PDA

View Full Version : Gold 50-yard line numbers

SuperSteelers
08-22-2015, 10:18 PM
When I first saw the 50 yard-line number painted gold, I didn't think anything about it and blew it off to the Steelers/Vikings game being played on a neutral field. I didn't watch any games last week and tonight I'm watching the Denver/Houston game. I see that the 50s are painted gold again so I knew something was up and decided to do some research. I found the reason they are painted gold:

All 50s will be painted gold the whole season to commemorate the 50th Superbowl. The NFL will be dropping the Roman numerals for this Superbowl. Midway through the season the sideline apparel will have gold trim. Additionally, Pro Bowl uniforms will be tinged in Gold. Every Superbowl rematch on the 2015 schedule has been highlighted in gold on the NFL's webpage. Finally, the Superbowl winner will receive the numerals 5 and 0 in plated 18-karat gold and bronze designed by Tiffany in addition to the Lombardi Trophy.

Wanted to pass the info along just in case anyone else was wondering why the 50s were painted gold.

SuperSteelers
08-22-2015, 10:55 PM
I think the NFL should show the fans a little appreciation by planting 50 golden tickets in some kind of product (candy bar, cereal box, sports drink, etc.). Each golden ticket winner gets an all expense paid trip to Superbowl 50. Instead they spend an enormous amount of money on a crappy trophy. Just my two cents.

jpele
08-23-2015, 09:02 PM
I think the NFL should show the fans a little appreciation by planting 50 golden tickets in some kind of product (candy bar, cereal box, sports drink, etc.). Each golden ticket winner gets an all expense paid trip to Superbowl 50. Instead they spend an enormous amount of money on a crappy trophy. Just my two cents.

You've been watching " Willie Wonka". The NFL do something for the fans, in your dreams. Thanks SuperSteeler, I was curious about the markings but too lazy to look into the reason.

ChucktownSteeler
08-23-2015, 10:49 PM
You've been watching " Willie Wonka". The NFL do something for the fans, in your dreams. Thanks SuperSteeler, I was curious about the markings but too lazy to look into the reason.

LOL, same thing I was thinking.

JPele - Stop back anytime, you are missed!

SuperSteelers
08-24-2015, 02:00 PM
I am completely off the grid when it comes to cable TV or even local programming. I quit TV many years ago because I got tired of the ****** programming and non-stop commercials. If it has been reported I would have no way of knowing and thought some other fans might be interested in knowing who are in the same boat as myself.

PSYCHO STEELER
08-29-2015, 10:55 PM

What a great idea!

BowCatShot
08-30-2015, 08:27 AM
I am completely off the grid when it comes to cable TV or even local programming. I quit TV many years ago because I got tired of the ****** programming and non-stop commercials. If it has been reported I would have no way of knowing and thought some other fans might be interested in knowing who are in the same boat as myself.

I record just about everyting that I plan to watch, just so I can fast forward through the commercials.