PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency

Real Deal Steel
03-02-2015, 11:35 PM
I know, I know,

We don't really use it much but free agency is about to start so do you see anyone worth while that we may be able to pursue? Lets chop it up.

Steeltrap
03-06-2015, 01:18 PM
I don't know about the "may be able to pursue" part..

But truth be told, if we are going to try and win this division again, we need to upgrade the secondary in at least two spots. So with that said, I know is a tremendous long shot but I'd like for the front office to throw their hat in the ring in trying to go after McCourty. We need that type of safety play to really upgrade what's going back there. Yeah it's going to cost a pretty penny but its money well spent. I don't feel good about Mitchell and Shamarko is still too much of an unknown.

Don't get me wrong; I know I'm probably pipe dreaming but he sure would give us a leg up in bringing the defense up to snuff.

Steeltrap
03-09-2015, 12:14 PM
And the hits just keep on coming for the Ravens. LOL.
Losing Torrey Smith is going to hurt that offense. Steve Smith is a 100 years old and can't be expected to really strecth that defense. I'm loving all of the players the Ravens have lost in free agency.

Steeltrap
03-10-2015, 04:48 PM
No more Ngata to worry about.

Rocky#20
03-10-2015, 04:48 PM
And the hits just keep on coming for the Ravens. LOL.
Losing Torrey Smith is going to hurt that offense. Steve Smith is a 100 years old and can't be expected to really strecth that defense. I'm loving all of the players the Ravens have lost in free agency.

Goodbye Haloti Ngata. I can't believe the Ravens only got 2 mid level draft picks from the Lions for him.

Steeltrap
03-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Ngata is 31 years old. And his knees are starting to become an issue. Ravens drafted Jerrigan and someone else last year so they were preparing to cut Ngata lose. And they can parlay a 4th and 5th round picks into one 3rd round pick with the right sucker team. Ozzie did okay. Unfortunately.

Steeltrap
03-10-2015, 05:58 PM
The Bills are expressing interest in signing free agent CB Darrelle Revis.
Rex Ryan loves Revis and will obviously try to get him back. However, the Jets and Patriots are still considered the heavy favorites to land the free agency's No. 1 player. The Bills, Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs and others are just in the background.
Related: Bills
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2015, 06:00 PM
So does this mean we've made an offer to Revis? I'd like to think so.

Rocky#20
03-10-2015, 06:20 PM
So does this mean we've made an offer to Revis? I'd like to think so.

Yes, I just saw on the NFL network that the Steelers did make an offer to Revis, but the money Revis wanted was just too much for the Steelers to continue to pursue him.

JackLambert
03-10-2015, 06:24 PM
We are not signing Revis. Have you guys noticed our cap space?

ChucktownSteeler
03-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Revis signed with the Jets.

Ibleedblk&gld
03-11-2015, 12:40 AM
Worilds retiring.....

cali_fan
03-11-2015, 03:01 AM
We are not signing Revis. Have you guys noticed our cap space?

This^^
If we signed Revis for anywhere near what the Jets paid we'd be ****ed for years to come

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2015, 12:16 PM
With Woirlds retiring, I wonder do we look at a free agent now?

Rocky#20
03-11-2015, 07:40 PM
With Woirlds retiring, I wonder do we look at a free agent now?

Right now we have Arthur Moats and Jarvis Jones, that isn't getting it done. Also James Harrison is leaning towards following Lebeau to the Titans. I guess once again we will be drafting a linebacker with the first pick.

JackLambert
03-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Right now we have Arthur Moats and Jarvis Jones, that isn't getting it done. Also James Harrison is leaning towards following Lebeau to the Titans. I guess once again we will be drafting a linebacker with the first pick.

Be nice if they actually grabbed a useful one this time.

ChucktownSteeler
03-12-2015, 08:24 PM

Not to mention we need CBs and possibly a safety.

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2015, 10:26 AM
And Culliver just signed with the Redskins. I was hoping we could bring in Culliver.

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Greg Hardy anyone?

ChucktownSteeler
03-17-2015, 01:50 PM
I would sign him in a heart beat. However I doubt that will happen. He is too good and too young. We like signing 32-yr old RBs like Williams. Its the Steeler way. How did these work from last year: Mitchell, Cam Thomas, LaGuarette Blount, etc......

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2015, 03:23 PM
I agree. For the most part, this franchise doesn't want to/or know how to use free agency correctly.

Hey Chuck, why don't you un-suspend K-Train , NPB and the rest of them? Because their still here they just are using new names. At least if you let them come back, if they start the same old stuff just suspend them 60 days at a time. I'm tired of them hiding like bats under these other names. Just a thought.

ChucktownSteeler
03-17-2015, 08:46 PM
I will unban Neil Patrick Banana, let's see what if he comes back.

Real Deal Steel
03-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Heyward Bey was resigned to a one year deal today.

Rocky#20
03-26-2015, 02:43 PM

He did a pretty good job on special teams last year. He had 7 tackles a FF and recovered an onside kick that the refs errantly called him off sides on the play.

ChucktownSteeler
03-26-2015, 08:02 PM

I like the signing. Good target in red-zone and contributes on special teams. Should see him more involved now that Moore has been cut.