PDA

View Full Version : Famous Steelers we've all met (or almost famous)

Steelerlyn
02-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I thought I would start a new thread, what Steeler player (s) have you met?

BlitzburghNation
02-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Met Dermonti dawson,,,,:tt02: Also met donte jones & yancey thigpen !

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Gregg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Kent Graham, Merrill Hoge, and Yancey Thigpen at a charity event at our high school in East Liverpool. It was a blast to see them.

K Train
02-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Troy Polomalu, Casey Hampton, Tyrone Carter, Tommy Maddox, The bus (when i was little).....i'll let you know when i think of more, if the women would just upload her pics from when we went to the game i could show you lol

floodcitygirl
02-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Jack Lambert. :bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
02-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Met Jack Lambert in spring training at Latrobe in 75. Met Lynn Swann and Franco Harris a couple years ago at the Pittsburgh airport! Met Sugar Ray Leonard on my flight to South Carolina on my way to Marine Corps bootcamp in 84! Also met Arnold Swarzenegger in the mid 90's when he came to my base to check out the harrier before starting to film True Lies! I was in VMA-214 Blacksheep squadron at the time (yes, its the same squadron they made the TV show about with Pappy Boyington). Arnold was still a big S.O.B! He sat in one of our airplanes. Thats the extent of the celebrities I have met!

:beer3:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-26-2007, 12:10 AM
I have met Kevin Henry and Randle El.

Whats sad the one former Steelers I should have met is my grandfather who played for the Steelers in the early 50's but he died before I was born.

BR7
02-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Jack Ham, Terry Bradshaw. Have Ham's autograph on a Terrible Towel. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Greg Lloyd
Kordell Stewart
Deshea Townsend
Franco Harris
Lynn Swann - not really met but saw him up close at an event
Jon Witman
Darren Perry
Jason Gildon
Dwight White
Keydrick Vincent
Mike Wagner
Mark Bruener

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-26-2007, 01:22 AM
talked to : Chukky Okobi, was at his house
Tunch Ilkin
Jack Lambert
Louis Lipps
Kordell Stewart
Max Starks
autographs: all of the above
Hines Ward, on a:towelwave:
Nate Washington
Jon Kolb
Ike Taylor
Carter
and a few others

TEEMONT
02-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Sold Peezy a basketball hoop when I worked at the Dicks in Robinson.

Met the Bus there too.

Met Max Starks while I was deployed in Manas, Kyrgyzstan last year. it was cool b/c Bryce Fisher was there too, and one of the pilots I am stationed with went to school with himm at the Air force academy. They chilled with us and ate lunch with us. This was after the SB so Starks (who blocked fisher almost all game) talked **** to him mlike all day.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the reminder, bleeder. I met Louis Lipps a couple times, dude was nice as all get out and very gracious to the fans. I can't believe I forgot but I met Jack Ham once too, at a card show.

BlitzburghNation
02-26-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm JEALOUS,i've only met 3 players :banging: Gonna try to get to latrobe this year and maybe i'll get to meet some players :tt02:

SteelerFan87
02-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Deshea Townsend (really funny)
Hines Ward
Joey Porter
A bunch of other guys I don't remember, but I have all their autographs on a hat somewhere.
^(all at a charity basketball game)

Troy Polamalu (at church)

Aunkster
02-26-2007, 03:39 AM
ive met and spoken to Pete Rose several times..Ive also drank a beer with Tom Browning.
When I was little (about 10) My father and I were at restraunt and we spoke with Bob Prince.
When I was 11 Ill never forget asking jack Lambert why he smoked,It shattered me when i saw him smoking a cigarette.

BBG7
02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Chuck Knoll, Dermonti Dawson, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Green, the Bus, and Randle El.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Wow my memory sucks :lol: Randle El was a the fan blitz 2 years ago when we were there. One of the most gracious people Ive ever seen and so down to earth. We met him at the autograph session and then just before he went on to do a taping of the McDonalds sponsored Steelers kids show.

BBG7
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Wow my memory sucks :lol: Randle El was a the fan blitz 2 years ago when we were there. One of the most gracious people Ive ever seen and so down to earth. We met him at the autograph session and then just before he went on to do a taping of the McDonalds sponsored Steelers kids show.

I actually met Randle El at the Bengals game in Cincy. I was hanging out where the buses leave and I met his mom, dad and little brother. I started talking to his mom and got her to take me down to meet him. When she intorduced us she told him that I was the biggest Steeler fan and the funniest girl she had ever met and he picked me up and gave me a huge hug and signed a hat. He was very cool and seemed very gracious to meet a fan. I also met the Bus that day.

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm JEALOUS,i've only met 3 players :banging: Gonna try to get to latrobe this year and maybe i'll get to meet some players :tt02:

You Go to Latrobe, I am tagging along with your hide :greengrin:

AZ_Steeler
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Mean Joe Greene.. tried to get his autograph on a TT at a Cardinals training camp but he wouldn't sign it :dunno: I still got to meet him though :bigthumb:

floodcitygirl
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Greg Lloyd
Kordell Stewart
Deshea Townsend
Franco Harris
Lynn Swann - not really met but saw him up close at an event
Jon Witman
Darren Perry
Jason Gildon
Dwight White
Keydrick Vincent
Mike Wagner
Mark Bruener

talked to : Chukky Okobi, was at his house
Tunch Ilkin
Jack Lambert
Louis Lipps
Kordell Stewart
Max Starks
autographs: all of the above
Hines Ward, on a:towelwave:
Nate Washington
Jon Kolb
Ike Taylor
Carter
and a few othersGeesh! Can either of you adopt me??? :hail:

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Geesh! Can either of you adopt me??? :hail:

If you go to Women's Training Camp, Hon, that list could be just as long :greengrin: You might want to try it. It isn't that bad in price.

TampaSteelGirl
02-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Met Dermonti dawson,,,,:tt02: Also met donte jones & yancey thigpen !

I never met yancey but I loved him!! He was my fav until Hines came along!! :tt02:

tony hipchest
02-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Met Max Starks while I was deployed in Manas, Kyrgyzstan last year. it was cool b/c Bryce Fisher was there too, and one of the pilots I am stationed with went to school with himm at the Air force academy. They chilled with us and ate lunch with us. This was after the SB so Starks (who blocked fisher almost all game) talked **** to him mlike all day.i remember when they went on that USO tour. there was a 3rd player who went along who i cant remember (im thinking it was a seahawk). cool deal.

K Train
02-27-2007, 01:25 AM
i think it was kerney from atlanta....could be wrong

TampaSteelGirl
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I haven't met any Steelers yet but I did meet Warrick Dunn on a plane to Atlanta, he was so nice and signed an autograph for my boyfriend and took his time spelling his name correctly, an I touched his bicep!! :banana: Oh I met Mike Alstott in an elevator at the hospital I worked at in Clearwater FL. he was nice too. :greengrin:

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Warrick Dunn is a very nice guy. He sure has a wonderful foundation that helps single mother with children become homeowners. He is a very good man. I enjoy his bio and his career.

Steelerlyn
02-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I met Franco at a game a couple years ago. We were strolling through the kids area. Nice person, very nice.

PsychoWard
02-27-2007, 12:21 PM
cleve's sister in law use to be a atlanta falcons cheerleader so he has met quite a few i am surprised he hasn't responded to this yet as for me i have met a few but my wife has met more do to the womans training camp! but i met and hung out with jason giambi

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Giambi is a monster to look at. Wow.

PsychoWard
02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
yeah he was huge very down to earth guy to he let me wear his platinum rolex!

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
WOW!!! He is still with them Damn Yankees isn't he?

PsychoWard
02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
as far as i know when i met him he was with the A's i was suppoesed to me his brother jermey and jermain dye the next day they were all supposed to come over to my house after the game in cleveland but jason popped up to lose the game so he was in a pissy mood and they never came out.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Bill Cowher has my cell number on speed dial. We talk often about what his future plans are... :whistle:

PsychoWard
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
you calling :willybs: on me ?

but for real the way i met him i have a friend she use to strip down town cleveland to make a long story short she called me up one night told me to come over she had some one she wanted me to meet and giambi was sitting on her couch!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
you calling :willybs: on me ?

but for real the way i met him i have a friend she use to strip down town cleveland to make a long story short she called me up one night told me to come over she had some one she wanted me to meet and giambi was sitting on her couch!!!

Oh I believe you man. My ex-girlfriend strips at a club in Chicago and one night she was dancing the rapper Ludacris came in the club with his posse. She got pictures of him and she made a ton of money that night.:bluelol:

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Your lucky, K-train isn't on right now to hear this garbage flying around about strippers :lol: :rofl:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Your lucky, K-train isn't on right now to hear this garbage flying around about strippers :lol: :rofl:

lol Don't ever date one trust me.:bluelol:

PsychoWard
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Oh I believe you man. My ex-girlfriend strips at a club in Chicago and one night she was dancing the rapper Ludacris came in the club with his posse. She got pictures of him and she made a ton of money that night.:bluelol:

yeah those guys shell out the cash!!!!

House of Steel
02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I've dated one, big mistake, I know what you mean.

I've had a 2 year relationship with an ex-stripper, she was the sweetest gal I've ever hanged out with. She really went out of her way to make me happy and such. She had to move to Nevada for a huge gig in Las Vegas, so we broke ties, I haven't heard from her since Last Summer in an e mail. OH well.

PsychoWard
02-27-2007, 02:58 PM
yeah i never dated her but could have just chose not to!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I've dated one, big mistake, I know what you mean.

I've had a 2 year relationship with an ex-stripper, she was the sweetest gal I've ever hanged out with. She really went out of her way to make me happy and such. She had to move to Nevada for a huge gig in Las Vegas, so we broke ties, I haven't heard from her since Last Summer in an e mail. OH well.

It was nothing but a two year headache for me.:bluelol:

OneSteelSoldier
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I thought I would start a new thread, what Steeler player (s) have you met?Bob Schmitz, who died a few years ago. Mark Malone and a very good friend of mine, Tight end Tim Jorden, who played for us in the early 90's.

TampaSteelGirl
02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Warrick Dunn is a very nice guy. He sure has a wonderful foundation that helps single mother with children become homeowners. He is a very good man. I enjoy his bio and his career.

He sure is..He'd be a good Steeler too!!! :tt02: