PDA

View Full Version : Asian barbecue

BlackGold4vr
02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
This one is my wifes recipes! My wife is Philippino and one of the best damn cooks I ever met. That might sound biased because she's my wife but its true. She has given cooking classes to other asian girls in our town. She also makes the best lumpia I have ever tasted. She probably sells a couple hundred dozen of these every year.

Ingredients

3 lbs pork loin
2 boxes whole mushrooms
2 boxes cherry tomatoes
1 large green pepper
1 large red (bell) pepper
2 zuchinni
2 yellow squash
2 bags pearl onions
1 bag wooden skewers (soak in water)

Marinade
1 large can pineapple juice
1/2 bottle 7up (2 litre)
3 cups soy sauce
1 whole garlic (8 or 9 cloves)

Basting Sauce
3 cups olive oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbspns lemon juice

Slice up entire pork loin into shiskebab size chunks. In large tupperware container combine all ingredients for the marinade. Crush the garlic cloves into the marinade and add pork. You will want to put in the fridge and let marinate for 3 or 4 days before cooking.
On the day of your barbecue: Place wooden skewers in water. Cut up the peppers, zuchinni and squash into pieces (as large or as small as you like).
Take out your marinaded pork (will smell glorious). Start putting meat and vegetables onto wooden skewers in an alternating fashion. We normally put meat, 2 veggies, meat, 2 veggies, meat. Don't forget your whole mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and pearl onions as well. Build skewers until you run out of ingredients.

You can cook these on a gas grill or a charcoal grill.....I have used both.
After placing them on the grill apply the basting sauce liberally to both sides of the kebabs and cook to your liking! This is one of our family favorites!

floodcitygirl
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Sounds awesome! I'm definately going to try this one this summer! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow, that sounds wild ! My wife will love this ! Thanks !

PsychoWard
02-26-2007, 11:08 AM
sounds great!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-26-2007, 11:40 AM
sounds great, whats Lumpia??

floodcitygirl
02-26-2007, 11:53 AM
sounds great, whats Lampia??I wondered that too, but I figured everyone else knew! lol!

BlackGold4vr
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
sounds great, whats Lumpia??

They are not like chinese egg rolls at all. The wrappers are very thin (kinda like pastry wrappers). My wife makes 3 different kinds. Pork, beef and chicken. All 3 are combined with asian seasoning and finely chopped vegetables and rolled tightly into very thin egg roll wrappers and then deep fried in vegetable oil. Delicious! There is an art to making these and I will not try to explain these as it is too complicated! You'll just have to take my word for it! :bigthumb:

MRS Steelerfan
02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Yummy, sounds good.

Steelerlyn
02-26-2007, 02:49 PM
MMMMMMMMMMM sounds great!~ I will have to make this!