PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Clarifies What Happened Pre-Game Last Sunday

steelspikes
09-27-2017, 12:39 AM
This is worth a watch and listen:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000852014/article/tomlin-were-not-interested-in-making-statements

It makes what went down at Soldier Field a lot more palatable.

ChucktownSteeler
09-28-2017, 10:55 AM
I think after letting the dust settle and hearing a few reports of late (especially from Pouncey) this was a big misunderstanding. I feel the team wanted to be united and probably a few (Bell, Bryant) were going to take a knee. The players got together (mind you this is a young team) and thought staying in the locker-room was better than the team not being united on the sidelines. I can even see to a point were AV (probably emotions kicked in) left the tunnel for the National Anthem). I am a fair person, willing to give them a 2nd chance. But, next Sunday and the remainder of the season the participation has to be 100% standing on the sidelines.

This really falls on Tomlin & Co, He should have made the expectations know as a Pittsburgh Steeler and not let 20 something vote on the outcome.

Real Deal Steel
09-29-2017, 01:08 PM
There were a lot of upsets that weekend because clearly players were not focused around the league.

A lot of bottom feeders won games they would have normally lost under normal circumstances.