PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin interview on scout.com

BlackGold4vr
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Mike Tomlin By Scout.com
For SteelCityInsider.com
Posted Feb 22, 2007

Mike Tomlin talked to reporters at the combine in Indianapolis this morning about dealing with cranky veterans, cutting cap space, his defensive scheme, and of course how he evaluates draft prospects.

Mike Tomlin met that national media this morning for the first time as coach of the Steelers. He shared his thoughts on the draft process, and touched on other topical issues as well.
Listen to Audio

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=11&playlist=http%3A//scout.Scout.com/asxplaylist.aspx%3Fs%3D68%26mediaids%3D404047

Damn! Still no clues but a good listen! :scratch:

BBG7
02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
What does he talk about....when I click on the link it says I have to join to listen.

BlackGold4vr
02-22-2007, 03:56 PM
What does he talk about....when I click on the link it says I have to join to listen.

He was addressing the national media about his vision for the Steelers from the combines. He talked about dealing with veterans, what he looks for in the draft (mainly character), making the system fit the players. He did not give any clues about what we are going to draft! He said we will play some 3-4, some 4-3 and even some 3-3 (with some laughter). He is remaining very stoic about his plans! Wouldn't want to play him in poker! The big thing that I notice (about the few times that I've heard him speak) is that he IS a leader without a doubt! He has a confidense about himself and he projects that in everything he talks about. Im excited to see the new team in action! Again I am sorry about the link! Perhaps we might have a IT guru on our site that could explain a different way to post the link?

Try this one!

http://steelers.scout.com/2/620914.html

Let me know if this one works for you.

BBG7
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Cool. I will agree with you. Every time I have seen him talk or give an interview, I am impressed. He handles himself very well, and I think he is goinng to make one hell of a coach. I definately can see why the Rooney's hired him!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Cool. I will agree with you. Every time I have seen him talk or give an interview, I am impressed. He handles himself very well, and I think he is goinng to make one hell of a coach. I definately can see why the Rooney's hired him!

:plus1:

I agree totally.:tt02:

BlackGold4vr
02-22-2007, 04:06 PM
I posted another link and am curious if it works?????

BBG7
02-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I posted another link and am curious if it works?????

Nope....you still have to be a subscriber

BlackGold4vr
02-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Nope....you still have to be a subscriber

Perhaps they will play the interview for the fans on the local (Pittsburgh)news! Sorry! I tried to share! :dunno:

BBG7
02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
hey, that's ok....not your fault. Thanks for posting it though and kindof giving us the low down!!!

BlackGold4vr
02-22-2007, 04:36 PM
12:00 P.M.: Mike Tomlin:
-- Doesn't put much emphasis on the Wonderlic test, but does use the score to judge a player's "body of work."

-- Admitted the team is looking at ways to expand the amount of money it has under the salary cap, but said no decision has been made on the $1 million roster bonus due the declining Joey Porter in early March.

-- Offered advice for new Minnesota DC Leslie Frazier, but doubts he'll need.

-- Explained "the drudgery" Ben Roethlisberger will need to endure to become the elite quarterback he should become.

-- Didn't explain the new scheme -- the "3-3" -- he said the Steelers might use, but did say it'll be some type of amalgamation of a 3-4 and 4-3, and also joked that his lack of a track record should keep everyone guessing on draft day.

If I see any more from this site I will be sure to post it! :bigthumb:

BBG7
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted!!! Draft day will be fun and interesting this year!!! I can't wait!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Sweet, thanks for the 411, keep it coming !

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Man, living up here it's tough to gauge anything about Tomlin. I need some Sportsbeat or something, I think I am going to have to find a way to subscribe to all of the regional Fox channels through comcast.

Nice find though.