PDA

View Full Version : Lev'on Bell, your thoughts?

Real Deal Steel
07-22-2016, 11:46 AM
This guy is suspended again for another 4 games because he ducked a drug test. That means because of drug related issues, this guy has missed a half a season of games ( 8 games) and then him always being hurt at the end of the year too? It's time to invest at least a 3rd round pick into another running back.

We need someone who is dependable and non-fragile. This guy from his drug related issues just doesn't understand that playing in the NFL is a privilege; not a right.

ChucktownSteeler
07-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Just saw this, what an *******. I'd leave him play out this season and leave him go. RBs can be drafted rather easily these days. With the injuries and dope smoking he isn't worth a new contract.

Clevelandsux
07-22-2016, 02:28 PM
I first heard about this about a month ago. But it came from Mark Madden which has no credibility in my book. But remember, like Bryant, this is Bells second offense. He's already been suspended 4 games. Both failed to show up for drug tests. Bryant has already been suspended the whole season. Bell could be too. I think it's time for the Steelers organization to put the foot down and get rid of players like these. No matter how talented they maybe. And Bell may have just made the Rooneys decision easier on whether or not to resign him.

Clevelandsux
07-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Could you see Franco Harris or Jerome Bettis doing something so selfish?

SuperSteelers
07-23-2016, 02:43 AM
Just saw this, what an *******. I'd leave him play out this season and leave him go. RBs can be drafted rather easily these days. With the injuries and dope smoking he isn't worth a new contract.

I couldn't have said it any better. Well done!!!

Real Deal Steel
07-25-2016, 11:01 AM
Well, now that it's come out that he's been ducking several drug test, it's pretty obvious that he has it as bad as Josh Gordon does/did. I think Leve'on is in the "Ricky Williams" zone in regard to not wanting to give up marijuana so it's really time to move on from him.

Obviously, he didn't take not of how fast we got rid of Santonio Holmes but Bell will be jettisoned from this organization in the same manner.

ChucktownSteeler
07-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Correct, if and when he returns this season you run the wheels off of him and then show him the door. RBs can be drafted in the mid-rounds these days. Not a big deal, especially with him coming off 2 knee injuries. This frees up money now to concentrate on AB and Decastro.

Real Deal Steel
07-28-2016, 10:15 AM
You know,,I hate the idea of an asset leaving and us not getting anything back. With that said, Bell's stock is low right now because of his boneheaded attempt to avoid testing. If we could sign him right now to a modest extension, I'd then like to run the breaks off of him and still draft his replacement in the 2017 draft and trade Bell. Maybe recoup a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. I just hate seeing us not get nothing for him.

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Let him walk. If he wants to too much $$$ in his next contract.

ChucktownSteeler
08-01-2016, 06:45 PM
This define ly hurts his market value.

Pittsburgh74
08-08-2016, 06:47 PM
DeAngelo can be a band-aid for 1 more season, but it should be addressed in the off season.

ChucktownSteeler
08-08-2016, 07:14 PM
I think it may al depend upon his asking price. If we can get him for 4 years or so at 10 million a year I may be tempted to sign him. A good note is if he gets the full season ban he doesn't count against the cap. Higher price than that I let him walk.

SuperSteelers
08-19-2016, 08:17 PM
The news coming out has Bell only missing 3 games now. Just a matter of time before he is busted again.

Clevelandsux
08-19-2016, 08:30 PM
So much for his prophecy that he was going to get off.

SuperSteelers
08-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Don't forget the bold face lie that he never failed a test or missed a test.

HumanPudding
08-21-2016, 12:16 AM
It's so disappointing to me that two of the most exciting and young players in the league are both suspended. What's more disappointing? That they are both steelers.

Real Deal Steel
08-21-2016, 02:57 PM
We need to take another runningback no later then the 5th round in the next draft.