PDA

View Full Version : A complete and utter debacle

ChucktownSteeler
09-26-2016, 02:04 AM
Out coached, out prepared, out played, out hustled. Completely humiliated on a national stage to the extent the network yanked the embarrassment of a team.

I would say this team quit but then again I am never sure it ever wanted to start. No heart, no gut. Yes, Noll and Cowher's team lost and were blown out as well, but they never quit. They never played without passion or heart.

Burns and Davis are clueless out there, that I can understand they are rookies. But the problem is they have no talent or technique. They constantly are taking wrong angles and neither can tackle. Unacceptable at this level.

Why isn't Gilbert returning kick-offs? That is one aspect he excelled at for the Browns. We had a 15-yard penalty accessed against the Eagles on the kick-off and Touisant fielded the ball at the 5 yard line and din't even make it to the 20-yard.

The injuries are ridiculous. These players have to realize they are in the NFL and at times you have to play through pain. Timmons I believe is done, Jarvis Jones is a total bust and just going through the motions, Shazier is a china doll in the mold of Pouncey, and I doubt we see Dupree this year. Our LBs consist of Harrison, Chickello, Dirt Red, and Moats. WTF???? We've spent 3 or 4 #1 pick on LBs and this what we have. Don't get me started on the most overrated Steeler of all-time, Pouncey. His shot gun snaps are the worst in the league, bar none. Half-assed Ben was picking them off the turf all day.

What a debacle.

Real Deal Steel
09-26-2016, 07:13 AM
This is why I know we won't be winning any championships any time soon. What championship team is totally unprepared and not ready to play? Giving games away?

Terry Bradshaw ripped the Steelers yesterday too. Saying they did not come prepared to play.

steelspikes
09-26-2016, 01:32 PM
It's early in the season, but the indices are not good. They beat a confused first-game Redskin team with big plays. They hung on at home against a surging Bengals squad and were saved by a late bad call by the officials. And now this debacle. I never bought into the pre-season and hype that this was a Superbowl contender.
Their unproven defense is crumbling already. Wthout Bryant at 2nd wideout, the receiver corp is subpar, minus AB, of course. Coates is one dimensional, and raw. The off-season aquisition at TE is a no-show. Jesse James is ok, but no Heath Miller. Wheaton has become the butt of jokes. Can Le'Veon save the day? Can he stay healthy????

Real Deal Steel
09-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Wheaton is a joke. He's regressed from year one.

Clevelandsux
09-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Lighten up guys. Yes it was an ugly loss. But I think it might be the swift kick in the *** they need. They believed their own hype and thought all they had to do was show up. The game was awful and embarrassing. They better never let it happen again. They are a better team than this. Everyone knows it.

Remember in 1974 steelers got shutout at home vs the raiders. In 1979 the steelers got blown out 34-10 vs a 4-12 bengals team and 35-7 vs the chargers. In 1995 they got blown out by the Vikings and bengals and lost to the expansion jaguars. 2005 they got blown out on Monday night by the colts.1997 got blown out on opening day vs the cowboys. 1989 got blown out by the browns 51-0 and bengals 41-10. 2011 lost opener to ravens 35-7. 1994 got blown out by cowboys on opening day. 2014 lost to the browns 31-10 and lost to a 2-14 bucs team at home and a 4-12 jets team.

All these losses were ugly. But all these teams made the playoffs, went to the super bowl or even won it.

As bad as Sunday's loss was. It's still one loss.

SuperSteelers
09-28-2016, 12:37 PM
I like your enthusiasm clevelandsux. Lets hope they will not be defined by this one game. Hopefully they can clean some stuff up this week and play a more competitive game against the Chiefs. Win or lose, I just want to see some signs that the team is headed in the right direction.

ChucktownSteeler
09-28-2016, 12:51 PM
I hope you are right and I always say we have been blown out under Noll and Cowher as well. The game against the Iggles it just seemed like they quit. Also, the injuries are piling up. I hope Ben isn't injured, but I also got to thinking he has played with some extremely green WRs and TE so far: Rogers, Coates, J. James. It may take a while to get them all on the same page. I'd still like to see DHB getting more playing time.

Time will tell and the Chiefs are a formidable opponent. Tell me again why we didn't draft Marcus Peters instead of Saquez Golsen?

Real Deal Steel
09-28-2016, 07:29 PM
I hope he's right too but they can't even settle on a wide receiver opposite of AB. Make a *ucking decision and let the guy stay over there and play. How many chances does Wheaton need to show you he can't get the job done over there??

afper2244
09-30-2016, 06:11 PM
I hope you are right and I always say we have been blown out under Noll and Cowher as well. The game against the Iggles it just seemed like they quit. Also, the injuries are piling up. I hope Ben isn't injured, but I also got to thinking he has played with some extremely green WRs and TE so far: Rogers, Coates, J. James. It may take a while to get them all on the same page. I'd still like to see DHB getting more playing time.

Time will tell and the Chiefs are a formidable opponent. Tell me again why we didn't draft Marcus Peters instead of Saquez Golsen?

Because peters was drafted before we even took dupree. We had no opportunity to draft him