PDA

View Full Version : Massively Outgunned, Tomlin Opts for Standoff

steelspikes
10-23-2016, 08:57 PM
The 4th and 2 call, trailing by 11, with your 2nd string QB and a hobbled receiving corp, facing the great NE Pats who are fully loaded? Only chance Steelers had to win this game was to "let it rip," take risks when the situation called for it, and get a few breaks. After getting a fumble recovery in the fourth quarter, why try a 54 yard FG at treacherous Heinz? Yeah, I get the math, but you've got the NFL's best RB and a good O-line. Only genuine chance to win this game was to score 2 fourth quarter TDs. I think Tomlin's decision here had to be deflating to the Steelers; it was essentially a "no confidence" vote in the offense under Landry Jones. Even if you go for it in this situation and get stopped, at least it would mean you tried to win the friggin game.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2016, 12:33 AM
The Pats have taken control of the AFC again.

SuperSteelers
10-24-2016, 02:45 AM
I thought Dumblin challenging a ball that was clearly a catch by Gronk was just as idiotic as the 4th and 2 call.

Rocky#20
10-24-2016, 09:31 AM
The 4th and 2 call, trailing by 11, with your 2nd string QB and a hobbled receiving corp, facing the great NE Pats who are fully loaded? Only chance Steelers had to win this game was to "let it rip," take risks when the situation called for it, and get a few breaks. After getting a fumble recovery in the fourth quarter, why try a 54 yard FG at treacherous Heinz? Yeah, I get the math, but you've got the NFL's best RB and a good O-line. Only genuine chance to win this game was to score 2 fourth quarter TDs. I think Tomlin's decision here had to be deflating to the Steelers; it was essentially a "no confidence" vote in the offense under Landry Jones. Even if you go for it in this situation and get stopped, at least it would mean you tried to win the friggin game.
I was at the game yesterday and when the FG team came on the field everyone thought that it would be a fake. No one in their right mind actually thought they would try a 54 yd FG into the open end.

ChucktownSteeler
10-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Belicheat plays chess, Dumblin plays checkers.

steelspikes
10-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Belicheat plays chess, Dumblin plays checkers.
And Bilicheat's a Grandmaster. Dumblin couldn't win a barber shop checkers tournament.

steelspikes
10-24-2016, 12:23 PM
I was at the game yesterday and when the FG team came on the field everyone thought that it would be a fake. No one in their right mind actually thought they would try a 54 yd FG into the open end. And why even try a fake, as if you're playing some mentally challenged opponent? That might have been even dumber, and I wouldn't want to go that low on MT. Just grow a pair and go for it.

steelspikes
10-24-2016, 12:25 PM
I thought Dumblin challenging a ball that was clearly a catch by Gronk was just as idiotic as the 4th and 2 call. Yeah, made no sense at all.

Real Deal Steel
10-24-2016, 03:45 PM
The best thing that could have happened to us is the bye week.

SuperSteelers
10-30-2016, 01:51 AM
Yeah, made no sense at all.

What makes me even more sick to my stomach is that this asshat will most likely be here coaching (I mean caretaking) for the rest of Ben's career, which means that Ben may never win another Superbowl. No Tomlin's first Superbowl win does not count because he was given the keys to the Ferrari that just needed a little tuning. Now that most of those original players are gone we are seeing the real Tomlin team, which most likely would be a sub .500 team if it were not for Ben. He is not capable of consistently drafting quality players. Tomlin = Barry Switzer.

NeilPatrickBanana
10-31-2016, 03:49 PM
We will be healthy and may get our first look at Ladarius Green this week. I haven't heard if DuPree is playing or not. I don't think so.

SuperSteelers
11-01-2016, 01:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F0Qy1WPFDY

ChucktownSteeler
11-01-2016, 03:56 PM
I don't agree 100%, but he is about 90% correct.

"They are not buttoned-up".

I think Tomlin gets lazy during the week of with an upcoming opponent sub-.500. The team sees this and follows suit. it's happened too many times not to be true.

I saw where Tomlin said it was "hot in Miami". First of all, isn't it also hot for the Dolphins. Secondly, the Dolphins came to Pittsburgh a few years back in late December and with our play-off hopes on the line and beat Tomlin. So much for that excuse, Mikey.