PDA

View Full Version : ben simply isnt elite....

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 07:38 PM
.....game after game where seven points are needed, he simply doesnt come up big...how many years since ben did something in a big game and put big points on the board to win when it counts?

im tired of hearing big stats during the season...and when it comes down to it....

he gets field goals...and we lose ...again...

SuperSteelers
01-17-2016, 07:42 PM
He is definitely no Brady or Rogers.

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 07:44 PM
He just doesn't have the coaching behind him. This team is loaded with offensive weapons, perhaps the best in the NFL. Just to game savvy from the staff.

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 07:47 PM
He just doesn't have the coaching behind him. This team is loaded with offensive weapons, perhaps the best in the NFL. Just to game savvy from the staff.

he's a seasoned vet...he should be able to carry the team by now....

so maybe next year, we can be treated to another show of 'high powered' offense, ben piling up stats, and when it comes down to it.....squeak into the playoffs again as the 'best of the losers', and then be one and done when ben gives us 13 points again....yeah...elite...wooohoooooo

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 07:51 PM
I dunno know, hard to imagine this team losing like this. All the weapons on offense wasted. You have to go for the throat from the onset but we still love field goals.

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 07:56 PM
I dunno know, hard to imagine this team losing like this. All the weapons on offense wasted. You have to go for the throat from the onset but we still love field goals.

this has been the story of ben's offense since the loss in 2010 sb vs greenbay...when seven are needed he cant get it done in the big games....

someone prove me wrong....yeah...thats what i thought

SuperSteelers
01-17-2016, 07:59 PM
this has been the story of ben's offense since the loss in 2010 sb vs greenbay...when seven are needed he cant get it done in the big games....

someone prove me wrong....yeah...thats what i thought

No one is going to argue that because you are right. It has been a long time.

muncher
01-17-2016, 08:03 PM
takes stupid sacks that costs us field posiiotn

Steelerddan
01-17-2016, 08:12 PM
You have to be out of your mind what weapons? His bes wr and his 2 best rbs were at home, let me guess maybe you thought they were out their today which would make sense judging on how absolutely clueless you are.

muncher
01-17-2016, 08:13 PM
tomlin chokes away another easy win

Steelerddan
01-17-2016, 08:17 PM
So how's the champaign taste after celebrating this Steelers loss? You must be very happy. And please explain how Tomlin choked this one away?

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 08:19 PM
You have to be out of your mind what weapons? His bes wr and his 2 best rbs were at home, let me guess maybe you thought they were out their today which would make sense judging on how absolutely clueless you are.

the dee stuff manning and the broncos, holding them, at one point, to nine points...we have three drives and came away with three field goals....anyone of those is finished out...and the game changes and we win...ben wasnt able to get any of them into the endzone...elite qb's do that.....he threw for over three hundred yards again...and couldnt get seven when it is needed, in the clutch...but creeky manning who cant hit the broad side of a barn...drove to the winning td WHEN HE HAD TO....that is the difference...

five plus years and counting since ben last was clutch in a big game

Rocky#20
01-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Ben was driving us during the final drive, but the last 2 plays their D-line just tore our O-line apart and that was the game.

muncher
01-17-2016, 08:23 PM
So how's the champaign taste after celebrating this Steelers loss? You must be very happy. And please explain how Tomlin choked this one away?

timeout before 2 minute warning
not kicking fgs
putting wheaton back ther after numerous muffs

now, i am still waitng for you to tell me what whats tomlin a great coach...lol

cbyzerman
01-17-2016, 08:29 PM
timeout before 2 minute warning
not kicking fgs
putting wheaton back ther after numerous muffs

now, i am still waitng for you to tell me what whats tomlin a great coach...lol

Listen heres the thing, Ben has never been elite cause there is only 3 qbs in league that are elite but he is still in top 5. If you gave tom brady this team he goes 15-1 or better. It is all in the mind and brady and rodgers mind is quicker than bens but that being said ben is better than 9% of league........5

Steelerddan
01-17-2016, 08:30 PM
Today s game tells you why, team came out under dire circumstances out manned minus their best offensive weapons bang up QB and out played the Broncos for 3 and half Qts if it wasn't for that scrub 3rd string Rb fumbling inside the 30 the Steelers win that game period. This team was well prepared made only a few mistakes and the defense stepped up big time. This loss had nothing to do with Tomlin he put them in a position to ein Scrub boy Todman lost it for them.

muncher
01-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Today s game tells you why, team came out under dire circumstances out manned minus their best offensive weapons bang up QB and out played the Broncos for 3 and half Qts if it wasn't for that scrub 3rd string Rb fumbling inside the 30 the Steelers win that game period. This team was well prepared made only a few mistakes and the defense stepped up big time. This loss had nothing to do with Tomlin he put them in a position to ein Scrub boy Todman lost it for them.

wrong again.
go to bed girlie, its a school night

The Chin
01-17-2016, 08:37 PM
wrong again.
go to bed girlie, its a school night

What a classy place. Does this place have an Admin, or let me guess, it is "Muncher?" lol

Steelerddan, you should PM me and maybe we can find a place with Steeler fans.

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 08:41 PM
again, to chin and sdan....five plus years since ben was clutch in a big game with seven points when needed.....big stats during parts of the season....but when it comes down to it....in the playoffs, you need seven points over and over...when your defense has played great and has held the the opposing team to 9 points....and all you can do is get three field goals....then your qb isnt getting the job done.....

SuperSteelers
01-17-2016, 08:43 PM
What a classy place. Does this place have an Admin, or let me guess, it is "Muncher?" lol

Sorry this forum isn't all rah-rah enough for you and speaks the truth.

The Chin
01-17-2016, 08:46 PM
again, to chin and sdan....five plus years since ben was clutch in a big game with seven points when needed.....big stats during parts of the season....but when it comes down to it....in the playoffs, you need seven points over and over...when your defense has played great and has held the the opposing team to 9 points....and all you can do is get three field goals....then your qb isnt getting the job done.....

So, the first Denver game this season was five years ago? Time flies!

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 08:50 PM
So, the first Denver game this season was five years ago? Time flies!

please, that was one half, versus denver minus their starting safeties...and that wasnt a big game, you know damn well what i mean...when the chips are down and we need seven to win a big game....ben is the Field Goal general...itz been five plus years of field goal ben....and no one can argue that.

this game this year...the cincy game before he was out...last years raven playoff....keep going back....show me the elite qb that takes the team in the big game and wins it, instead of getting a field goal, over and over and over...and losing, AGAIN.

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 08:50 PM

Bryant, Wheatn, DHB, and Coates. Not chopped liver. Heath and James, Decent TEs. Williams did nothing last game running the ball. There is still a ton of weapons on this team being squandered. Maybe time for a new OC.

The Chin
01-17-2016, 08:51 PM
Sorry this forum isn't all rah-rah enough for you and speaks the truth.

It's not about "rah-rah."

Its forst about being polite.

Its second about being fair. You guys pretend that all of the injuries do not matter. Someone actually said we had an easy win, even though virtually no one in the media chose us to win. Its pretending that just because he threw it hard, it did not imopact him at all. Its ignoring that we probably win without Bell and Williams being hurt, putting Toussaint in to fumble. Its ignoring what HUGE players Brown, Bell, Williams, Pouncey, abd Beachum are.

Why is that? Nearly EVERY media type thought we should lose because of the above points. No one here thinks it matters.

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 08:52 PM

I'm the admin and if you don't like why did you come back, Big T?

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 08:53 PM

Its second about being fair. You guys pretend that all of the injuries do not matter. Someone actually said we had an easy win, even though virtually no one in the media chose us to win. Its pretending that just because he threw it hard, it did not imopact him at all. Its ignoring that we probably win without Bell and Williams being hurt, putting Toussaint in to fumble. Its ignoring what HUGE players Brown, Bell, Williams, Pouncey, abd Beachum are.

Why is that? Nearly EVERY media type thought we should lose because of the above points. No one here thinks it matters.

This was a very winnable game.

muncher
01-17-2016, 08:53 PM

it was a good excuse before the game. durng the game, we had numerous opportunities to make plays and take a big lead with the talent on the field. they choked

The Chin
01-17-2016, 08:54 PM
please, that was one half, versus denver minus their starting safeties...and that wasnt a big game, you know damn well what i mean...when the chips are down and we need seven to win a big game....ben is the Field Goal general...itz been five plus years of field goal ben....and no one can argue that.

this game this year...the cincy game before he was out...last years raven playoff....keep going back....show me the elite qb that takes the team in the big game and wins it, instead of getting a field goal, over and over and over...and losing, AGAIN.

That was a "must win" game. And Ben threw the winning score in the last 3 minutes or so. And their safeties? lol Yeah "it was only because there safweties are out", but us losing Bell, Williams, Pouncey, AB, and Beachum mean nothing?

teeceemadison
01-17-2016, 09:02 PM
That was a "must win" game. And Ben threw the winning score in the last 3 minutes or so. And their safeties? lol Yeah "it was only because there safweties are out", but us losing Bell, Williams, Pouncey, AB, and Beachum mean nothing?

they played most of the season without them and still won, in the REGULAR SEASON....when the post season arrived, ben was nothing, penalites got us the winning fg against cincy and against denver today...three fieldgoals was all this elite qb could muster, when ONE TD would have changed the game.......creaky manning led a sixty yard drive in clutch time for a WINNING TD in the PLAYOFFS...when was the last time we said that about ben???

oh yeah, FIVE PLUS YEARS AGO AND COUNTING....

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 09:23 PM
I love Ben, do't get me wrong but he takes way too many sacks at the worst possible time. Why can't Haley devise a "rolling pocket" of some sort. It seems like when Ben gets pressure straight up the gut he is a "deer in the headlights".

ChucktownSteeler
01-17-2016, 09:47 PM
But Peyton only has 1 Lombardi and it will probably stay that way.

Steelerddan
01-17-2016, 09:56 PM
I love Ben, do't get me wrong but he takes way too many sacks at the worst possible time. Why can't Haley devise a "rolling pocket" of some sort. It seems like when Ben gets pressure straight up the gut he is a "deer in the headlights".
That I actually agree with he needs to get rid off the ball.

cbyzerman
01-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Ben has not had a big win in a long time, It all started against the packerss in sbl. Ben has chance to be hero and goes 4 and out forcing 2 balls to mike wallace who is double covered when he has heath miller running up the middle of the field all alone. Friggin Eli manning would have went right down the field.

Real Deal Steel
01-18-2016, 09:06 AM
Ben starts games out with 3 & 5 step drop passes but as the game goes, he does less and less.
And settles right back to 7 step (and then extends) drop passes.

ChucktownSteeler
01-18-2016, 02:28 PM
He needs to quit taking sacks and the coaches need to get him to roll the pocket a bit. If Ben gets pressure up the middle he is toast.

steelspikes
01-18-2016, 05:00 PM

Agree. Ben's decision-making is the issue, not his talent-level. His greatest enemy is impatience. For example,going for broke on 4th and less than one, when Heath was wide open for the first. Take the first dummy, or risk taking points off the board!
And that's what happened. Ben figured he'd have ample opportunity to score later. Wrong. Against a top-tier defense you need to take the points at hand, even early in the game.