PDA

View Full Version : Ward back at practice..then leaves again!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2006, 01:09 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06234/715276-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Injured Ward returns, leaves practice early
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward took two steps forward and perhaps one backward yesterday when he practiced for the first time in more than two weeks and quit early because he felt a twinge in his left hamstring.

"It went all right," said Ward. "I still felt something in it. ... I'm still day to day."

Ward, the Steelers' career leader in receptions, missed the first two preseason games after his hamstring was injured Aug. 4 in practice. He has hired some medical people from York, Pa., who spent the weekend working on his hamstring.

"Overall it felt good to be back out here," Ward said. "I got some reps in. Toward the end I started getting fatigued and I just wanted to be cautious about it."

Ward had pointed to yesterday's practice as a target for his return as the Steelers prepare for their third preseason game, Friday in Philadelphia.

"This is an important game for me because it's really our last dress rehearsal," Ward said. "The last preseason game, we probably won't get much playing time so to really get a feel for the game, going against a great team like Philadelphia, this is an important week for me."

Ward, the Super Bowl MVP, has missed just one game in his eight-year career, that coming last season because of a hamstring injury.

"

Just take it easy Hines..the last thing we need is a hamstring that nags you all season long..if that means sitting out the rest of the preseason then so be it.

Prosdo
08-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Not happy to hear this. Hines just needs to rest. No need to rush back.

PITT23
08-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Its definitly the hunger in him that he feels he needs to get back on the field. He needs to take it easy though for sure.

Steelersfan
08-22-2006, 02:03 AM
Doesn't sound too bad. He is making progress anyways. He just needs to take it slow and make sure he is %100 to start the year.

Aunkster
08-22-2006, 02:50 AM
At least he is trying

AZ_Steeler
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm glad to see him at least give it a shot, because I was starting to get concerned he may have been faking it... I talked a little about this yesterday, but like I said I don't want to question his character. For me, to see him at least give it go is better then sitting on the sidelines riding a bike for hours. ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Hines is a warrior people. He will be fine. He played with a ham string injury last year and did fine. I agree he just rest and doesn't need to rush back. When it counts Hines will be there like always.

SteelCityMan786
08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
All Hines needs is rest and he'll be fine.

Stairwayto7
08-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Slow down Hines, these injuries are the worst, and very nagging. Lets hope we can play without him until fully recovered. Maybe this will be our chance to really see Washington, Holmes, and even more morgan. Plus Heath should get more looks

SteelCityMan786
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Personally I'd rather have Hines healthy for the regular season then a pre-season game. Take your time Hines, go at a pace that will get you back with no trouble.

Steelerlyn
08-22-2006, 09:25 PM
He will be there when it matters most!~

SteelCityMan786
08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
He will be there when it matters most!~

can I get an AMEN!

PITT23
08-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Ugghhh, he tried to practice AGAIN today and didnt make it through the entire practice AGAIN. He was interviewed by the media and you could tell that this injury was pising him off and he really wanted to be back out there.