PDA

View Full Version : World Famous Potato Salad

BlackGold4vr
02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
This is actually my Mom's secret recipe but it is a great recipe for picnics and barbecues. Good with hamburgers and hot dogs or even some barbecue baby backs.

Ingredients

1 dozen eggs
6 or 7 medium sized potatoes
5 or 6 celery stalks
1/2 carrot
1/4 onion (optional)
1 whole package Philadelphia cream cheese
1 medium jar Miracle Whip

Dice the celery stalks in a bowl. Grate the carrot into same bowl (just to add some color). Hard boil the dozen eggs. Boil the potatoes in another pot (unpeeled). Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Dice the egg whites into the bowl with the celery and carrots. Smash the egg yolks and blend in cream cheese until it becomes a creamy yellow paste. Add the Miracle Whip to the egg yolk and cream cheese and mix thoroughly (season with salt and pepper to taste). Peel skin off of boiled potatoes and cube into bowl with celery & carrots. I like a small amount of finely chopped raw onion but this ingredient is optional if you don't like raw onion. Mix potatoes in with other ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Fold in egg, cream cheese and Miracle whip mixture until all ingredients are blended thoroughly. You can eat this warm but is much better after it is refridgerated! Everybody who ever tries this always ask for the recipe!

floodcitygirl
02-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Wow...cream cheese and carrots? I've never heard of that. Sounds really interesting!

BlitzburghNation
02-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Sounds good,except i'd have to leave out the celery !

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Cream cheese?? sounds good!!

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 11:27 AM
have to give this one a shot.......hmmmmmmmm.