PDA

View Full Version : RB Damien Nash dies after charity game.....

DIESELMAN
02-25-2007, 12:19 AM
The Denver Broncos have confirmed that backup running back Damien Nash has died after a charity game in St. Louis.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and head coach Mike Shanahan made the following comments:

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen:
"The Denver Broncos organization is once again struck with profound sadness over the tragic loss of one of our players. This is a tremendous tragedy and our hearts go out to the entire Nash family."

Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan:

"The Broncos family has suffered a great loss with the passing of Damien Nash. I am stunned and deeply saddened by this tragedy, and send my deepest condolences to Damien's family."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service
This is some crazy stuff here. First Darrent Williams gets shot now Nash collapses and dies.....My prayers go out to Nash's family.

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Wow, the Denver Broncos Organization is going to have some very heavy heart this upcoming season. WOW.

BB2W
02-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Shocking... and sad. :pray:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-25-2007, 01:49 AM
I couldn't believe it when I heard this on the radio earlier.. my sympathies go out to his family

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Wow that's just terrible, and a complete shock. The Broncos have really had a rough time of it so far this offseason.

TEEMONT
02-25-2007, 04:13 AM
Damn....thats rough....

Steelerlyn
02-25-2007, 04:23 AM
that is so sad!

Bucsfan4ever
02-25-2007, 08:56 AM
So sad...my thoughts and prayers to his family.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Damn just shocking and sad. To play in a charity game and then die.

Stairwayto7
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Terrible, just so tragic! RIP

BB2W
02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Nash collapsed shortly after participating in the game benefiting a foundation named for older brother Darris Nash. The foundation raises money for heart transplant research. It was established last month, after Darris Nash, 25, received a heart transplant.

Former Missouri receiver Sean Coffey was at the event with Nash at Riverview Gardens High School and told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch there was no indication anything was wrong.

"Everything was normal. ... We were playing around at the game. ... He was fine," Coffey told the newspaper. "I give my best to his family. This is crazy. I can't believe this is happening. It was the first time I had seen him in a couple of years. I can't believe he's gone. I'm so happy I got to see him one last time."

Nash was from East St. Louis, Ill., and played two years at Missouri after playing at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas.

Lee Baker, who was teammates with Nash at Coffeyville, was supposed to have dinner with Nash after the basketball game. One of Baker's friends received a call that Nash had collapsed a short time after leaving the event.

"We still don't know what happened. He looked in great shape. He had four 3-pointers. He had a big smile on his face. There was no indication," Baker told The Associated Press. "He was a great guy. It's hard to believe. I want to think I'm dreaming. I was looking at him today, and thinking how proud I was of him. I was so happy for him."

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_494946.html
He was at a game for a foundation of his brothers because he had a heart transplant.

You would think he was checked out and would be aware if he had a heart condition himself.

floodcitygirl
02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow...very sad. That poor family! One child just with a heart transplant and now this??? Heredity can be a bite! And once again...you just never know...my best to the family.

TampaSteelGirl
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I feel so bad for his family. My condolences to them. Lots of tragedy with the Broncos players.

Blitzburgh55
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
This is not a good time to be one the Broncos

Prosdo
02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends