PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs=New Deal + New Stadium???

kgreen
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
The Pens are currently in a great position for a Post season spot. They are one of the hotest teams in the NHL. My thought now is: Could a playoff berth give the Penguins a new Arena? :dunno: It would nice they havn't been in a long time. I would love to see this happen:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 11:19 PM
It would give them more leverage, but it wouldn't guarantee anything. They deserve it though, the igloo is long since out of date even though it is such an icon to behold.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 11:31 PM
why do y'all need a new arean it's just hockey, the ice isn't gonna change, and more fans ain't gonna come around

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 11:37 PM
why do y'all need a new arean it's just hockey, the ice isn't gonna change, and more fans ain't gonna come around

Why did the Steelers need a new stadium then?

Koopa
02-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Why did the Steelers need a new stadium then?

football >>>>>>>>>>>>> hockey

and they have more fans and needed to upgrade, no one watches hockey, only now because they are winning, but once the losing starts again the arenas won't be full anymore

TEEMONT
02-19-2007, 12:52 AM
football >>>>>>>>>>>>> hockey

and they have more fans and needed to upgrade, no one watches hockey, only now because they are winning, but once the losing starts again the arenas won't be full anymore

Wrong....the Pirates have been losing forever now, and the new stadium alone is breakin attendance records every year. I know you don't think hockey has a following, but it's following is a lot more loyal than that of the NBA, which isn't even a sport anymore, just a bunch of overated cover boys playing one on one.

Anyone seen the ESPN news commercials? Thats Koop...talkin out his.......well you get it.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2007, 01:15 AM
A new stadium or arena for a sports team means more than just wins, it means more money for the team, the corporate sponsors, and helps attract more FA's too.

Koopa
02-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Wrong....the Pirates have been losing forever now, and the new stadium alone is breakin attendance records every year. I know you don't think hockey has a following, but it's following is a lot more loyal than that of the NBA, which isn't even a sport anymore, just a bunch of overated cover boys playing one on one.

Anyone seen the ESPN news commercials? Thats Koop...talkin out his.......well you get it.

pirates??? ain't that the baseball team?? i thought we were talking about hockey

TEEMONT
02-19-2007, 02:06 AM
pirates??? ain't that the baseball team?? i thought we were talking about hockey

Yes...I was using them as an example....

Prosdo
02-19-2007, 02:08 AM
The Pens need a new arena. It's the oldest one in the NHL I believe. A new arena as TG said means more money. A new arena would bring in more concerts, shows, and other events. Also I think they were talking about adding very profitable luxury boxes.

kgreen
02-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah I mean look at PNC park and compare it TRS. They don't match up at least as baseball stadiums. PNC park is just beautiful and it attracts fans winning team or not. Now like I have just posted, the Pens are hot. Who wouldn't want to see this team right now? Now, if they got the new arena, man it would sell out. Because, remember Mario is still chairman of this team and let's face it, everyone love Mario.

Maybe if they named it the Mario Arena or 66 Arena................

BBG7
02-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree the Pens need a new arena. I don't know if the winning will help, but it can't hurt either! I just hope the whole mess gets taken care of or else the Pens will be moving...and none of us want that to happen-well except Koopa...lol!!!

Koopa
02-19-2007, 02:03 PM
oh i want them to get a new arean..........however i want it to be in kansas city :lol:

BBG7
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
oh i want them to get a new arean..........however i want it to be in kansas city :lol:

haha funny guy here :nono: