PDA

View Full Version : Manning restructures deal

TEEMONT
02-21-2007, 06:54 PM
For everyone out there....no matter how you feel about Manning....

Manning agrees to restructure contract

By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer
February 21, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Peyton Manning has agreed to restructure his contract with the Indianapolis Colts to save the team nearly $8 million in salary cap space.

The Super Bowl MVP was to receive a $10 million roster bonus during the offseason but by converting the money into a regular signing bonus, the Colts can prorate that amount over the remaining four years of his deal. That saves Indianapolis space under the cap, which is $109 million.

The restructuring was disclosed to The Associated Press on Wednesday by a person familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been signed.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team had no comment.

Manning signed a $98 million contract in March 2004, the season after he shared the league's MVP award with Steve McNair.

He followed that with a record-setting 2004 season in which he threw 49 touchdown passes and earned his second straight league MVP award.

In 2005, Manning guided the Colts to a 13-0 record and the AFC's No. 1 seed before losing in the divisional round of the playoffs to eventual Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh.

But this season, Manning showed more patience in throwing short and relying on his ground game, using that combination to bring the Colts their first Super Bowl title since moving to Indianapolis in 1984.

Manning has led the Colts to seven playoff appearances in nine seasons, including five straight under coach Tony Dungy, and after breaking John Unitas' franchise record for completions last season is closing in on Unitas' other career records for passing attempts, yardage and touchdowns.

Updated on Wednesday, Feb 21, 2007 1:37 pm EST

BlitzburghRockCity
02-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn, that must really suck to have to get an extra 10 million up front in a prorated signing bonus ! :rolleyes:

AZ_Steeler
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Tell me about it... I need to see about getting my contract restructured like that too! :lol:

Steelersfan
02-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Yup, I'll take 2 mill a year for 5 years instead. Just sign me up!.....lol

TampaSteelGirl
02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm not a big Peyton fan but I think that says alot about his character. That's a team player for sure and very rare. Just hearing that makes me respect him more, can't help it. He does seem to care about that team.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
For all of you Manning haters out there.......

Dude I'm starting to worry about you. I think you should change your user name to Peyton Manning#1.:bluelol:

As for Golden Boy he isn't the first player to rework his contract and he won't be the last. Plus he has a **** load of money as it is already. Excuse me why I don't cry Peyton a ****ing river. This kind of **** is exactly why I don't like Peyton since every little move he makes Colts fans act like he is Jesus Christ.

I gave him credit he got the job and he became a champ. Congrats to him and the Colts team. But I'm not going to kiss Peyton's *** or give him credit for knowing the Colts to be a contendar every year they're going to need cap room.

Look at players like Aaron Smith, Alan Faneca and other Steelers players have reworked their contracts as well to give the Steelers cap room. Its just part of the business of Pro Football anymore.

K Train
02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
**** manning lol

DIESELMAN
02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Anytime a player signs for a big contract and sees the big numbers at the end he should know its going to be restructured. If he hadn't restructured they would not be able to sign some of their top FA's. They already franchised Freeney so Peyton didn't really have a choice in restructuring especially if he wanted to keep the D somewhat intact.

TEEMONT
02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Dude I'm starting to worry about you. I think you should change your user name to Peyton Manning#1.:bluelol:

Why, because I am not a blind homer like most Steelers fans? I call it like I see it, plain and simple. Manning is something that is good about the game of football (except for those painfully long audibles). Nothing said he HAD to rework his contract. He has his title, and even if he wins 4 more SB's he is going to go down as one of the 5 best QB's in history, on any unbiased persons list. he could have jus tplayed out his contract as it was, and made it all about the money. 10 million dollars today isnt going to be worth as much as 10 million tomorrow. Granted I would take 2 mil for 5 years too, but the only reason he had for doing this, is b/c he is a team player, and wants to win.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Why, because I am not a blind homer like most Steelers fans? I call it like I see it, plain and simple. Manning is something that is good about the game of football (except for those painfully long audibles). Nothing said he HAD to rework his contract. He has his title, and even if he wins 4 more SB's he is going to go down as one of the 5 best QB's in history, on any unbiased persons list. he could have jus tplayed out his contract as it was, and made it all about the money. 10 million dollars today isnt going to be worth as much as 10 million tomorrow. Granted I would take 2 mil for 5 years too, but the only reason he had for doing this, is b/c he is a team player, and wants to win.

I'm not a blind homer my friend. I give a ton of credit to alot of non Steelers players. I think Tom Brady is the best QB in the game and I can't stand the guy. I just don't go on lengths to give Peyton Manning credit and think every move he makes is golden. Dude you sound like all these Colts fans here in this lame *** sorry state of Indiana.:bluelol:

Yes he is a great QB and he will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. I don't think I ever stated other wise. But dude many players have reworked their contracts this isn't breaking news of a player reworking their contract to give their team some cap room. Many Steelers have did the same in the past. I just don't feel the need to but them on a pedestal for doing so. Reworking contracts is just part of the business that Pro Football is.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
**** manning lol

I second this post.:bigthumb: All this Peyton Manning this and Peyton Manning that is getting old.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I wonder how soon McNabb will have to rework his 100 million + deal to help the Beagles ?

Black@Gold Forever32
02-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I wonder how soon McNabb will have to rework his 100 million + deal to help the Beagles ?

I bet nobody makes a thread and put McNabb on a pedestal if he does like some do with Peyton Manning.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
I bet nobody makes a thread and put McNabb on a pedestal if he does like some do with Peyton Manning.:bluelol:

I bet 'philly will ;)

BBG7
02-22-2007, 01:09 AM
I second this post.:bigthumb: All this Peyton Manning this and Peyton Manning that is getting old.:bluelol:

I'm with you guys...F*** Manning. Restructuring of contracts is a very normal thing in the NFL-it's not the first time and definately won't be the last time-who the hell cares!!! Again...F*** Peyton and his brother!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm with you guys...F*** Manning. Restructuring of contracts is a very normal thing in the NFL-it's not the first time and definately won't be the last time-who the hell cares!!! Again...F*** Peyton and his brother!

I second this post.:bigthumb: The Peyton Manning love fest is for Colts message boards.

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Dude, my problem with people hating on Manning is b/c 99% of the people hate him for the same reason they Brady, b/c he isn't their QB. If Manning was our QB, all of you would be sucking his (expletive deleted) liek you do with Ben. Yinz' jealousy is pretty sad. This led the NFL segment on a few sports shows today, I thought it warranted a thread. For someone you hate so much, you sure are interested in him.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Dude, my problem with people hating on Manning is b/c 99% of the people hate him for the same reason they Brady, b/c he isn't their QB. If Manning was our QB, all of you would be sucking his (expletive deleted) liek you do with Ben. Yinz' jealousy is pretty sad. This led the NFL segment on a few sports shows today, I thought it warranted a thread. For someone you hate so much, you sure are interested in him.

wow, i've never seen a steelers fan suck mannings dick so much..... you probably like him more than colt fans do, pretty creepy how much you ride his dick...... hell you slobber on him more than steeler fans do with ben........ where's the jealousy??? ben has already done what manning has done in it only took him 2 years to achieve the nfl's highest goal......... i don't get why you love him so much, you always bring up that what have you done for me lately bs, but up until this month, manning had done absolutely nothing in the nfl...... and we ain't to interested in him since no one posted this post, your man crush is getting crazy lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:18 AM

You're always bringing Peyton Manning up. I wouldn't even made a comment if you wouldn't even made this thread. As for one I don't slob on Ben's knob like you do Peyton. I'm very critical of Ben and you can ask BBG7 and Top Gun that. I like Ben and I have been a fan of his since he was at Miami of Ohio but I'm not all over his jock like you suggest.

Dude save that Peyton Manning love fest for Colts site.:bluelol: That **** gets no play here.lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:19 AM
wow, i've never seen a steelers fan suck mannings dick so much..... you probably like him more than colt fans do, pretty creepy how much you ride his dick...... hell you slobber on him more than steeler fans do with ben........ where's the jealousy??? ben has already done what manning has done in it only took him 2 years to achieve the nfl's highest goal......... i don't get why you love him so much, you always bring up that what have you done for me lately bs, but up until this month, manning had done absolutely nothing in the nfl...... we ain't to interested in him since no one posted this post, your man crush is getting crazy lol

:plus1::plus1:

BBG7
02-22-2007, 01:21 AM
You're always bringing Peyton Manning up. I wouldn't even made a comment if you wouldn't even made this thread. As for one I don't slob on Ben's knob like you do Peyton. I'm very critical of Ben and you can ask BBG7 and Top Gun that. I like Ben and I have been a fan of his since he was at Miami of Ohio but I'm not all over his jock like you suggest.

Dude save that Peyton Manning love fest for Colts site.:bluelol: That **** gets no play here.lol
You are definately hard on Benny Boy!!! I will definately second that!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:23 AM
He is definately hard on Benny Boy!!! I will definately second that!!!

Its just I expect so much from Ben and I think he has the potential to be great.

BBG7
02-22-2007, 01:24 AM
wow, i've never seen a steelers fan suck mannings dick so much..... you probably like him more than colt fans do, pretty creepy how much you ride his dick...... hell you slobber on him more than steeler fans do with ben........ where's the jealousy??? ben has already done what manning has done in it only took him 2 years to achieve the nfl's highest goal......... i don't get why you love him so much, you always bring up that what have you done for me lately bs, but up until this month, manning had done absolutely nothing in the nfl...... and we ain't to interested in him since no one posted this post, your man crush is getting crazy lol

Now that is some funny sh** and very well said!!! :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:24 AM
It gets no play here but here we are in a 20+ post thread. I ride his dick, I ride Cowhers dick, anything else you wanna say Koop?

The fact of the matter is yinz are haters of Peyton, just like I wass up until this past year or so. I just don't think Peyton really desrves all of the hate he gets, he doesn't play for a rival team, he has never beat us when it counts, and he seems to be a good guy.

I wouldn't call that riding anyones dick, but then Koop seems to be obsessed with me and men's genetalia (sp?).

I pointed out several times that he is the best QB in the league (what is it that everyone ehere says makes Ben better than Carson Palmer? ummmm his SB ring). And all anyone ever comes up with, in any Peyton related thread, is f*ck Peyton.....clever.

BBG7
02-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Its just I expect so much from Ben and I think he has the potential to be great.

Oh I know...I don't have any problems with you being critical!!!

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:26 AM

Speaking of man crush's, I counted 3 dick reference's in that post.......way to be creative Koop.....is it bedtime yet?

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:28 AM
It gets no play here but here we are in a 20+ post thread. I ride his dick, I ride Cowhers dick, anything else you wanna say Koop?

The fact of the matter is yinz are haters of Peyton, just like I wass up until this past year or so. I just don't think Peyton really desrves all of the hate he gets, he doesn't play for a rival team, he has never beat us when it counts, and he seems to be a good guy.

I wouldn't call that riding anyones dick, but then Koop seems to be obsessed with me and men's genetalia (sp?).

I pointed out several times that he is the best QB in the league (what is it that everyone ehere says makes Ben better than Carson Palmer? ummmm his SB ring). And all anyone ever comes up with, in any Peyton related thread, is f*ck Peyton.....clever.

Dude you better check yourself before you wreck yourself. I never stated Ben or Carson Palmer to be better then Golden Boy. I have always stated that Brady is the best QB in the NFL and Peyton Manning is second best.

I just don't feel the need to put Peyton Manning on a pedestal for reworking his contract to save his team some cap room. Plus I don't think every move he makes is golden like Colts Fans and you do.:bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Oh I know...I don't have any problems with you being critical!!!

Oh I know. I'm just hardest on the players I'm the biggest fans of. But I give Ben a pass for this past year. I just want the dude to stay healthy.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 01:29 AM

of course we hate manning, he plays for a team that is a threat to us, wtf do you expect???

aren't you the one that said us steeler fans ride on bens dick??? so it was you that brought up the dick

i've never seen anyone say ben is better????

and of course we are gonna say **** manning, it's a STEELERS SITE, and they are a threat to our team each year, just cause we beat them once doesn't mean they ain't a threat so that's why we will always say **** manning, if you don't like it, then don't go in manning related threads cause again it's always gonna be **** manning

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Just for the record Stiller like I said in the past I have no problem with you being a Peyton Manning fan. I'm just giving you a hard time bro. I have known you for some time now and do like conversating with you. Hey if all of us agree on everything the world would be a boring place to live.

Steelersfan
02-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Is this the rivalry forum? Nope, didn't think so. So take your :banana:sucking crap there! :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Dude you better check yourself before you wreck yourself. I never stated Ben or Carson Palmer to be better then Golden Boy. I have always stated that Brady is the best QB in the NFL and Peyton Manning is second best.

I just don't feel the need to put Peyton Manning on a pedestal for reworking his contract to save his team some cap rap. Plus I don't think every move he makes is golden like Colts Fans and you do.:bluelol:

Me saying

"to the Peyton haters out there"

is not quite putting anyone on a pedastal. I've hear dplenty of people on here and other sites call him selfish, and whatnot, so I pointed out that this is him not being selfish. People love to make **** up, sorry I back up my opinions with fact, and I don't hate just to hate. I don't think every move he makes is gold, liek I said before this year I coulddnt stand him, but when he finally pulled his head out of his ***, and let his running game work for him, instead of him trying not too need his running game, I gained respect for him, which he rightly deserved.

Call it a man crush, call it whatever, he's better than what we got, and it kills MOST of you guys, I know it kills me.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 01:34 AM
smh, always gotta be singling me out...................*sighs*.................

Steelersfan
02-22-2007, 01:37 AM
smh, always gotta be singling me out...................*sighs*.................

Well you make it easy for me! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn :banana: talk!...lol

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:37 AM
of course we hate manning, he plays for a team that is a threat to us, wtf do you expect???

aren't you the one that said us steeler fans ride on bens dick??? so it was you that brought up the dick

i've never seen anyone say ben is better????

and of course we are gonna say **** manning, it's a STEELERS SITE, and they are a threat to our team each year, just cause we beat them once doesn't mean they ain't a threat so that's why we will always say **** manning, if you don't like it, then don't go in manning related threads cause again it's always gonna be **** manning

And likewise...you don't like me liking Manning, then don't go into Manning threads that I create. This is the NFl part of the section, where we talk about......NFL stuff other than the Steelers, and supposedly unbiased......guess not.

Just for the record Stiller like I said in the past I have no problem with you being a Peyton Manning fan. I'm just giving you a hard time bro. I have known you for some time now and do like conversating with you. Hey if all of us agree on everything the world would be a boring place to live.

No worries dude, nothing wrong with a little disagreement......hell, the guys in my office take yinz' side most of the time. I have changed a lot of my views b/c of "discussions" on forums.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 01:39 AM
And likewise...you don't like me liking Manning, then don't go into Manning threads that I create. This is the NFl part of the section, where we talk about......NFL stuff other than the Steelers, and supposedly unbiased......guess not.

but your sole purpose of posting this is what you got, you wanted us to talk ****, so we all talked ****, i don't get how you expect on a steelers site for us to say we love manning, i know you have a huge man crush on him, but not everyone does, we ain't gonna sit here, and say good for manning bs.......for the most part we all hate manning, ain't nothing wrong with that, stop trying to force us to like him, cause we will never kiss his *** like you do.........

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Me saying

"to the Peyton haters out there"

is not quite putting anyone on a pedastal. I've hear dplenty of people on here and other sites call him selfish, and whatnot, so I pointed out that this is him not being selfish. People love to make **** up, sorry I back up my opinions with fact, and I don't hate just to hate. I don't think every move he makes is gold, liek I said before this year I coulddnt stand him, but when he finally pulled his head out of his ***, and let his running game work for him, instead of him trying not too need his running game, I gained respect for him, which he rightly deserved.

Call it a man crush, call it whatever, he's better than what we got, and it kills MOST of you guys, I know it kills me.

It doesn't kill me. Peyton Manning is better then Ben right now. He is also a 10 year vet bro. But they both have the same amount of bling.:bluelol: Dude I think Peyton Manning is the 2nd best QB in the NFL and I said he deserved winning the Super Bowl. What more do you want from me?

Most of the time I'm just messing with you man. I don't care if your a Peyton fan. Thats your right man. I like conversating with you for the most part since you're not overly sensitive so we can have a friendly disagreement and still be internet friends at the sametime.

Dude we both root for the Steelers so I have no problems with you man.:bigthumb:

You might not think I respect your opinion but I do.

Steelersfan
02-22-2007, 01:41 AM
It's pretty easy really. To talk **** you post in the Rivalry forum. If you want to post NFL news you post it here. :banging:

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:43 AM
but your sole purpose of posting this is what you got, you wanted us to talk ****, so we all talked ****, i don't get how you expect on a steelers site for us to say we love manning, i know you have a huge man crush on him, but not everyone does, we ain't gonna sit here, and say good for manning bs.......for the most part we all hate manning, ain't nothing wrong with that, stop trying to force us to like him, cause we will never kiss his *** like you do.........

Yup...I kiss his ***...and I can't wait for him to come to my house and take me into his arms and bend me over.....

get over yourself dude, you say the same thing over and over and over again, expecting it to be funny everytime. you don't like a difference in opinion, then don't post on a forum. Like BandG said, if we all had the same opinion's this would be an awfully boring place.

Not everyone likes the State of texas, bt you sure do try to cram it down our throats. Not once have I brought an insult at you, but if you want to keep it going, go ahead...I'm game.

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:45 AM
It's pretty easy really. To talk **** you post in the Rivalry forum. If you want to post NFL news you post it here. :banging:

This asn't meant to be a **** talking thread...my apologies.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Yup...I kiss his ***...and I can't wait for him to come to my house and take me into his arms and bend me over.....

get over yourself dude, you say the same thing over and over and over again, expecting it to be funny everytime. you don't like a difference in opinion, then don't post on a forum. Like BandG said, if we all had the same opinion's this would be an awfully boring place.

Not everyone likes the State of texas, bt you sure do try to cram it down our throats. Not once have I brought an insult at you, but if you want to keep it going, go ahead...I'm game.

i do it jokingly with the texas, but you really are pissed that no one likes manning, and you talk down on the steeler fans that like their own qb in ben....... you know what i said is true, you only reason of posting this was becasue you wanted to argue about how great and mighty manning is. if this was brady or mcnabb or vick, or vince or anyother qb you would not have posted this saying hey haters blah blah blah

and i don't like difference of opinions??? your the one that gets upset everytime i don't agree with what you say and try to talk down, call me kid, bring up i'm from texas and bs like that

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 01:54 AM
i do it jokingly with the texas, but you really are pissed that no one likes manning, and you talk down on the steeler fans that like their own qb in ben....... you know what i said is true, you only reason of posting this was becasue you wanted to argue about how great and mighty manning is. if this was brady or mcnabb or vick, or vince or anyother qb you would not have posted this saying hey haters blah blah blah

and i don't like difference of opinions??? your the one that gets upset everytime i don't agree with what you say and try to talk down, call me kid, bring up i'm from texas and bs like that

No...I'm pissed that you take it right to me riding his dick, just because I made a thread about him. I have mad eplenty of threads on this board, this being the FIRST ONE ABOUT MANNING. Every other thread that I have commented about him, I am pretty sure I didn't create them.

We don't disagree too often, and the only time I bring up you being imamture or a kid, is when you make an entire post deidcated to me riding Peyton Mannings dick. You manage to insult everything about Western PA, every chance you get, and thats when I bring up the "Great State of Texas".

Oh no, I made a thread to create a discussion, this coming from the guy who 90% of the time posts **** just to **** people off.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 01:58 AM
No...I'm pissed that you take it right to me riding his dick, just because I made a thread about him. I have mad eplenty of threads on this board, this being the FIRST ONE ABOUT MANNING. Every other thread that I have commented about him, I am pretty sure I didn't create them.

We don't disagree too often, and the only time I bring up you being imamture or a kid, is when you make an entire post deidcated to me riding Peyton Mannings dick. You manage to insult everything about Western PA, every chance you get, and thats when I bring up the "Great State of Texas".

Oh no, I made a thread to create a discussion, this coming from the guy who 90% of the time posts **** just to **** people off.

ok, did you not read the post i quoted, you are the one that said steeler fans ride bens (explicative deleted).......

read the first line of this post, for all you manning haters, you meant to talk ****, if you didn't you wouldn't have started the thread like that

and i don't really talk down on western pa, someone brought it up, i gave my opinion on what i saw when i was in pa...........

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 02:04 AM
ok, did you not read the post i quoted, you are the one that said steeler fans ride bens (explicative deleted).......

read the first line of this post, for all you manning haters, you meant to talk ****, if you didn't you wouldn't have started the thread like that

and i don't really talk down on western pa, someone brought it up, i gave my opinion on what i saw when i was in pa...........

And I give my opinion on texas, when I feel it's needed.

My intention with this thread was not for it to get personal, it was for people to see that Manning is not this selfish person that everyone makes him out to be, so don't tell me what my intentions were.

I may have said Steelers fans ride ben's (expletive deleted), but only b/c of the number of times you have told me that I ride Peyton's and Cowhers. At least I had the good sense to keep it somewhat clean. Seeing as this ins't the rivalry forum. If I intended for this thread to run *** ugly as it did, I would have posted it in the rivalry forum.

I should know better than to argue with someone in college, if there is one thing I learned while in college, its that everyone enrolled knows it all.

I'm wrong Koop...peyton manning is a horrible person and a terrible football player....i wanna have every opinion be exactly the same as yours....its going to be so cool when every has the same opinion!

Happy?

Koopa
02-22-2007, 02:39 AM
And I give my opinion on texas, when I feel it's needed.

My intention with this thread was not for it to get personal, it was for people to see that Manning is not this selfish person that everyone makes him out to be, so don't tell me what my intentions were.

I may have said Steelers fans ride ben's (expletive deleted), but only b/c of the number of times you have told me that I ride Peyton's and Cowhers. At least I had the good sense to keep it somewhat clean. Seeing as this ins't the rivalry forum. If I intended for this thread to run *** ugly as it did, I would have posted it in the rivalry forum.

I should know better than to argue with someone in college, if there is one thing I learned while in college, its that everyone enrolled knows it all.

I'm wrong Koop...peyton manning is a horrible person and a terrible football player....i wanna have every opinion be exactly the same as yours....its going to be so cool when every has the same opinion!

Happy?

i hadn't even posted in this thread before then, do i have that much of an impact that you have to do it before hand ??? lol

plus, the last paragraph has nothing to do with me, becasue i've said in the past that manning is hands down the best qb in the league.......i just don't like him, and will always say **** mannning............

and that's stupid to say the last part with everyone with the same opinions bs, because i'm always the one with the different opinion and ppl get mad at me for not agreeing with everything everyone says, well not everyone, just the new ppl, the original crew from sf knows how i roll and have never had a problem with my differences of opinions........... and some of the newer crew from sf know how i roll, it's just some that still get upset about stuff.....

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
and that's stupid to say the last part with everyone with the same opinions bs, because i'm always the one with the different opinion and ppl get mad at me for not agreeing with everything everyone says, well not everyone, just the new ppl, the original crew from sf knows how i roll and have never had a problem with my differences of opinions........... and some of the newer crew from sf know how i roll, it's just some that still get upset about stuff.....

Funny, my difference in opinion here seems to be getting you all worked up.....guess thats how I roll......

All we hear is about the original crew this, the original crew that, seriously who cares? You been a Steelers fan for what 4 years? I've been around long enough on these boards to know "how you roll" and the way you roll is when anyone gives a strong opinion back, you go right to insults, and you don't like it when you don't get the last word in on an arguement. Get over it little guy, I aint going nowhere, and my opinions ain't changin'.

BBG7
02-22-2007, 11:53 AM
No one is saying that you can't have your own opinion and that your opinion means any less than any of ours. You on the other hand, seem to get very offended by people stating their opinion. Get over it...not every one is going to like Peyton, I for one don't even think he's the best in the league right now....that belongs to Tom Brady in my eyes (even though I hate him too). Instead of excepting the fact that you are not going to change our opinions, you are getting all fired up. This isn't the first thread you have done this in. I love the Steelers, but I can give credit where credit is due and you can say I'm a homer all you want-people that know me, know other wise. I have stated before that Peyton is a good QB, but I don't like him and never will. I don't think yelling at your team and blaming others is being a good leader. It's fine that you have your opinion and you should respect the fact that others have theirs. No one is trying to get you to change your opinion so why do you keep trying to get everyone to change theirs. Respect the fact that people have their own opinion too.

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 12:05 PM
No one is saying that you can't have your own opinion and that your opinion means any less than any of ours. You on the other hand, seem to get very offended by people stating their opinion. Get over it...not every one is going to like Peyton, I for one don't even think he's the best in the league right now....that belongs to Tom Brady in my eyes (even though I hate him too). Instead of excepting the fact that you are not going to change our opinions, you are getting all fired up. This isn't the first thread you have done this in. I love the Steelers, but I can give credit where credit is due and you can say I'm a homer all you want-people that know me, know other wise. I have stated before that Peyton is a good QB, but I don't like him and never will. I don't think yelling at your team and blaming others is being a good leader. It's fine that you have your opinion and you should respect the fact that others have theirs. No one is trying to get you to change your opinion so why do you keep trying to get everyone to change theirs. Respect the fact that people have their own opinion too.

I highly doubt that me posting one of the bigger stories in the NFL yesterday, was me trying to get anyone to change their opinion. I could care less if you don't like Manning, but f*ck Manning, is just an idiots response. If someone came on here and said f*ck Ben, everyone would get beyond "fired up". Just like BandG said, this thread is no different than a conversation I would have with my friends in a bar. Does it get heated sometimes, yes. But I ain't gonna just let people walk all over my opinion, b/c its not the popular one. This is a forum, a place to discuss things, heaven forbid I bring up something to discuss. A thread about Peyton Manning in the NFL forum....someone ban me quick.

And for the record, before this thread, I have posted on Peyton Manning only in the week leading up to the Super Bowl, and a few times after.

My "love affair" with Peyton is a bit over exaggerated if you ask me. Mainly b/c I don't Ben is that good of a QB, however, if my tag on here was BigBensBoy, all would be well.

BlackGold4vr
02-22-2007, 12:10 PM

I am not a Peyton fan by any means but I respect all players who restructure their deals to help the team resign other players! It shows the rest of the team that you are more committed to winning than you are to your own financial plan! Tom Brady did the same thing last year! They don't give up any money they just redistribute it so some of the salary cap hit is shifted into future years! All the good teams have players that do this! :bigthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Just rub some dirt on it!!! :hilarious:

BBG7
02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
If this line doens't say it all:

For all of you Manning haters out there.......

What is the point of writing that, and not just posting the actual story, and sharing your opinion on the actual topic. What were you trying to accomplish out of writing that?
I don't like Peyton and I don't think I have to explain over and over again why. I never said that you bring up Manning all the time. But there have been threads about him and other things where someones opinion does not match yours and you take the deffensive.

BBG7
02-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I highly doubt that me posting one of the bigger stories in the NFL yesterday, was me trying to get anyone to change their opinion. I could care less if you don't like Manning, but f*ck Manning, is just an idiots response. If someone came on here and said f*ck Ben, everyone would get beyond "fired up". Just like BandG said, this thread is no different than a conversation I would have with my friends in a bar. Does it get heated sometimes, yes. But I ain't gonna just let people walk all over my opinion, b/c its not the popular one. This is a forum, a place to discuss things, heaven forbid I bring up something to discuss. A thread about Peyton Manning in the NFL forum....someone ban me quick.

And for the record, before this thread, I have posted on Peyton Manning only in the week leading up to the Super Bowl, and a few times after.

My "love affair" with Peyton is a bit over exaggerated if you ask me. Mainly b/c I don't Ben is that good of a QB, however, if my tag on here was BigBensBoy, all would be well.

I think you are taking this a little far...
Who said you should be banned? This isn't SF...the reason people are here is to hear opinions of others without a threat of banning.
Who said Ben was better than Peyton?I don't recacll anyone ever saying that....not once to my knowledge has anyone on this board said that.
And lastly if you want to comment on my name...BBG does refer to BigBensGirl (and I tacked on the 7 - because we had just drafted Ben)....but that has been my name for quite a few years and my ex-boyfriends name was Ben...that's why it is shortened now to BBG (he is my EX) and I don't think my future husband would like a reference to ex all the time.
Now I am done with this thread because it's gotten out of control...I know your opinion and you know mine! Case closed!

TEEMONT
02-22-2007, 12:34 PM
So, you have never defended your opinions? For now on when someone disagrees with me, I won't bother posting why I feel that way. I'll just change my opinion.....does that make it all better?

Everyone on this board takes the defensive at one point or another, I try (the key word here is try) to back up all of my opinions with some sort of fact. Not just, "f*ck whatever".

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd just rub some dirt on it!!

Koopa
02-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Funny, my difference in opinion here seems to be getting you all worked up.....guess thats how I roll......

All we hear is about the original crew this, the original crew that, seriously who cares? You been a Steelers fan for what 4 years? I've been around long enough on these boards to know "how you roll" and the way you roll is when anyone gives a strong opinion back, you go right to insults, and you don't like it when you don't get the last word in on an arguement. Get over it little guy, I aint going nowhere, and my opinions ain't changin'.

i've been a fan for 7 years, going on 8....... i didn't insult you, i didn't call you immature, are anything like that, i said you ride on his dick, not my fault you take it in a gay manner, for me when i say it, you really like the dude more then you should........ and no one told you to go anywhere and i don't care if your opinion doesn't change.......but don't be a hypocrite and expect mine to change just cause you don't like it

i don't get how you expected this thread to be normal when your first line was for you manning haters......... that was your intent to talk down, you just didn't expect for everyone not to agree with you and now you are trying to play victim

Koopa
02-22-2007, 02:55 PM

why do you get mad when someone says **** something??? in the sports world words have different meanings, me hating manning is not acutal hate, it's just sports words for i respect the full enough to say that....same with **** manning, i respect cause i think hands down he's the best qb in the league but he plays for a team that is a legit threat to ours so i say **** him......

Koopa
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I am not a Peyton fan by any means but I respect all players who restructure their deals to help the team resign other players! It shows the rest of the team that you are more committed to winning than you are to your own financial plan! Tom Brady did the same thing last year! They don't give up any money they just redistribute it so some of the salary cap hit is shifted into future years! All the good teams have players that do this! :bigthumb:

yes they do, that's why this isn't a big story, all he did was normal, not like he's losing money, he's gonna get his money regardless, so this doesn't make him a saint for doing what someone does every year

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Personally I can't believe this thread has gotten so bad, I think it's admirable for any player in the NFL to take a paycut. Most people think that players are only in it for the money and most are but as you see in alot of teams if they care about their team they will do what's best for them. People may hate Manning but I feel any player who's willing to take a pay cut to help the team says alot about the character of the person. I think the post was a nice way to show everyone that Peyton isn't the complete ******* everyone thinks he is and I thought this post was nice, I"d like to see it for any NFL player. :tt02:

Koopa
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Personally I can't believe this thread has gotten so bad, I think it's admirable for any player in the NFL to take a paycut. Most people think that players are only in it for the money and most are but as you see in alot of teams if they care about their team they will do what's best for them. People may hate Manning but I feel any player who's willing to take a pay cut to help the team says alot about the character of the person. I think the post was a nice way to show everyone that Peyton isn't the complete ******* everyone thinks he is and I thought this post was nice, I"d like to see it for any NFL player. :tt02:

he didn't take a pay cut though, he just moved the money around, he isn't losing money.......he did nothing out of the norm

and starting a thread off with for all you manning haters, is not a good way to try to show us that he's being a team player, maybe if he would've just posted it instead of saying all you manning haters the thread would not have turned out like it did

but again, manning did nothing special, star players do it all the time, he is not losing a dime, so it's not a pay cut

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
he didn't take a pay cut though, he just moved the money around, he isn't losing money.......he did nothing out of the norm

He would have to take some kind of cut somewhere down the road. It's still helping out his team.

Koopa
02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
He would have to take some kind of cut somewhere down the road. It's still helping out his team.

no he wouldn't, he's just getting it in bonuses instead and making the base smaller, he doesn't lose a dime

and again, he did nothing out of the norm, a lot of big time players do it.....and starting a thread saying for you manning haters was not the right way to start the thread and expect it to not go bad

Black@Gold Forever32
02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Peyton's a douche bag. I can't stand him. He is a great QB and will be in the Hall of Fame. I just have never liked him dating back to his days at Tennessee. As for Peyton reworking his contract to give the Colts more cap room. It happens all the time in the NFL. Its part of the business of Pro Football anymore.

TampaSteelGirl
02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow! tough crowd! :scratch:

Koopa
02-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow! tough crowd! :scratch:

it's a tough crowd because he did nothing other star qb's and star players haven't already done

we acknowledge that he's the best or one of the best in the league, but because he did something everyone does already isn't gonna make us lighten up on this hoe bag of a qb.......

House of Steel
02-22-2007, 05:11 PM
we acknowledge that he's the best or one of the best in the league, but because he did something everyone does already isn't gonna make us lighten up on this hoe bag of a qb.......

I think that is the best statement I ever read about Manning. :rofl: :hilarious: This could be said about Faggot Brady.

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 12:14 AM
and starting a thread saying for you manning haters was not the right way to start the thread and expect it to not go bad

Coming from the model citizen on the board here, thanks for the advice.

It's been changed you can stop your whining **** anytime.

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 12:17 AM

Don't' argue with Koop, he is never wrong about anything.......ever.

Koopa
02-23-2007, 12:20 AM
looks like i hurt stillers feelings by not agreeing with him that manning is god...... aww well, f'k manning

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 12:42 AM
looks like i hurt stillers feelings by not agreeing with him that manning is god...... aww well, f'k manning

why would I let you hurt my feelings? message boards are but a small part of my life, once the laptop is closed, it don't matter no more. Don't think that you are worth more than you really are.

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 12:52 AM
:popcorn:

Koopa
02-23-2007, 01:00 AM
why would I let you hurt my feelings? message boards are but a small part of my life, once the laptop is closed, it don't matter no more. Don't think that you are worth more than you really are.

i don't know, you make a post about us steeler fans sucking off ben, and then blame it on me, but yet i hadn't even posted yet, so i must of some impact on you since you prepare ahead of time :lol:.........aww well, no point in arguing over a colt player.......

BlitzburghRockCity
02-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Damn!! You can tell it's the offseason when a non Steeler player is causing an uproar like this.

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Phew, yeah I really let all the Ben fans have it, I'm a terrible person.

3 dick references in one post.....you got something you wanna tell us Koopa?

and for someone who isn't interested.....well you get it.

TampaSteelGirl
02-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Is this Steelers.com??? Just wondering!! :popcorn:

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't know but this is getting a little out of hand here. I can't believe this is happening here. :popcorn:

TampaSteelGirl
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
I don't know but this is getting a little out of hand here. I can't believe this is happening here. :popcorn:

I completely agree. Sounds like a post out of Steelers.com forum where on there no one could have an opinion of their own. You know what they say....Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one of their own!! :hilarious:

Everyone feels different so why the ugliness! I don't like it! :cursin:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I havn't attacked anyone or called out someone's opinion about Peyton Manning. I gave my opinion on the topic and joked with Stillers about his. But I left it at that. Hey I have known for Stillers for some time now and just like to joke with the guy.

In closing I still think Peyton Manning is a douche bag.lol I'm not being ugly. Just stating what I think about Golden Boy.lol

Koopa
02-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Phew, yeah I really let all the Ben fans have it, I'm a terrible person.

3 dick references in one post.....you got something you wanna tell us Koopa?

and for someone who isn't interested.....well you get it.

again, notice you brought it up first, not me, you did, not me, you.....read your post above my post, you brought it up first, not me, you, not me, you

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
:popcorn: And the Saga continues...........:rofl:

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
again, notice you brought it up first, not me, you did, not me, you.....read your post above my post, you brought it up first, not me, you, not me, you

For someone who isnt interested......ur still here.

Koopa
02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
For someone who isnt interested......ur still here.

well since the topic has changed yeah i am still here, you're trying to make it seem like i'm the one that brought it up, but yet i hadn't even posted in this thread yet when you said steeler fans suck ben [expletive deleted] ........

House of Steel
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
:popcorn:

Steelx
02-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Didnt read all the way through this but all I have to say is that Manning doing this by no means was it a pay cut he is still getting his cabbage. Its just basically in the bank thats for sure. He helped the team he didnt by any means take a pay cut.

The only difference with this is Peyton cant go to the strip club with Pacman jones this weekend with a wad of 81 grand.

TEEMONT
02-23-2007, 05:48 PM
well since the topic has changed yeah i am still here, you're trying to make it seem like i'm the one that brought it up, but yet i hadn't even posted in this thread yet when you said steeler fans suck ben [expletive deleted] ........

I am pretty sure that has been established, the issue, is that you have to take everything to new heights.

I'm saying you have to like Peyton, I'm glad you don't. I'm just saying you have crappy reasons for hating on him. But thats just my humble opinion against your not so humble.

Koopa
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I am pretty sure that has been established, the issue, is that you have to take everything to new heights.

I'm saying you have to like Peyton, I'm glad you don't. I'm just saying you have crappy reasons for hating on him. But thats just my humble opinion against your not so humble.

well, like i've always said, manning is the best qb in league hands down, but since he plays for a team that is a legit threat (i know we usually own them, but they are a legit threat) i'm gonna hate him, and because i hate him, it means i respect him because he is a great player........so f'k manning

BlitzburghNation
02-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Dam,,,,,,Missed this one :banging: Far as hating players,here's the real reason to hate players,,,,,"EXAMPLE" pac-man jones,9 off the field bengirl players,,,,, T *** Hole :popcorn: Point is I respect the NFL and players that conduct themselves right, on & off the field !
I have nothing against manning and he's definetly got a 1st class coach !