PDA

View Full Version : Time for LeBeau to go

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-05-2015, 08:48 PM
I think its time for a change at DC. Its time to let coach Butler take over the defense. Dick LeBeau has had his run, but i don't think that his scheme is the best way to slow down these NFL offenses anymore. IDK what changes coach Butler will make on the defensive side of the ball, if any, but i believe its time to give him the chance to show what he can cook up.

Thoughts?

Nolrog
01-05-2015, 09:29 PM
You can change LeBeau as much as you like but the defense won't improve until we get better players.

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2015, 06:59 AM
True.

steelspikes
01-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Steelers need major infusion of talent on back end. Adding a pass rusher wouldn't hurt. With Ike, Keez, Troy, and Harrison all unlikely to return, probably a good time for a new DC.

KemoTherapy
01-06-2015, 04:42 PM
The guy is 75 years old. He can't possibly be around much longer. He'll either retire,pass away or start to lose his marbles (happened to my father around 78 yrs age) really soon anyhow. If they rate Butler highly or even decide to go in another direction with a Rex Ryan then I'm all for it. Toss Colbert out while you're at it and get somebody who knows how to rate talent so we don't keep ending up with the likes of Jarvis, Curtis Brown and Archer all the time.

muncher
01-07-2015, 04:24 PM
who is out there that would be positively better than DL?

ChucktownSteeler
01-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Decision to be handle by Art Rooney II

Post Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette pointed out the extension the Steelers gave offensive coordinator Todd Haley, and one could almost hear the sighs of resignation coming from the Steelers' organization.

Not that they wouldn't want to keep Haley around after a season in which the team broke the franchise mark for points scored, but because it will no doubt be linked to defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, and the future of leadership for a defense that has fallen well off its usual year-in-and-year-out dominance.

Read More: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/1/9/7519755/steelers-defensive-coordinator-dick-lebeau-retire-contract

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2015, 08:33 PM
It's been time for him to go.

muncher
01-10-2015, 10:15 AM
the excitement of having a new defense would be fun but i dont think any real improvement would come with it............not for a few years

ChucktownSteeler
01-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't see much change if LeBeau goes and Butler is coronated the new DC. We need better players and a different scheme. This scheme does not work in today's pass happy NFL.

coldrolled
01-10-2015, 01:17 PM
The guy is 75 years old. He can't possibly be around much longer. He'll either retire,pass away or start to lose his marbles (happened to my father around 78 yrs age) really soon anyhow. If they rate Butler highly or even decide to go in another direction with a Rex Ryan then I'm all for it. Toss Colbert out while you're at it and get somebody who knows how to rate talent so we don't keep ending up with the likes of Jarvis, Curtis Brown and Archer all the time.

Dont pick an Archer, he was not given a chance yet to fit in. Worilds has..

coldrolled
01-10-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't see much change if LeBeau goes and Butler is coronated the new DC. We need better players and a different scheme. This scheme does not work in today's pass happy NFL.

When the Hoyers, McCowns and Geno's beat us it is time to change the scheme

ChucktownSteeler
01-10-2015, 01:47 PM
I have not given up on Archer, Cortez Allen, or Shamarko Thomas yet.

I have given up on Troy, Ike, and Kiesel.

muncher
01-10-2015, 02:28 PM

dont blame colbert for players not being developed by tomlin

Nolrog
01-10-2015, 05:54 PM
News breaking that LeBeau is out as DC. They mutually agreed to part ways.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Mutually my ***. Management said "mutually" to save him the embarrassment of saying he's been fired.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Good call on LeBum Steelers all day.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Lets get a DC in here who will run a 3-4 defense that is less predictable and one that's easier for players to pick up and thrive in.

SuperSteelers
01-10-2015, 09:23 PM
In other news the Ratbirds lost....bwahahahahaha

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2015, 11:53 PM
I admire the passion that both the Patriots and Ravens played with.

SuperSteelers
01-11-2015, 12:06 AM
I admire the passion that both the Patriots and Ravens played with.

That is great. Just as long as neither of those teams wins the Superbowl they can play with all the passion they want.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 12:56 AM
And now all this Flacco ball washing can stop. Flacco is nothing but a glorified game manager and when his defense doesn't keep things under control and he's forced to be a real QB, the real Flacco comes out. As we saw today.

acero
01-11-2015, 01:03 AM
i dont know about butler but and i m going to catch some fire with this one ...... i thought joey porter did a good job and carnell also

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 02:54 AM
Butler scares me. I don't want someone copying LeBeau verbatim.

coldrolled
01-11-2015, 09:48 AM
The Seahawks D.... We need a coach to coach it up.. Bring back the curtain...

“The Seahawks play the 4-3 defense with 3-4 principles like we did, and that’s something you don’t see that much anymore,” Mike Wagner said of the old Steel Curtain.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't mind making the switch at all because it would force us to get more D-linemen right now and lord knows we need to get dominant players on that sorry D-line of ours. Other then Heyward and Tuiit, not impressed with anyone. Maybe McCullers will be of some use. Maybe. That DT out of Washinton is who I have my eye on in the draft with our first pick.

ChucktownSteeler
01-11-2015, 11:02 AM
We need a new scheme as well. No to Keith Butler.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 12:44 PM
I don't want Butler either.

ChucktownSteeler
01-11-2015, 12:51 PM
New blood, younger blood, new ideas, modern defensive schemes.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 01:46 PM
New blood, younger blood, new ideas, modern defensive schemes.

Yes. Without a doubt.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 01:48 PM
With that said, I want the entire draft devoted to the defense. I'm still so embarrassed and angry that we are the only home team to lose in the playoffs.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2015, 01:50 PM
For starters, I want to use the first round pick on that DT from Washington. I want dominance on the D-line again. Ravens have had it since they drafted Nghta and I want it too.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-11-2015, 11:27 PM
How can you guys say no to Butler when you have no idea what he wants to do with the defense????

ChucktownSteeler
01-12-2015, 07:32 AM
How can you guys say no to Butler when you have no idea what he wants to do with the defense????

It will be Butler, book it. They may interview a few candidates, but at the end of the day it will be Butler.

Steeltrap
01-12-2015, 11:09 AM
For starters, I want to use the first round pick on that DT from Washington. I want dominance on the D-line again. Ravens have had it since they drafted Nghta and I want it too.

I agree with RDS.