PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen making a comeback !?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4560894.html

http://www.interbasket.net/players/usa/pippen5.jpg

PRO BASKETBALL
Pippen eyeing return to NBA
Tired of retirement, Scottie Pippen says he wants to return to the NBA for a chance to win his seventh championship ring.

Pippen, 41, said Friday he is hoping for a late-season return to a contending team preferably in a warm-weather city nearly 2 1/2 years after he left the league.

"I know that I have the skills," Pippen said. "I think it's sort of been on my mind the last couple of months. It's just about me going out and polishing my skills."

He hasn't played since his retirement on Oct. 5, 2004, following a 17-season career with Chicago, the Rockets and Portland. He won six titles with the Bulls in his famed role as Michael Jordan's wingman.

Ive always been a huge Pippen fan so this definitely peeked my curiosity.

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I loved Pippen with the Bulls. My only wish, the Cleveland Cavaliers get him and he would help out LeBron James big time. Oh that would be so awesome.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Didn't he learn anything from watching the Jordan comebacks?

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 09:48 PM
who ask you bitch? :bigfinger:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
:bigfinger: He has nothing left in the tank. :bigfinger: Probably needs the $$$. Oh and HOS if you got a problem. Get your but in the poker room so we can settle it.

Steelx
02-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I loved Pippen with the Bulls. My only wish, the Cleveland Cavaliers get him and he would help out LeBron James big time. Oh that would be so awesome.
There is an article somewhere that says he would be willing to come to the Cavaliers. Even if he didnt get off the bench he would be better then Scott Pollard thats for sure

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
He'd be a compliment, a bench guy, someone to help out and be a veteran presence and leader. For that much I'd be willing to give him a shot for the right price.

K Train
02-18-2007, 11:26 PM
washed up imo

Koopa
02-18-2007, 11:34 PM
pippen used to be my favorite non spurs back in the days

he is a dumbass for thinking of coming back, he is over 40, and can not keep up with the younger players of the league

he would not help any team at all, he'll just cause a log jam, and barely even play

he needs to stay retired so he doesn't prolong his induction into the basketball hall of fame

what's next??? david robinson gonna come out of retirement too?? lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Staying away from the game is harder than we could ever realize. When you pour so much of your life into something and then have to walk away you'll look for any way possible to give it one last shot.

AZ_Steeler
02-18-2007, 11:38 PM
what's next??? david robinson gonna come out of retirement too?? lol

Followed by Jordan... again then Barkley especially after beating the old ref dude in the sprint :lol:

Pippen was one of my fav's too but IMO it's not worth trying to come back... maybe someone should gave him a 10 day contract just so he can play a little so he will realize he shouldn't come back!

Koopa
02-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Followed by Jordan... again then Barkley especially after beating the old ref dude in the sprint :lol:

Pippen was one of my fav's too but IMO it's not worth trying to come back... maybe someone should gave him a 10 day contract just so he can play a little so he will realize he shouldn't come back!

it should be the suns so he can realize he can't keep up in a fast *** tempo lol

AZ_Steeler
02-18-2007, 11:51 PM
it should be the suns so he can realize he can't keep up in a fast *** tempo lol

Defnitely!!! :lol: He would would be cherry picking the whole game!!!

House of Steel
02-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Barkley back in the NBA? BAWAWAHAHAHA, I couldn't stand that FAT *** in a Suns jersey.

Jordan, I can see him tempted to come back for a third stunt in the NBA if Pippen came back, that would be something, can you imagine Jordan, Pippen, and James on the same team in Cleveland, YIKES!!!

David Robinson used to be one of my all time favorite Players. He was just domination at its finest.

One player I hated the most, Karl the Mailman Malone, what a douchebag. Also, I absolutely can't stand Gary Payton, boy would I love to go one on one with him and knock his *** on the floor.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Barkley will have to comeback. Just so he has money to gamble. :lol: