PDA

View Full Version : I don't totally agree with Rod Woodson

SuperSteelers
06-21-2018, 01:06 AM
He claims that the Steelers don't have any playmakers on defense. That is a little hard for me to swallow. I believe some of the blame needs to go on the coaching staff for not putting players in a position to make plays. Kind of hard to make plays when you come out flat every other Sunday. That squarely falls on the coach staff.

Steelcody36
06-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Shazier was our only legitimate "playmaker" on defense. He can barely walk now, so Rod is correct. Watt isn't there yet and guys like Tuitt and Heyward aren't consistently great either.

SuperSteelers
06-26-2018, 09:38 PM
Shazier was our only legitimate "playmaker" on defense. He can barely walk now, so Rod is correct. Watt isn't there yet and guys like Tuitt and Heyward aren't consistently great either.

I'm not buying that Shazier was the only playmaker on the defense. Sure he made plays but when he went down the biggest thing they lost was his communication and leadership. Not having those traits on the field made the defense look like the keystone cops at times. The coaching staff had no back up plan for losing Shaz. So technically he was the difference in getting players in the right position to make plays. After he was lost for the season so was the coaching staff.