PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry?

BlackGold4vr
02-27-2007, 09:30 AM
By Gil Brandt
NFL.com Senior Analyst

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 26, 2007) -- The Combine is winding down. The offensive coaches have all left, so we now have half the amount of coaches in attendance. This has been the most successful Combine we've ever had, with a fantastic number of guys participating and record media coverage.

The most asked question right now is: Who is Chris Henry? The answer is he is a running back from Arizona who entered school there in 2003. He was hurt early on and then in 2004 and 2005 he never started but played some. In 2006, he got in a couple of starts but was still mostly a reserve. In high school, he won the 100-meter track championship at Stockton High School in Stockton, Calif. But until this year, he had never really played much in college, starting only a couple of times this year. If you look at all the draft books, you see that he's nowhere to be listed in any of them. So why all the interest? The 5-11, 230-pound running back notched 26 bench presses (second best for runners), the second-best 10-yard time at 1.51 (Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson was 1.54), and he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds. The way he worked out created an unbelievable amount of interest. He was definitely the most talked about prospect in the city of Indianapolis last night.

RB 27 Chris Henry JR 6-0/225/- Arizona Stockton, CA

Sounds like a sleeper pick! 27th is his ranking in scout.com for running backs! :clap:

AZ_Steeler
02-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I have some insight on Henry being that the University is here in my town :) He has showed some signs of greatness but his entrance in the draft is a little premature. He has shared a lot of his time at Arizona with other backs and finally had a chance to really carry the load this year. He had some awesome games but he wasn't really consistent. I think if he had one more year of college that he could be a second round pick next year or possibly even late first round. The dude has talent but he's not really ready for the NFL IMO.

Everyone around town was a little surprised to hear he was making the jump because he didn't really start impressing people until the later part of the season when Arizona went on their longest winning streak in about 5-6 years.

BlackGold4vr
02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I have some insight on Henry being that the University is here in my town :) He has showed some signs of greatness but his entrance in the draft is a little premature. He has shared a lot of his time at Arizona with other backs and finally had a chance to really carry the load this year. He had some awesome games but he wasn't really consistent. I think if he had one more year of college that he could be a second round pick next year or possibly even late first round. The dude has talent but he's not really ready for the NFL IMO.

We already have a back who didn't do much in college but is pretty darn good! Whatever back we pick will have to settle for the role as #2 behind Willie anyway. This could be the niche for this guy, carrying the ball 15-20 times behind Willie. At 5-11 and 230 pounds this guy certainly has the frame to pound the ball and the skills he has shown at the combine in agility and speed could make this guy a future star! Most of us are hoping that the Steelers pick a RB in the 3rd or 4th round anyway and a lot of the better ones could already be gone by then. This guy sounds deserving of a hard look! IMO :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
He very well good be... if you can find the tape from the Oregon Duck game, he showed some serious power in that game and was his breakout game of the year... the bad thing is the game came towards the end of the season. He is a lower his head type of guy and will knock yo on your can, but he also has the speed to beat you to the corner.

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I am going to be flat out honest here, I thought this thread was going to be about that culprit on the Bungholes. I didn't know there was a prospect named Chris Henry. :lol: I will look and see what Youtube! got about this guy. :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I can't say that I know anything about him but just judging from that he seems to be a bit injury prone but perhaps that is all behind him now. He's got the physical attritbutes and those stats are impressive. He seems to have the raw skills and probably just needs a good bit of polishing and coaching to become a good NFL rb.

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 11:34 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wizYmcBMZA

This is an OK video, a lot of shaking going on with the camera, but this is one I found on Youtube concerning Arizona's Chris Henry, He is the man in the red jersey running in for the score, U OF Arizona 2006 Spring Scrimmage.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2007, 01:00 PM
RB 27 Chris Henry JR 6-0/225/- Arizona Stockton, CA

Sounds like a sleeper pick! 27th is his ranking in scout.com for running backs! :clap:

I like this kid. If RB's like Bush and Hunt are gone in the 3rd or 4th round and if Chris Henry is there then draft him by all means.