PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Steelers vs Cards in season opener...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2007, 04:15 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2007-02-25-combine-hot-reads_x.htm?csp=34

Cardinals-Steelers date could be a highlight of opening weekend

INDIANAPOLIS Word around the combine is the Arizona Cardinals might open the 2007 season Sunday night, Sept. 9, against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the University of Phoenix Stadium.

It makes sense. Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt was an assistant with the Steelers, as was offensive line coach Russ Grimm. Both were thought to be possible successors to Bill Cowher, who stepped down. Instead, the Steelers hired Mike Tomlin.

Steelers fans are among the most supportive in the NFL, and Whisenhunt knows he has a ways to go to create that kind of passion in Arizona.

"There is a reason the Steelers have a loyal fan base, and it's because they won a lot of football games," Whisenhunt said Saturday. "Hopefully, we will put a product out there, a competitive, tough, smart team, that will win some games because we have some people that want to become fans."

The NFL usually doesn't announce its schedule until April.

Now wouldn't that just be a wild way to start the 2007 season, there's story lines galore in this one should it happen.

AZ_Steeler
02-25-2007, 04:41 PM
That would be awesome!!!! Regardless though of when it is I will more than likely be there :D

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2007, 05:26 PM
We expect tons of pics man ! :cope:

How sweet would it be to stroll into that nice new Cards stadium, with all the pomp & circumstance surrounding Whiz as their new coach, and just Kick their *** !!!

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
WE WILL OWN WHIZ!!!

Forged in Steel
02-25-2007, 06:06 PM
That's odd because I would think the Colts would open the season. I think it's because Super Bowl XLII is in Arizona this year so the season start there just like it ends there.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2007, 06:12 PM
WE WILL OWN WHIZ!!!

Damn straight, if the Cards think their luck is changing by landing Whiz as their new HC, it will have to wait till we're thru with them ! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
That's odd because I would think the Colts would open the season. I think it's because Super Bowl XLII is in Arizona this year so the season start there just like it ends there.

I'm sure the Colts will open the season on Thursday night like the past Super Bowl champs have done the last few years.

TampaSteelGirl
02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Yea I don't think it will be us, the Colts for sure. As for Whiz thinking he can make the Cardinals have the same loyal fan base and more as the Steelers...He smokes crack!! :hilarious:

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I couldn't believe that comment either, Tampa. There are Browns fans at other sites saying they have a fan base of 50,000 strong in the Browns Backers. Those fans don't understand how large the Steeler Nation is, we are one of the biggest fan bases in the world.

BB2W
02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
BRING IT!!! :helmet:

TampaSteelGirl
02-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I couldn't believe that comment either, Tampa. There are Browns fans at other sites saying they have a fan base of 50,000 strong in the Browns Backers. Those fans don't understand how large the Steeler Nation is, we are one of the biggest fan bases in the world.

I know! Well the Browns saying they have 50,000 strong, look at the Super Bowl parade at 250,000!!! And that's just in Pittsburgh! We have fans all over the world!! WHen my boyfriends mom went back home to Costa Rica to visit, there were people with Steeler jerseys and Steeler shirts everywhere and they weren't American!! LOL!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BBG7
02-25-2007, 08:51 PM

The Colts will play on Thursday like the SB Champs always do. They are saying that Pittsburgh and Arizona will play Sunday night. Don't know if it would actually happen, but all they are claiming is that the Steelers will play the Cards the first game of the season.

BlitzburghNation
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
That would be a great season opener :clap:

OneSteelSoldier
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM
let me know if you guys are gonna be here, in Arizona for the game? I would love to meet some of you. We would have a great time!!

AZ_Steeler
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
let me know if you guys are gonna be here, in Arizona for the game? I would love to meet some of you. We would have a great time!!

My wife, son and I will more than likely be there :bigthumb: Gotta call my hook up to see if he is getting tickets again this year :D

Blitzburgh55
02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
The NFL opener is in ENgland between the Gmen and some other crap team

AZ_Steeler
02-27-2007, 04:46 PM
The NFL opener is in ENgland between the Gmen and some other crap team

The opener is not is England, that game won't be played until sometime in October. The Steelers Cardinals game is being talked about for opening weekend on Sunday Night.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-27-2007, 06:09 PM
My wife, son and I will more than likely be there :bigthumb: Gotta call my hook up to see if he is getting tickets again this year :D

See if he can get 2 more tickets and the wife and I might just fly out there to see it with ya :greengrin: