PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best RB of all time ?

BlitzburghNation
02-20-2007, 07:03 PM
IMO it's Walter Payton :clap: I used to love watching him run,he ran with so much passion and would not go out of bounds,was also a helluva guy !

Steelerlyn
02-20-2007, 07:10 PM
IMO it's Walter Payton :clap: I used to love watching him run,he ran with so much passion and would not go out of bounds,was also a helluva guy !

Jim Brown was also very, very good. Payton did break Jim Brown's record.

PsychoWard
02-20-2007, 07:11 PM
i would have to say walter payton also!

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Walter Payton

BlitzburghNation
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM

Yes he was,,,,,,I've seen some old clips of jim brown ! But i still like walter better :greengrin: I really hated to see Emmit break his record,,,,,,,

Steelerlyn
02-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes he was,,,,,,I've seen some old clips of jim brown ! But i still like walter better :greengrin: I really hated to see Emmit break his record,,,,,,,

You know lol I also feel that way, I don't like to see to any of the records broken but.......... progress, right?

Captcoolhand
02-20-2007, 07:35 PM
what do you know about Jim Brown??????
Showing your age:lol: :lol:
As much as I hate the Browns, Jim Brown was the **** of his era

BlitzburghNation
02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
You know lol I also feel that way, I don't like to see to any of the records broken but.......... progress, right?

Wish it wasn't a cowboy though :banging: I think Ladian will break emmit's if he stay's healthy :bigthumb:
My avatar is Rusty's last picture,,,,,,he had many names !
Baby,Ola-pita,Monster,pizza pie,,,,,His original name was RUSTY ,,,,

House of Steel
02-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Barry Sanders deserve some recognition, I've never seen a guy run like this man did.

Steelerlyn
02-20-2007, 07:40 PM

:hilarious: :hilarious: Just between you, me and the fencepost, this is what I know about Jim Brown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Brown
and I love football history, for example Payton came in 4th for the Heisman, many cited it was because of his race and others wsaid it was because he went to too small of a school.

AZ_Steeler
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Barry Sanders, IMO, could of broke teh rushing record and Emitt would have finished a distant second! When you look at the team the Sanders played on during his career it wasn't really the best and things he was able to accomplish, especially when the defenses knew they were going to get a heavy dose of Sanders... truly amazzing :slap: ...it's just to bad he ended his career early!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2007, 08:16 PM
No question in my book, its Sweetness, hands down...

http://www.d2footballhalloffame.com/payton.jpg

Steelerlyn
02-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Barry Sanders, IMO, could of broke teh rushing record and Emitt would have finished a distant second! When you look at the team the Sanders played on during his career it wasn't really the best and things he was able to accomplish, especially when the defenses knew they were going to get a heavy dose of Sanders... truly amazzing :slap: ...it's just to bad he ended his career early!

I completely agree with you and you are right. The Lions suck and have always sucked they won the championship back in the 50's before there was a superbowl. I heard that the real reason Sanders left was because the Lions would not let him ever leave. When I first heard this (on the local sports radio channels in Lansing, MI) I thought that was strange because I thought a player could pretty much leave when they wanted to, can't they?

Black@Gold Forever32
02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
How can you answer this question? Could you go wrong with Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith? All four of these RB's were special players and dominated their respective eras. I would be happy with any of these four on my team.

I say in 5-7 years will be adding LaDanian Tomlinson in this conversation as well.

troyez70
02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
So far as pure moves and refusal to be tackled I'd go with Barry Sanders. If he would have had Emmitt Smith's O-line, he would have had the record by 5000 yards. One of my favorites who should get more respect and consideration than he does is Eric Dickerson. He could flat out fly! The younger members won't remember watching him, but in his prime, he was much better than L Tomlinson. On any play he could go all the way because he had the top gear that very few backs have. Also, he played against the real "LT," which made the carries more difficult! We cannot forget Bo Jackson either - without his hip injury, he very well may have reached the top of the rushing list. Oh well, these picks are guys who had the best pure talent in my opinion - to each his own. Troy

K Train
02-20-2007, 11:13 PM
i heard it was reggie bush lol

BlackGold4vr
02-20-2007, 11:47 PM

Jim Brown dominated his era like Bill Russell did in basketball with the Celtics.
Both players retired when they were still at the top of their games. Jim Brown retired because he got bored with the game. He also played when there were only 12 games in a season! If you ever have a chance to watch him play (old footage) he was very special! He had the rarest of talent as he was a power runner with breakaway speed! I truly believe that had he played another 4 years they might still be chasing his record. He could break 4 or 5 tackles and then run away from defenders! :hail: Jim Brown

BengalBrian
02-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Gotta go with Walter on this as well

TEEMONT
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Barry Sanders would run circles around Walter

dick rasile
02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Did you notice that JB played nine years.

RW318
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
So far as pure moves and refusal to be tackled I'd go with Barry Sanders. If he would have had Emmitt Smith's O-line, he would have had the record by 5000 yards.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.