PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 - The good, the bad, the ugly

ChucktownSteeler
10-10-2016, 12:14 PM
A little late, but brief synopsis on the game:

The good - The offense is getting scary good, the sacks are down and Ben isn't being pummeled week after week. When the O-line gives him time is is a deadly field general. Hats off to Haley and Munchak. The offense is rounding out to one of the best in the league. Also, for the players that "stepped up", Dangerfield and Hubbard. Looks like we have solid OL backups in Wallace, Finney, and Hubbard. Great job. Jesse James is growing up before our eyes and impressing. Bell - The best RB in the league right now, bar done. I am going out on a limb but I say extend him asap. Also penalties were lower than the week before. Also, I am glad to see A. Brown not twerking after a TD. What concerns me though is his post game comment, he is "saving" them for meaningful events. By this I hope he doesn't mean big games or the play-offs. That would be ill-advised and costly.

The bad - The team was unprepared yet again. I dunno, maybe Tomlin is one of those guys that feels it's better not to prepare. One of the worst QBs in the league (9 ints) carved us up in their first drive. He was on most of the day and moved the chains at will. I know the defense held, but this won't be the case against quality teams and QBs. (i.e Brady).

The ugly - (2) things stood out yesterday, the completely assoholic, idiotic fake FG early in the game. If you want to go on 4th down put the ball in Ben or Bell's hands, not the punter. Terrible! Lastly the secondary is quite possibly the worst I've seen and Butler's "tackle the catch" softee defense will be dismantled and embarrassed by a good team. This really concerns me.

NeilPatrickBanana
10-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Good write-up, pretty much spot on. Heyward set to miss 2 - 3 weeks