PDA

View Full Version : Irvin out at ESPN...

BB2W
02-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Two weeks after his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Michael Irvin is out of work. Irvin and ESPN have officially parted ways, ESPN spokesman Bill Hoffheimer said Saturday.

"Michael will not be with us this fall," Hoffheimer said.

Hoffheimer stressed that Irvin had not violated any contractual morals clause. Irvin has been a regular on ESPN's two primary NFL studio shows, Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night NFL Countdown.

"This was a decision that came from our annual review," Hoffheimer said.
Irvin was not immediately available for comment.

link: http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/021807cpirvinespn.3095fe1.html

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Thank God !!!!!!! I can't stand listening to that punk; he so far up Ray Lewis' and TO's *** it not even funny.

BB2W
02-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Thank God !!!!!!! I can't stand listening to that punk; he so far up Ray Lewis' and TO's *** it not even funny.Absolutely!... I can't stand him, he really rubs me the wrong way.

kgreen
02-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Absolutely!... I can't stand him, he really rubs me the wrong way.

:iagree: Thank God. I hope now they can fill that hole with possibly........Terry Bradshaw (but I don't see him leaving FOX). I hope they don't give it ot Stevie Wonder :bigfinger:.

steelcurtain09
02-17-2007, 11:29 PM
:banana: :danceshout: :thewave:

:smashbengals:

BlackGold4vr
02-17-2007, 11:52 PM
At least he was a Steeler and he seems unbiased. :popcorn:

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Thank the Good Lord, Irvin the Crack is out of there. You know if Bill Cowher didn't go to CBS, it would of been a good bet he would of been right there with Chris Berman on Countdown.

tony hipchest
02-18-2007, 12:02 AM
irvin never really bugged me, (i liked him on the best damn sports show period) but the worst thing espn did was kick steve young off the set and give him the field work he was doing. hopefully this move puts young back up their with boomer, tj, jaws, ditka so we can get back to some real analysis.

young is excellent.

BlitzburghNation
02-18-2007, 01:06 AM
:clap: good riddins,now i can watch espn pre-game again :greengrin:

BlitzburghNation
02-18-2007, 01:07 AM
"Oh Yeah" My wife just told me bill parcells is going to replace him !

BlitzburghNation
02-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Now michael will have more time for his,,,,

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/rivals/remoteImage-3.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 02:00 AM
:iagree: Thank God. I hope now they can fill that hole with possibly........Terry Bradshaw (but I don't see him leaving FOX). I hope they don't give it ot Stevie Wonder :bigfinger:.

I'll take Stevie Wonder over Irvin in a heartbeat :lol:

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 02:06 AM
I bet Bill Parcells will come to ESPN.

BlitzburghNation
02-18-2007, 02:12 AM
I bet Bill Parcells will come to ESPN.

He is ,,,,,,,,,my wife said she already heard it on the telly :blah:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Parcells signed with ESPN. Now Irvin has more time to spend with Owens.

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Damn, I am good at predictions :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I like Parcells, I also like having these coaches more involved in the commentating instead of just former players all the time. The coaches give a good perspective on the game.

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Cowher will deliver a knockout at CBS now. Parcells will really give them guys at Countdown a real observation.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Ive always like Berman and Jackson. Mort gives good insider info. I like Ditka too, but you can have Irvin and Steve young.

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Ditka and Parcells going at it, now that is one I would pay for.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Ive always like Berman and Jackson. Mort gives good insider info. I like Ditka too, but you can have Irvin and Steve young.

I liked Berman back in the day. I don't know why but he just annoys me anymore.:bluelol: I like Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka and I think Tuna being back with ESPN is good. Hey I'm not sad at all to see the Coke Head gone.:bluelol:

Blitzburgh55
02-18-2007, 02:04 PM
"Oh Yeah" My wife just told me bill parcells is going to replace him !

They should have the bus replace him

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 02:09 PM
He wouldn't last on that set, that is for sure.

RW318
02-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Irvin>>>>The others.

Now you're gonna get to hear the same opinion thrown around a whole show. Some of the charisma is gone.....I guess he said to many good things about the Cowboys when bashing em is in lol. Either way it's gonna suck without him...especially "Jacked Up"...can't wait to hear Parcells doing that.

(Jerome Bettis is far worse than anyone (Irvin should replace him)....he's John Madden reborn. Captain obvious....and then he spends his time explaining the obvious....get a damn opinion on something.)

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm sure Irvin is happy. It leaves more time for his crack habit. Guess privately he can express his man crush on TO.

RW318
02-18-2007, 03:48 PM
LOL at y'all turning every thread that talks about the Cowboys into a Smack Shack thread. Sad....really sad....but Irvin is better than Jerome....there's no denying that.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 03:52 PM
LOL at y'all turning every thread that talks about the Cowboys into a Smack Shack thread. Sad....really sad....but Irvin is better than Jerome....there's no denying that.

You acted surprised. This is a steelers board after all. How long before Irvin OD's? I'm sure TO can give him some tips.

RW318
02-18-2007, 03:54 PM
You acted surprised. This is a steelers board after all. How long before Irvin OD's? I'm sure TO can give him some tips.
Uh huh....but this is the NFL News section...nowhere does it say "Rivalry Forum". I believe I am correct....I didn't know you posted these lame jokes outside of the Rivalry Forum too.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Uh huh....but this is the NFL News section...nowhere does it say "Rivalry Forum". I believe I am correct.

For once. Even the sun shines on a dogs a$$ once in a while.

RW318
02-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Hows about naw. I stay being correct.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Only in your own mind. But that is fine. If it makes you feel important.

RW318
02-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Only in your own mind. But that is fine. If it makes you feel important.

Nope, In everyones mind...some just fight it with lame jokes.

BB2W
02-18-2007, 04:26 PM
It's a thread about Irvin getting fired... I bet every other message board mentioned he is a crackhead too. It's not smack, it's fact.

He was a good receiver, but as far as him on ESPN... he just really annoyed me.

RW318
02-18-2007, 04:27 PM
what he used to do is nothing with what he does now...so it is smack....especially if you're talking down on the player.

Hateful assumptions = smack.

BB2W
02-18-2007, 04:41 PM
what he used to do is nothing with what he does nowIf you get fired from a job and in the past you got caught with a crack pipe, felony cocaine posesion, marijuana, and soliciting prositiution. It probabaly had something to do with it.

RW318
02-18-2007, 04:50 PM
No not really...cause why would you get hired in the first place just to get fired for your past that everyone knows about?

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 04:50 PM
RW just sees the world through cowboy tinted glasses. They can do no wrong.

BB2W
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
No not really...cause why would you get hired in the first place just to get fired for your past that everyone knows about?
That was their mistake... I wouldn't have hired him. I'm sure they said if he screws up one more time he's gone, and he did. Therefore, his past was a factor.

RW318
02-18-2007, 04:59 PM
He didn't screw up...because the world would know if he did. He was a good analyst.....but it's obvious they don't like opinionated people since they have a cast of drones...and are about to bring in another. Past had nothing to do with it....and if he's not a "crackhead" now calling him one is smack.

RW318
02-18-2007, 05:00 PM
RW just sees the world through cowboy tinted glasses. They can do no wrong.

I keep hearing "blah blah blah blah" but I'm not real sure where it's coming from...Oh..wait...nevermind....I know now.

BB2W
02-18-2007, 05:03 PM
He didn't screw up...because the world would know if he did.The racial based comment about Romo???

RW318
02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
and Jackson called a co-worker a retard on the air? Where's his pink slip?

Not much of a mess up since he was clearly joking and apologized....

BB2W
02-18-2007, 05:25 PM
and Jackson called a co-worker a retard on the air? Where's his pink slip?

Not much of a mess up since he was clearly joking and apologized....
It was enough to get suspended for a week.

Dude, whenever you get fired from a job your past was a factor. Michael Irvin screwed up a lot in the past, and it ultimately cost him his job. If Tom Jackson had a rap sheet like Irvin's he may have been fired too.

Ambridge
02-18-2007, 06:01 PM
That's a big stomp on Irvin's testicles!!
First he gets feeling all warm and fuzzy for getting elected to the HOF........and then in a couple of short weeks he gets let go from his announcing job.
Maybe this sends him over the edge and back to the "Ho's" and the Pipe????

Hey NFL Network!!! Please take note and follow the lead and dump "Dumbass" Deion Sanders. :crossfingers:

Koopa
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
The racial based comment about Romo???

what did he say about romo???

Koopa
02-18-2007, 06:03 PM
That's a big stomp on Irvin's testicles!!
First he gets feeling all warm and fuzzy for getting elected to the HOF........and then in a couple of short weeks he gets let go from his announcing job.
Maybe this sends him over the edge and back to the "Ho's" and the Pipe????

Hey NFL Network!!! Please take note and follow the lead and dump "Dumbass" Deion Sanders. :crossfingers:

nfl network is where the rejects go, they need sanders there because it's a must to have rejects be analyst there, they are the farm league of sports networks

BB2W
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
what did he say about romo???I will PM you... It might not be appropriate.

House of Steel
02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I keep hearing "blah blah blah blah" but I'm not real sure where it's coming from...Oh..wait...nevermind....I know now.

Hey Roy, You got a face only a mother could love...unfortunately she hates it too! So therefore, that is where it is coming from.

RW318
02-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey Roy, You got a face only a mother could love...unfortunately she hates it too! So therefore, that is where it is coming from.

Do you get dumber and dumber each day? You're leading me to believe that you do....you've never seen me, You don't know me and you never will....now go to sleep.

TEEMONT
02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey...now maybe Irvin can take the time to watch ESPN news so he won't be talking out of his *** anymore.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey...now maybe Irvin can take the time to watch ESPN news so he won't be talking out of his *** anymore.

Do not count on that happening anytime soon. He is dumb as a box of rocks.

kgreen
02-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Parcells signed with ESPN. Now Irvin has more time to spend with Owens.

PARCELLS!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?! :banging: :willybs: :cursin: :eyecrazy: :excuseme: :thumbdown1: :eek: :mad: :smh:

kgreen
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
What about Merril Hoge???? He's a really good analyst! No, I am not being biased I mean that. For those of you who watch "NFL match up" probably have noticed that Hoge is a really analyst. PLEASE GIVE HIM A PROMOTION!

RW318
02-19-2007, 12:13 AM
That dude is the biggest hater I've ever seen...he doesn't deserve anything. How are you gonna hate on Vince Youngs 39 yard overtime winning run by saying he could have passed it? HE WON THE GAME WITH THAT RUN!!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Free country we are allowed to hate on anyone.

House of Steel
02-19-2007, 01:29 AM
according to Roy, you can't hate a Cowboy. That is called a fraud.

RW318
02-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Now I know you're stupid (both of you just for different reasons) Vince Young plays for the freaking TITANS!!

TEEMONT
02-19-2007, 03:09 AM
That dude is the biggest hater I've ever seen...he doesn't deserve anything. How are you gonna hate on Vince Youngs 39 yard overtime winning run by saying he could have passed it? HE WON THE GAME WITH THAT RUN!!!!

he still could have passed it......and before u do that thinking thing....I'm not a hater, Vince Young is probbaly my favorite non-Steeler.

Prosdo
02-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Glad to see Irvin gone.

RW318
02-19-2007, 04:54 AM
he still could have passed it......and before u do that thinking thing....I'm not a hater, Vince Young is probbaly my favorite non-Steeler.

He could have passed it and not got a TD? Is that really something to discredit a game winning TD run? The fact he could have passed it for only a first down? You'd have to be a hater for something like that to even pop into your head while watching that play.

Ambridge
02-19-2007, 09:17 AM
nfl network is where the rejects go, they need sanders there because it's a must to have rejects be analyst there, they are the farm league of sports networks

I'm seeing more announcers on the NFL Network that I've never heard of in my life.
There was one guy hosting a show a week or so ago and I was sitting there asking myself "Who the hell is this guy"??

Where did Jamie Dukes come from?? He's said that he's played in the NFL but I don't remember him at all.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm seeing more announcers on the NFL Network that I've never heard of in my life.
There was one guy hosting a show a week or so ago and I was sitting there asking myself "Who the hell is this guy"??

Where did Jamie Dukes come from?? He's said that he's played in the NFL but I don't remember him at all.

Yep, here he is..

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=DUKESJAM01

Ambridge
02-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Yep, here he is..

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=DUKESJAM01

Good info TOP.
Looks like he had a solid career.

270lbs must have been his playing weight because he looks like he's pushing every bit of 4-spins on the scale right now.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
That's a great site, you can find virtually anything you want on any player or team to ever play. :redcool:

It is odd that nobody ever saw him till the NFLN came around :dunno: