PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillon retiring.....

DIESELMAN
02-23-2007, 12:17 PM
ESPN reports after ten seasons of pounding from NFL defenses, New England Patriots RB Corey Dillon is ready to call it quits. According to a report in Friday's Boston Globe, the 32-year-old Dillon will ask the Patriots for his release and walk away from the game on his own terms. "I think more of my health, how I envision myself 5-10 years down the road," he told the Globe. "I don't want to be broken down, not able to play with my kids." He said the prospect of his returning to another team was unlikely, but anything's possible. "Football is the furthest thing on my mind right now,'' Dillon said in the Globe story. ''I may wake up and feel the itch and decide I still want to shake it, but as of now, I doubt that will happen.'' Dillon, who is under contract for the next three seasons with a 2007 salary cap charge of $4.4 million, told the newspaper he has yet to speak with the team. "I've been blessed and fortunate enough to play 10 years," he said. "I can get up and walk around and be comfortable. That's one of the big determining factors."

I think hes retiring before the Patsies cut him :hilarious: For all you FF players Maroneys stock just shot through the roof.

PsychoWard
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I think hes retiring before the Patsies cut him :hilarious: For all you FF players Maroneys stock just shot through the roof.yeah good call on ff

Steelersfan
02-23-2007, 12:24 PM
If Dillon retires non of his salary counts against the Pats cap does it?

BB2W
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Why would you ask for your release if you are retiring?... Maybe he wants to retire a Bengal. :greengrin:

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I thought Dillon couldn't stand Cincinnati and it was the reason why he asked for a trade. I couldn't stand that dude.

DIESELMAN
02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Why would you ask for your release if you are retiring?... Maybe he wants to retire a Bengal. :greengrin:Yeah you're right. Dillon has asked for his release, and that wish will be granted on March 2, the first day of the NFL’s free agency period. At that point, Dillon will look for a bigger role with a new team. Dillon would have cost $4.43 million against the Patriots’ cap in 2007. I jumped the gun a little bit there...oops

Black@Gold Forever32
02-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I think hes retiring before the Patsies cut him :hilarious: For all you FF players Maroneys stock just shot through the roof.

Thats why I kept Maroney as one of my keepers bro. I'm set at RB for the most part next year with Willie Parker, Laurence Maroney and Ronnie Brown.