand
02-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Last month, a New York investigator who has been tracking suspicious purchases from Signature Pharmacy flew to Pittsburgh to interview a top physician for the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers about why he allegedly used a personal credit card to purchase roughly $150,000 in testosterone and human growth hormone in 2006.
The physician, Richard A. Rydze, who won a silver medal in platform diving in the 1972 Olympics, told the investigator the drugs were for his private patients, according to a person briefed on the interview. Rydze is an internist at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He also is a consulting physician for the FBI and the Federal Aviation Administration.
There are no allegations Rydze violated any laws. Many doctors are allowed under Pennsylvania rules to order and dispense prescription drugs. But investigators in New York said his orders of testosterone piqued their interest because of the large volume, his position with an NFL team and because he allegedly used a personal credit card.
"The doctors pretty much have reign to do anything they want," said Carmen Catizone, executive director of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
But Catizone, who has served as an expert witness for the DEA and other law enforcement agencies in criminal trials, said the credit card purchases raised questions.
"I've never seen a doctor pull out his or her own credit card ... it just doesn't make sense," Catizone said. "Unless you are trying to build frequent-flyer miles on a credit card, I'm not sure why they'd be using a personal credit card."
Rydze and two spokesmen for the Steelers' organization declined repeated requests for comment over the past two weeks. Pennsylvania state medical board officials also declined to comment.
The retail value of the drugs allegedly purchased by Rydze, who tends to Steelers' players during their home and away games, is about $750,000, according to an investigator in the case.here the link for the rest of the story http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/305292_drugraid27ww.html
Man, you got to wonder when you use your own money:scratch:

Hburg
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
A Seattle newspaper? Sounds like there is a particularly bitter city that will do anything to discredit the city and team that beat their asses a year ago.

BuFu

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
:iagree: I will keep sending them the notes and words to the song, CRY ME A RIVER!!!

I wish they would just get the f*ck over it and move on.

SteelersWoman
02-28-2007, 01:58 AM
http://www.wpxi.com/sports/11127206/detail.html?rss=burg&psp=news

Pharmacy Raid Happened In Orlando
POSTED: 2:59 pm EST February 27, 2007
UPDATED: 5:53 pm EST February 27, 2007
ORLANDO, Fl. -- A pharmacy raid in Florida is linked to a doctor for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The raid happened Tuesday morning in downtown Orlando.
The Albany Times Union Newspaper reported that investigators uncovered evidence that testosterone and other performance enhancing drugs may have been fraudulently prescribed over the internet to current and former major league baseball players, including Los Angeles Angels centerfielder Gary Matthews Junior, NFL players, college athletes, high school coaches, a former Mr. Olympia champion and another top contender in bodybuilding.
The newspaper reported its sources also said a narcotics investigator who has been tracking suspicious purchases from the pharmacy raided Tuesday, flew to Pittsburgh last month to interview Doctor Richard Rydze about his alleged purchase last year using a personal credit card of about $150,000 worth of testosterone and human growth hormone.
Rydze is a top physician for the Pittsburgh Steelers who won two silver medals in diving in the 1972 Olympics.
The FBI confirmed he is also a consulting physician for them.
The newspaper also claimed Rydze told the investigator the drugs were for his private patients and that according to an investigator in the case, the retail value of the drugs is about $750,000.

AZ_Steeler
02-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Hopefully this has nothing to do with the Steelers... I already hate hearing about how the Steelers were the first team to start using steroids in the 70's...

floodcitygirl
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Hopefully this doesn't involve any CURRENT Steelers, let alone former.

Steelerlyn
02-28-2007, 11:55 AM
It is on ESPn radio right now Colin is smacking the Stillers!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
This is all people jumping the gun..the dude doesnt even work for us during the week, only on game day so it's not like he's feeding our guys pills left and right.

House of Steel
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Before everyone jumps the gun anymore, how about supplying the prove? I don't believe anything until the prove is shown to me, until then, I will love to tell the media this one :bigfinger:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey I don't care if athletes use roids or HGH. Its part of what Pro sports has become. Who knows how many past and present players used or are using the ****.

No Steelers havn't been named which is good since I really don't want to hear about this **** anymore. I'm so sick of hearing about in MLB.lol The gov. needs to focus on more important things. That the gov. for you always taking the fun out of things.

But I hope the Rooneys do fire this chump as their team doctor for being so stupid to think he wouldn't get noticed purchasing that large amount of stuff.

Stairwayto7
02-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Testosterone booster! Big deal I sell 5 different kinds. my most popular is NovedexXT, will increase your own levels up to 600 % in just 30 days. Most medical journals insist that men over 35 should take a testosterone booster. There are some other testosterone products that add to your own instead of increase, I also sell three of these. Its all legal. Most HGH`s are bogus, the owns on the market are all just talk. The illeagal stuff is the real deal.

DIESELMAN
02-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Guilty until proven innocent...err I mean well you know what I mean..lol Thats where our justice system is today. Is this stuff that Dr. Rydze bought on the NFL's list of illegal performance enhancers?

floodcitygirl
02-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Testosterone booster! Big deal I sell 5 different kinds. my most popular is NovedexXT, will increase your own levels up to 600 % in just 30 days. Most medical journals insist that men over 35 should take a testosterone booster. There are some other testosterone products that add to your own instead of increase, I also sell three of these. Its all legal. Most HGH`s are bogus, the owns on the market are all just talk. The illeagal stuff is the real deal.I'm just trying to understand then. If it was just about this, then why are people being arrested? :dunno:

BBC
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey I don't care if athletes use roids

That's a joke, right?

You have no problem with players cheating? You do understand how ridiculous that is, right?

Black@Gold Forever32
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
That's a joke, right?

You have no problem with players cheating? You do understand how ridiculous that is, right?

You do know I don't give a rats *** what you think about my opinion.:bluelol:

Its one thing to disagree but if you're going to act like that.

Then I all I have to say is:bigfinger:

SteelerFan87
02-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I think this guy should be fired, and I hope the Steelers handle it the right way to eliminate any suspicion that this guy was juicing up our players. I think it's bullshit how we get blamed for being the 1st team to start using steroids, when it was really the chargers and the steroid use on the Steelers was far from being the whole team like it's portrayed to be.

Stairwayto7
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm just trying to understand then. If it was just about this, then why are people being arrested? :dunno:

There are illegal HGH thats works and is dangerous to use. But nowadays a man does not need illegal testosterone boosters. Look into Gammo-test, or Gaspari Nutritions Novedex XT, or Vyotechs HD17

BlitzburghRockCity
02-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Remember, not every drug or performance enchancer or whatever is technically "illegal" as far as the law is concerned...they are however on the NFL's banned substances list, therefore the NFL gets involved.

BBC
03-04-2007, 07:33 PM
You do know I don't give a rats *** what you think about my opinion.:bluelol:

Its one thing to disagree but if you're going to act like that.

Then I all I have to say is:bigfinger:

That's wonderful.

Players cheating is perfectly okay with you, but me calling you out on it gets a "big finger."

It must be nice in your world where teams should throw games and where cheating is fine :rolleyes:

kgreen
03-04-2007, 08:14 PM
here the link for the rest of the story http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/305292_drugraid27ww.html
Man, you got to wonder when you use your own money:scratch:

:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: