PDA

View Full Version : Senquez Golson - Done for the year

ChucktownSteeler
08-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Most knowledgeable Steeler fans knew the pick of Golson in the 2nd round was assoholic at best and probably a panic move after the Ravens Ozzie Newsome swept in and plucked Max Williams form them the pick before. It now appears he will be placed on IR and possibly done for the year. Just another idiotic move from Tomlin-Colbert surrounding the draft. Most mocks had Golson a 5th round pick but we blow a chance a decent CB or even a NT on this bust. If Boykin plays 60% of the snaps the 5th round pick becomes a 4th round pick. So technically we blew a 2nd round pick last season and quite possibly a 4th round pick in next year's draft of Golson. What a joke-of-a-bust.

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/08/senquez-golson-to-injured-reserve-not-yet-an-option-for-steelers/

steelers75
08-04-2015, 10:18 AM
While the Golson injury is unfortunate, if Boykin plays well enough to price himself out of Pittsburgh in free agency, the Steelers could possibly get as high as a 3rd round comp pick in return, which would more than make up for the 4th rounder they traded to get him. Ever think of that, Mr. Wannabe Armchair GM? Yeah, didn't think so.

"Knowledgeable Steelers fans" LOL.

Steeltrap
08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
If, if, if..

If my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle. If, if, if..

A lot of "if's" and "could possibly's". support an argument on those. Not taking sides. Just saying....

ChucktownSteeler
08-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Saw a report this injury was before the draft. If so I'd cut him and send a message. I doubt he ever plays a down in the NFL anyway. fans realize he is short but he is also extremely light in weight, Dri Archer size. Wasted #2 pick in the mold of Bruce Davis, Scott Shields, etc.

Rocky#20
08-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Here are some of the Steelers #2 draft picks over the last 20 years-Mike Adams, Kraig Urbik, Limas Sweed, Bryant McFadden, Ricardo Colclough, Alonzo Jackson, Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell, Steve Conley and Kordell Stewart. If you pulled someone out of the crowd and had them pick your second round draft pick, could they do any worse?

steelers75
08-04-2015, 04:50 PM
If, if, if..

If my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle. If, if, if..

A lot of "if's" and "could possibly's". support an argument on those. Not taking sides. Just saying....

Yep, and all the people proclaiming him to be a bust before he's ever even taken a professional snap certainly have a rock solid argument themselves.

steelers75
08-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Here are some of the Steelers #2 draft picks over the last 20 years-Mike Adams, Kraig Urbik, Limas Sweed, Bryant McFadden, Ricardo Colclough, Alonzo Jackson, Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell, Steve Conley and Kordell Stewart. If you pulled someone out of the crowd and had them pick your second round draft pick, could they do any worse?

Cool story. Now show me a team that hits on every pick. I'll wait.

Rocky#20
08-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Cool story. Now show me a team that hits on every pick. I'll wait.

The Bengals 2nd round picks for the last 7 years are Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard, Devon Still, Andy Dalton, Carlos Dunlap, Rey Maualugo and Jerome Simpson. Not too many misses there.

steelers75
08-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Way to move those goalposts, bro. From 20 years down to the last 7. And Andy Dalton? Really? He's the single biggest reason they're still looking for their first playoff win in 25 years and counting. And what a brilliant move their front office made in backing the Brinks truck up to his door.

Still waiting.

ChucktownSteeler
08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Way to move those goalposts, bro. From 20 years down to the last 7. And Andy Dalton? Really? He's the single biggest reason they're still looking for their first playoff win in 25 years and counting. And what a brilliant move their front office made in backing the Brinks truck up to his door.

Still waiting.

Looks like you were schooled, NPB.

steelers75
08-04-2015, 11:52 PM

This from a dude who swears up and down that Cowher invented the fire zone blitz.

You don't know what getting "schooled" is, Junior.

ChucktownSteeler
08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
This from a dude who swears up and down that Cowher invented the fire zone blitz.

You don't know what getting "schooled" is, Junior.

Arsnbarger invented, Cowher discussed and refined it in KC and LeBlow generally refined it more and gets all the credit.

steelers75
08-05-2015, 04:15 PM
https://foolishreporter.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/revisionisthistory.jpg

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2015, 10:26 PM

Yep.

Real Deal Steel
08-05-2015, 10:29 PM
And what was I saying about them taking those two cornball, short *** corners anyway??? Those guys will not be able to cover adequetly any stud WR in our division. Now one's gone for the year with his weak *** and now were scrambling. Again....as usual.

Going forward...this team needs to use a first round pick on a quality cornerback. Not some hobbits.

steelers75
08-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Yep.

Nope. The fallacy of bitching about a 20 year sample size and then comparing it to a much smaller sample size (seven years) in an attempt to show how much more competent another team's front office supposedly is should be obvious to anyone possessing anything above a moron level IQ.

But what made it even more laughable was including a guy who is seriously beginning to look like he's never going to be anything more than a journeyman QB who should be holding a clipboard on the sideline behind a real franchise QB as a quality second rounder, especially when he is largely the the one holding the team back. Not to mention 2 RBs who aren't as good as Le'Veon Bell, who also conveniently wasn't named in the idiotic bitchfest about the Steelers 2nd round picks which was previously mentioned.

Still waiting.

Steeltrap
08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Look NPB,

You look pretty silly coming back here with a new name just to be a hard@ss. You look like a bitter old man. And your analogies are wrong and mean spirited. Everything about you is mean spirited. And if you don't be careful, Chuck is going to ban you again.

Your laughable dude.

Now..keeping to the issue of this thread content, we need to seriously use a first round draft pick on a legit cornerback. Not these runts and half @ss guys that we think we can "coach up" to be good cornerbacks. At some point, you get what you pay for. And cornerbacks are a premium position in this league.

To the credit of the front office, they did have their eye on Marcus Peters but the Chiefs took him before our pick.

steelspikes
08-06-2015, 03:19 PM
And what was I saying about them taking those two cornball, short *** corners anyway??? Those guys will not be able to cover adequetly any stud WR in our division. Now one's gone for the year with his weak *** and now were scrambling. Again....as usual.

Going forward...this team needs to use a first round pick on a quality cornerback. Not some hobbits.

This.

steelers75
08-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Look NPB,

You look pretty silly coming back here with a new name just to be a hard@ss. You look like a bitter old man. And your analogies are wrong and mean spirited. Everything about you is mean spirited. And if you don't be careful, Chuck is going to ban you again.

Again with the previously banned poster bit. :lol:

greg1964
08-08-2015, 10:38 AM
with post like this one: it no wonder this site almost died.

Clevelandsux
08-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Colbert and Tomlin better start getting **** right! This defense has needed an over haul for 4 years. Jones shazier and Thomas need to step it up!