PDA

View Full Version : 2K is BACK!!!!!!!

kgreen
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Madden look out because 2K sports is back with All=Pro Football 2K8http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156851 I hope this game can take on Madden's empire.:banana:

Koopa
02-23-2007, 07:56 PM
2k series ****ing sucks, the only good thing about them is they are cheap, but the game sucks ***, the players run like they have a stick up their ***, the graphics are almost cartoonish..

madden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2k por favor believe it

just read the article, how ghetto, it's gonna be dumb, not gonna have any real time players since madden owns all the rights.....it's just gonna be retard stuff lol

AZ_Steeler
02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
This is awesome!!! I thought I was gonig to have to finally break down and buy that crappy Madden game but now I can wait!!! :banana:

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I like the Madden Series a lot. It is just comes down to graphics and realization. Madden keeps getting better and better, before you know it, in about 5 years it will look almost so real. I wish they would get the fans more involved like seeing Heinz Field full of Twirling Towels, who wouldn't want to play a game like that?

Koopa
02-23-2007, 08:05 PM
This is awesome!!! I thought I was gonig to have to finally break down and buy that crappy Madden game but now I can wait!!! :banana:

to bad when you buy it, you players won't have names, or real info, that all belongs to EA, this is just gonna be a ghetto version lol

AZ_Steeler
02-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Someone will end up creating a list of the palyers which can be imported... Besdies, this is opening up the doors for the exclusinve deal to be thrown out the window or at least not renewed when the contract is up.

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 08:22 PM
They aren't NFL Licensed, you do realize that.

Captcoolhand
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
2K football was the ****:yesnod: I rather play that over Madden:2cents:

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 09:11 PM
What is wrong with you people? :smh2:

Forged in Steel
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Yes this is great! I hope it works but it probaly will not because the NFL has the licence for Madden NFL. 2K does suck in every other sport. ESPN NFL 2K5 was the greatest though! Sweet graphics. Stadiums were off though, Madden does a better job with them.

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I'll take 2K any day of the week.

AZ_Steeler
02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
They aren't NFL Licensed, you do realize that.

Yes I do realize that but it doesn't matter... there are ways around everything! :bigthumb:

Captcoolhand
02-24-2007, 09:45 AM
The biggest problem that I had with 2K games (and probably was the reason they're so cheap) is that when you were playing, the slightest bump,vibration,Etc to the console.... Bam, you disk was done:banging: :cursin: The Laser would burn the disk so fast and easy that you couldn't play again without Freeze up. I must have replaced 2K3,4,5 about 3X's apeice:yesnod: God this would burn me up

House of Steel
02-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I remember that. That is why I don't buy it. Cheap intimation game. If they can't deliver quality, than I am not buying it. I rather go Madden anyday. I am addicted to it.

Blitzburgh55
02-24-2007, 10:41 AM
2k is ok but nowhere near madden
In 2k the players can jump 10 yards to make a tackle

AZ_Steeler
02-24-2007, 03:14 PM
You all are sniffing glue!!!! 2K Football was way ahead of Madden which is what lead EA to try and get the exclusive rights deal because they couldn't stack up to the competition. Go back and look at the ratings for the 2 games... 2K was always ranked better than Madden!

That's fine though because everyone has the own personal preferences, so go ahead and keep playing with your short, stumpy, unrealistic zombie looking characters ;) Afterall it is a video game so it's not suppose to be that real :dunno:

:lol:

Koopa
02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
i just don't get it though, i understand why ppl like it, it only cost 20 bucks, so of course ppl are gonna like it better

but the graphics ain't better

the players look like they are running with a stick up their ***

and it's gay with the momentum bs, it takes an hour to turn the corner cause your momentum shifts you the other way

i don't understand how it's better

AZ_Steeler
02-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I was buying the game long before it was 20 bucks... that was a ply to hope more people would buy and it and try and stop the exclusive rights deal.

When it comes down to it, it's really a matter of preference and to be perfectly honest... in both games it looks like the players have the stick up their butt!

Captcoolhand
02-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh shut up Koopa, you just hate it because you SUCKED at it:lol: Madden couldn't come up with so as a crib

Captcoolhand
02-24-2007, 03:30 PM
2K rules and madden's nothing more than an alternative.:yesnod: madden had to buy rights just to put a stop on being taken over:lol:

kgreen
02-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes I do realize that but it doesn't matter... there are ways around everything! :bigthumb:

Also they have had 2 years to work out any problems they might have. They could have been developing the game system during that time, player names, ect. I have to believe that 2K can make a run at Madden. Madden has turned into the Hitler of NFL games. Hopefully he can lose his presious liscense.:yesnod:

TEEMONT
02-24-2007, 04:12 PM
2K rules and madden's nothing more than an alternative.:yesnod: madden had to buy rights just to put a stop on being taken over:lol:

The funny thing about EA buying exclusiv rights is Madden was never their best game. MLB was, and now (I can't remember who bought the rights to the MLB games, it might be the 2K guys) they are stuck only making NCAA baseball games. It's kind of sad really. 2K made the best football games, and EA made the best basebal games, and this exclusive licensing **** uins them both.

House of Steel
02-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know how you guys can like the 2K games. I am telling you, Madden has more of a realistic approach than 2K, better graphics, better colors, better overall proformance, and more options. You guys are smoking some bad dope.

TEEMONT
02-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't know how you guys can like the 2K games. I am telling you, Madden has more of a realistic approach than 2K, better graphics, better colors, better overall proformance, and more options. You guys are smoking some bad dope.

Dude, I have Madden 07 for 360 and 2K5 (which I still play on the reg X Box) I like playing 2K5, in non-HD more than playing Madden.

Captcoolhand
02-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Maybe that is your problem:yesnod: maybe you need to smoke something because madden wasn't better than 2K. which now reminds me about something you said 4 months ago about how good 2k was. Maybe it's because you just got a PS2 for the first time that you got a chance to play any games:dunno: :yesnod: :lol: :lol:

House of Steel
02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Captcoolhand
02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
I didn't think you would have anything to say, Chump

House of Steel
02-24-2007, 05:29 PM
BUSTED!!! :greengrin:

Koopa
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Dude, I have Madden 07 for 360 and 2K5 (which I still play on the reg X Box) I like playing 2K5, in non-HD more than playing Madden.

ok......well you got me there, madden on 360 sucks complete ***, so did the college game, the kickers were as fat as olinemen on the ncaa game

for me madden on ps2 is way better than 2k

the only thing i liked for 2k is their basketball games, EA tries to be to fancy with it, while 2k makes it more realistic

but i did not like their football games, the mometum shifthing **** would **** me off, i could never turn the corner fast enough cause it would carry me to much and they'd tackle me, so i had to throw all the time, and that got boring cause it was to easy to throw............. when i play football games i like to run and madden i can run pretty good

kgreen
02-24-2007, 07:01 PM

:lol: Funny guy here fokes. He's talking trash about a video game. First off, that was a little selfish of Madden to buy out the rights. He is such a little baby. If you go back and look at the sales of 2K5 vs. Madden 2005, 2K5 was kicking Madden's ***. The reasons being:
-The game was fun to play. Gameplay on offense and defense was easy, fun and exciting.
-Pricing. It was a daring move to price the game at $19.99, but you got a lot for the price.
-Features. Wow and this is where I think Madden lost because ESPN just had A TON of freatures. They had ESPN 25th aniversery. In that you played classic situations such as Super Bowl XXXIV "One Yard Short". That feature was great. The crib. This is one of the most impressive features on ESPN. You could customize however you wanted. You can played against other VIPs (Like Steve-O). You played more of the game to unlock crib items which was better than collecting cheat cards. Of course it had Franchise and tournament modes. Franchise mode was fun and easy. I mean it didn't take forever to do all the offseason crap.
-ESPN presentation. The presentation on this game was much better than Madden. The ESPN presentation was cool with Chris Berman's halftime and post-game show.
-People tired of Madden. Some people were just tired of Madden. It was hyped every year to be the best sports game. Some gamers wanted another option.
So as for graphics between the two......it's a bit pushy but performence and features is where Madden lost. ESPN was smooth and sometimes Madden lagged so it made it a bit tedious as well as frustrating playing. No, I am not smoking dope when I say this: ESPN was better than Madden.

I am glad that 2K is back but disapponted that the game is not coming out for PS2. :cursin: :cursin:

I guess I'll just have to buy a PS3.:greengrin:

House of Steel
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
:lol: Funny guy here fokes. He's talking trash about a video game. First off, that was a little selfish of Madden to buy out the rights. He is such a little baby. If you go back and look at the sales of 2K5 vs. Madden 2005, 2K5 was kicking Madden's ***. The reasons being:
-The game was fun to play. Gameplay on offense and defense was easy, fun and exciting.
-Pricing. It was a daring move to price the game at $19.99, but you got a lot for the price.
-Features. Wow and this is where I think Madden lost because ESPN just had A TON of freatures. They had ESPN 25th aniversery. In that you played classic situations such as Super Bowl XXXIV "One Yard Short". That feature was great. The crib. This is one of the most impressive features on ESPN. You could customize however you wanted. You can played against other VIPs (Like Steve-O). You played more of the game to unlock crib items which was better than collecting cheat cards. Of course it had Franchise and tournament modes. Franchise mode was fun and easy. I mean it didn't take forever to do all the offseason crap.
-ESPN presentation. The presentation on this game was much better than Madden. The ESPN presentation was cool with Chris Berman's halftime and post-game show.
-People tired of Madden. Some people were just tired of Madden. It was hyped every year to be the best sports game. Some gamers wanted another option.
So as for graphics between the two......it's a bit pushy but performence and features is where Madden lost. ESPN was smooth and sometimes Madden lagged so it made it a bit tedious as well as frustrating playing. No, I am not smoking dope when I say this: ESPN was better than Madden.

I am glad that 2K is back but disapponted that the game is not coming out for PS2. :cursin: :cursin:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Listen here, rookie. Everyone here is entitled to an opinion, I like Madden better. What the hell does 2K5 do to impress me? NOT A DAMN THING! The graphics suck to me. How the hell would Madden lag??? Prove it. It doesn't lag or nothing. Madden to me flat out kicks the living daylights out of 2K5. Now, I can understand the Baseball games out of that series being pretty darn good. Other than that, I am a Madden guy.

YES EVERYONE KNOWS I AM A FUNNY GUY AND WHAT I AM ABOUT. You don't need to remind anyone. Of course, your just a little rookie compare to a Major Heavyweight in this forum. :greengrin:

Koopa
02-25-2007, 02:57 AM
First off, that was a little selfish of Madden to buy out the rights.

why is it selfish?? they felt a they had a threat on their hands so they eliminated, smart business move there

He is such a little baby. If you go back and look at the sales of 2K5 vs. Madden 2005, 2K5 was kicking Madden's ***.

not fair to compare that because ppl went the cheap route, hell even i bought 2k5 it was so cheap

The reasons being:

it was to easy, made it pointless to play, and the game play isn't as smooth as madden, like i've said in previous post, the momentum shifting crap was over done in this game and it made it retarded trying to run the ball

well when you're second best, nothing is to daring to lower the price, they were losing money anyway so why not?? it was their smart business move

that crib thing was the most worthless feature i've ever seen on a game, not worth it for that....and the stuff they had to buy to customize the house was pretty dumb

madden has those situational games

madden has superstar mode where you create a player get drafted and try to lead him to a successful career, and the better you get the more money you get and the better houses you get.........

for me the offseason is fun, sometimes i'm just sim through the season so i can do the offseason stuff, i like firing coaches and cutting players and stuff like that that's fun

that was pretty cool, but pointless, i just wanna play, i don't want to hear this full talk........ i think espn is on madden now though, so 2k isn't gonna have this stuff when it comes back...... 2k is a brand of it's own now, it's not supported by espn anymore....

the graphics are to cartoonish on 2k, and the players are all stiff and ****......

it may be back in name, but it will never be the same, no longer does it have espn to get those halftime stuff, no longer will it have actual rosters for you to use...... it's gonna be a generic football game, and from that article it's just gonna be old time ppl on it lol

now remember, this is all my opinion, i'm just giving a rebuttal to your reasons, and remember my opinion is based on ps2.......if you try to give your opinion on madden sucks with 360, i totally agree, it is horrible on the new generation systems.......

TEEMONT
02-25-2007, 03:06 AM
now remember, this is all my opinion, i'm just giving a rebuttal to your reasons, and remember my opinion is based on ps2.......if you try to give your opinion on madden sucks with 360, i totally agree, it is horrible on the new generation systems......

The next gen systems are all that matter now though.I don't care which game was better on X Box...(even though 2K was better on X Box). The jury is out still on whether 2K will be good on 360 (if they are putting it out for 360), but if people buy it, there will be was to get current rosters, and I am sure the uniform mods will be pretty good.

Koopa
02-25-2007, 03:09 AM
The next gen systems are all that matter now though.I don't care which game was better on X Box...(even though 2K was better on X Box). The jury is out still on whether 2K will be good on 360 (if they are putting it out for 360), but if people buy it, there will be was to get current rosters, and I am sure the uniform mods will be pretty good.

i'm sure there will be ways.......... i don't like the new generation systems yet, the games suck from what i've played, they seem to be trying so damn hard to make it look fresher but it's making it look dumb and unrealistic......

i just play my psp now though, madden for it is pretty badass considering it's a handheld game.......... 2k needs to make a basketball game for psp cause nbalive sucks........

Captcoolhand
02-25-2007, 07:52 AM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Listen here, rookie.(Don't listen to him I agree with ya) Everyone here is entitled to an opinion, I like Madden better. (becuase it's the only game you got) What the hell does 2K5 do to impress me?(being that you don't EVEN have a copy,How would you even know:dunno: would you like to borrow mine) NOT A DAMN THING! The graphics suck to me. How the hell would Madden lag??? Prove it. (You're already slow so how would you notice) It doesn't lag or nothing. Madden to me flat out kicks the living daylights out of 2K5. ( again, I can loan you a copy) Now, I can understand the Baseball games out of that series being pretty darn good. Other than that, I am a Madden guy. (take off those glasses and you might be able to pass for Madden):hilarious:

YES EVERYONE KNOWS I AM A FUNNY GUY AND WHAT I AM ABOUT. (You can say that again)You don't need to remind anyone. Of course, your just a little rookie (who actually owns the game) compare to a Major Heavyweight in this forum. (who doesn't) :greengrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just messing with you HoS:yesnod: but I got to agree with the rookie on this one:yesnod:
I own 2K3,4,5 and Madden 06,07 and do agree that both games does have something to offer but if I myself had to pick 1, I would have to go with 2K:yesnod:
Who knows maybe 2K is only trying out a Beta version just to keep up with the Jones' I believe the contract is over with Madden in 2009 but i may be wrong:dunno:

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Capt, your wrong. I own ESPN FOOTBALL 2K4 and I can prove it to you. I don't give a rat's *** for the game, hell I will trade that game in for something else next time I go to GAMESTOP. I want to get the NCAA MARCH MADNESS 2007 and NBA 2007. I do want to test the NHL games before I buy em.

Captcoolhand
02-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Capt, your wrong. I own ESPN FOOTBALL 2K4 and I can prove it to you. I don't give a rat's *** for the game, hell I will trade that game in for something else next time I go to GAMESTOP. I want to get the NCAA MARCH MADNESS 2007 and NBA 2007. I do want to test the NHL games before I buy em.
I'll agree with you on that one 2K4 did suck but 2K3 and 5 was good

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I will take your word for it, I will get one or the other and see how it plays out, if I don't like it, I will trade it. 2K5 is the one with TO on the cover right?

Captcoolhand
02-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I will take your word for it, I will get one or the other and see how it plays out, if I don't like it, I will trade it. 2K5 is the one with TO on the cover right?
Ya you can get it for about $5 bucksor less at Record exchange

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I am going to try it. They do have it for ps2 I hope.

Captcoolhand
02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I am going to try it. They do have it for ps2 I hope.
Of coarse they do,Duh!

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey moron, your talking to a Madden player here. I don't follow the 2K series, sheesh, testy ***.

Captcoolhand
02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey moron, your talking to a Madden player here. I don't follow the 2K series, sheesh, testy ***.
:bigfinger: Just get your *** to the poker table:yesnod:

kgreen
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM

Even if you do own that game, Game Stop won't give you s*** for it. I tired it before with 2K3 and got $1 for. So my question now is my get all negative over a video game? :dunno:

TEEMONT
02-25-2007, 12:07 PM
i'm sure there will be ways.......... i don't like the new generation systems yet, the games suck from what i've played, they seem to be trying so damn hard to make it look fresher but it's making it look dumb and unrealistic......

i just play my psp now though, madden for it is pretty badass considering it's a handheld game.......... 2k needs to make a basketball game for psp cause nbalive sucks........

I dunno if you are just playin sports games (which so far have been pretty disappointing on 360), but I have played a aLOT of games that I think are awesome.

Gears of War - This game is keeping me satisfied until Halo 3 comes out, they have minor tweaks they need to make for G0W 2.

Lost Planet - The storyline was like something out of an anime movie written by a dog, but the gameplay was friggin' sweet.

Fight Night: Round 3 - Most awesome Sports game I have ever played. I can't wait for R4

The Godfather - Being half italian / Irish this game has everything I could want, and moltov cocktails are pretty sweet.

Blazing angels - the graphics rock, and WW2 games on the gournd were getting old, this is pretty fun

Madden 07 - Madden 05 for XBox was better, they stopped trying when they got the license

NBA Live 07 - sucks

Koopa
02-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I dunno if you are just playin sports games (which so far have been pretty disappointing on 360), but I have played a aLOT of games that I think are awesome.

Gears of War - This game is keeping me satisfied until Halo 3 comes out, they have minor tweaks they need to make for G0W 2.

Lost Planet - The storyline was like something out of an anime movie written by a dog, but the gameplay was friggin' sweet.

Fight Night: Round 3 - Most awesome Sports game I have ever played. I can't wait for R4

The Godfather - Being half italian / Irish this game has everything I could want, and moltov cocktails are pretty sweet.

Blazing angels - the graphics rock, and WW2 games on the gournd were getting old, this is pretty fun

Madden 07 - Madden 05 for XBox was better, they stopped trying when they got the license

NBA Live 07 - sucks

yeah, i've only played sports game, i played, damn i forgot the name, it's a war game by tom clancey, and i can't remember the name, but yeah, i've only really played sports games on it...........

actually, i've only ever really played sports games, the only none sports games that i get into is the grand theft auto games, i can play those games for hours lol

and yes, madden 05 is where madden peaked, 06 disappointed me beyond belief, and i only got 07 for psp.... but even though i don't like 07 and 06 i still think madden >>>> 2k for ps2

nbalive 05 is also where ea peaked, they stopped giving a **** after 05 and started focusing on the next generation systems........ and so far they are a piece of ****......... 2k for nba is pretty good though on 360

Madden King
03-03-2007, 05:10 PM
2k series ****ing sucks, the only good thing about them is they are cheap, but the game sucks ***, the players run like they have a stick up their ***, the graphics are almost cartoonish..

madden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2k por favor believe it

just read the article, how ghetto, it's gonna be dumb, not gonna have any real time players since madden owns all the rights.....it's just gonna be retard stuff lol
I have to respectfully disagree with you, Koop. I have always been a big fan of the Madden series, but I have to admit that NFL 2K5 was a slightly better game than Madden 2005. I was always looking forward to seeing how the NFL 2K series would look on the next-gen systems, but EA took that dream away from me. :( Now that 2K Sports is returning to the gridiron, I must say that I am excited about it. It's too bad that it won't have the NFL license behind it, but it's still worth checking it out when it's released.

SteelerDan43
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
The 2k game will be better than madden because they will actually try to produce a good game and not release a glorified roster update each year

Madden King
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
The 2k game will be better than madden because they will actually try to produce a good game and not release a glorified roster update each year
I can't agree with you more. To me, there was no difference between Madden '07 and Madden '06, other than the rosters. Every year, there were always improvements in the 2K series.