PDA

View Full Version : ROOKIE of the year

BlitzburghNation
02-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Who does everyone think will be the rookie of the year ?
we can look back on this next year and see how close we came :bigthumb:
I'm going with Calvin Johnson :popcorn:

Koopa
02-26-2007, 02:08 AM
i'll stick with what i said in that combine thread, it will be calvin johnson, and it won't even be a close race

BlitzburghNation
02-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Would've gone with peterson but i think the browns will ruin him !

Blitzburgh55
02-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Clavin Johnson is just so nasty he ran a 4.3 and he didnt even bring his track shoes

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Clavin Johnson is just so nasty he ran a 4.3 and he didnt even bring his track shoes

I would not count much on that 4.3 time. When indy has a fast track to start with. Peterson will be ROY.

BlackGold4vr
02-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I would not count much on that 4.3 time. When indy has a fast track to start with. Peterson will be ROY.

:iagree:

Peterson........unless of course our very own Spencer has a monster year! :lol:

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 10:50 AM
If we draft Spencer, that is my pick.

Otherwise, it will be Calvin Johnson by a mile.

AZ_Steeler
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm going out on a limb and saying Russel :dunno:

TEEMONT
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm going out on a limb and saying Russel :dunno:

Yeah I agree....he won't have to do much to impress in Oakland.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
If we draft Spencer, that is my pick.

Otherwise, it will be Calvin Johnson by a mile.

Do you see Johnson as a top five pick HOS? If so who the hell is throwing him the ball? Lions - Kitna? Clowns? French frye? Simms in Tampa? Card have leinart. Plus already two quality recievers.

Koopa
02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
johnson is the type of player that will make any qb look good..... kitna did good with a nobody and roy williams, imagine how good he'd do with two great wr's

simms sucks but johnson would make any qb on that team look good, and will open up a lot for the running back.....

K Train
02-26-2007, 05:16 PM
calvin johnson is a little overhyped, hes a freak but so was reggie bush, reggie had a good year but everyone thought he was gonna be the jesus of runningbacks. Browns will break peterson.

But dont expect amazing things from johnson this year, sure hes a great WR but hes goin to a ****** team, he didnt make GT amazing when he was there, you really cant count on a WR to make a team great, especially if Frye gets sacked on every play, or Simms has half his passes batted down.

OROY-I wont guess until after i see who drafts who
DROY-Obviously whoever we draft.....Hopefully spencer :crossfingers:

TampaSteelGirl
02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
calvin johnson is a little overhyped, hes a freak but so was reggie bush, reggie had a good year but everyone thought he was gonna be the jesus of runningbacks. Browns will break peterson.

But dont expect amazing things from johnson this year, sure hes a great WR but hes goin to a ****** team, he didnt make GT amazing when he was there, you really cant count on a WR to make a team great, especially if Frye gets sacked on every play, or Simms has half his passes batted down.

OROY-I wont guess until after i see who drafts who
DROY-Obviously whoever we draft.....Hopefully spencer :crossfingers:

I think Reggie Bush did everything they thought he was going to do for New Orleans! The Saints wouldn't have gotten so far without Reggie and Drew of course but he was the Jesus for the Saints!!!!!

K Train
02-26-2007, 05:33 PM
but he was so hyped up and was supposed to be barry sanders the second he stepped foot in the league, he was great for the saints and caught the ball great but he struggled in rushing the ball when he had the chance

Black@Gold Forever32
02-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok Calvin Johnson, A. Peterson and the rest of this years draftees are not officially in the NFL yet and were talking ROY? A bit pre-mature don't you think? Lets at least wait until they're drafted and see what teams they end up on.lol

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 06:18 PM
First of all, Phil, Calvin Johnson would be a hell of a fit in Tampa, I don't believe Chris Simms is going to be the QB down there, I think Bruce Gradkowski, my good friend from my days in Toledo will take over the reign as Starter in Tampa. The Receiving Corps is aging and they could use some fresh blood, so I look for Calvin Johnson going to Tampa.