PDA

View Full Version : Adam Carriker?

kgreen
02-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I was just now on draftace.com and saw their mock draft:
http://www.draftace.com/draft2007/mockdraftround1.htm

I don't but I like the kid. He fits in with our 3-4 defense (if we decide to stick with it).

Black@Gold Forever32
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I like Carriker to. He is the perfect DE for the 3-4. I think he could play DT in a 4-3 as well.

BlitzburghNation
02-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I like Carriker to. He is the perfect DE for the 3-4. I think he could play DT in a 4-3 as well.

:iagree:

Koopa
02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
i don't like him one bit, he may be a good player, but is not what we need, our dline is just fine, we need a de that can be a de/olb

kgreen
02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
i don't like him one bit, he may be a good player, but is not what we need, our dline is just fine, we need a de that can be a de/olb

That is true I would prefer Jarvis Moss.

K Train
02-17-2007, 09:18 PM
**** carriker, hes a DE and only a DE we need an OLB/DE hybrid

BB2W
02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
So many of you are looking for a DE/OLB hybrid... I just want a guy that can play football, and I don't want another "project" like Alonzo Jackson.

Greg Lloyd was only 230 lbs...

K Train
02-17-2007, 09:40 PM
this year is absolutly stacked at olb

BB2W
02-17-2007, 09:48 PM
this year is absolutly stacked at olbI agree... I just wouldn't rule out players because of their size or position they played in college. I bet there were some Steeler fans a few years back that wanted a prototype wide receiver when they selected a guy named Hines Ward.

I just want good football players...

Koopa
02-17-2007, 10:19 PM
carriker isn't a football player he's a DE, that's it, we don't need that on this team

BB2W
02-17-2007, 10:25 PM
carriker isn't a football player he's a DE, that's it, we don't need that on this team
I'm not pulling for them to select Carriker, but I wouldn't be devistated. We will need a defensive end next year... Aaron Smith will be a free agent and I'm not convinced they will re-sign him.

K Train
02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
the whole thing is, now days you can address immediate needs when they need to be addressed because players are miles ahead of where they were years ago and are coming out of college more pro-ready. there is no point in drafting a pro-ready, high paid defensive end this year because it MIGHT be an issue next year, when there are more pressing issues right now that need to be addressed. jmo

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Since when isn't a DE a football player :rofl:

BlackGold4vr
02-18-2007, 09:28 AM
So many of you are looking for a DE/OLB hybrid... I just want a guy that can play football, and I don't want another "project" like Alonzo Jackson.

Greg Lloyd was only 230 lbs...

:iagree:

Koopa......don't even try to say Jack Lambert couldn't play on a team today! He was a HOF MLB who had great football instincts. It was rare to see him not in on a tackle! Lets just get a guy with great character who plays with a mean disposition on the field! :cursin:

Koopa
02-18-2007, 02:36 PM
carriker isn't going to be good for us, he'll just cause problems with a log jam and it'll be a complete waste, we'll resign smith, ain't no other team gonna want him, and keisel has done good for us.................. we need a DE/OLB because we don't know what we are gonna change too, and haggans is a complete bum, and porter is on the verge of being a bum too

and wtf does jack lambert have to do with anything???? he was a mlb, not a DE, and he played in the 4-3, so he has nothing to do what we are talking about

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
See this is the whole problem here people, we don't know what we need yet because we don't know exactly what defense we're going to predominately play.

If we were playing a 34 mainly then we know certain athletes will fit well. If we were playing a 43 mainly then we'd know the same about them. Since we might be playing a mixture with no predominant base set we have no idea who we need except to go off what we know from last year in terms of who needs replaced and what not.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 03:36 PM
all i know is i rather us draft k train's punter in the first then this hoe lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
See this is the whole problem here people, we don't know what we need yet because we don't know exactly what defense we're going to predominately play.

If we were playing a 34 mainly then we know certain athletes will fit well. If we were playing a 43 mainly then we'd know the same about them. Since we might be playing a mixture with no predominant base set we have no idea who we need except to go off what we know from last year in terms of who needs replaced and what not.

Dude, just draft players that could fit in either scheme and you will be ok. There is players in this draft that could fit into either scheme.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 03:46 PM
we keep talking defense, but colbert might go hoe on us and get oline lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 03:50 PM
we keep talking defense, but colbert might go hoe on us and get oline lol

Not a bad idea?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Dude, just draft players that could fit in either scheme and you will be ok. There is players in this draft that could fit into either scheme.

Well yes in a perfect world that's what we want, but this team isn't used to drafting like that. We are used to drafting on defense for specific players that fit our scheme. So while the team knows what we'll be doing, we don't so all we can do is speculate. Drafting players to fit both schemes is the right way to go but it's not as easy as we all think Im sure.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Not a bad idea?

yes, because we don't need oline first round, we need defense, mainly lb

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Well yes in a perfect world that's what we want, but this team isn't used to drafting like that. We are used to drafting on defense for specific players that fit our scheme. So while the team knows what we'll be doing, we don't so all we can do is speculate. Drafting players to fit both schemes is the right way to go but it's not as easy as we all think Im sure.

Dude players like Anthony Spencer, Jarvis Moss could play DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. So those should be targets. A player like Adam Carriker could DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3. So thats what I mean Top.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 04:15 PM
yes, because we don't need oline first round, we need defense, mainly lb

We need to draft best player available instead of need. A player like Spencer could be there in the 2nd. That would fill the need for an OLB in the 2nd round. I agree OLB is one of the biggest needs. But we should take the best player available approach.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 04:19 PM
We need to draft best player available instead of need. A player like Spencer could be there in the 2nd. That would fill the need for an OLB in the 2nd round. I agree OLB is one of the biggest needs. But we should take the best player available approach.

well in that ****** case lol, we won't get olineman, cause this years class sucks dick, levi is what second best, and he ain't gonna be nothing special in the nfl, he'll be solid but not all pro lol

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 04:21 PM
well in that ****** case lol, we won't get olineman, cause this years class sucks dick, levi is what second best, and he ain't gonna be nothing special in the nfl, he'll be solid but not all pro lol

I didn't say Olineman in that post Koop, I said best player available.:bluelol: As for Levi Brown I'm not saying we should draft him but we don't know how good or how bad of a pick he will be until five years from now.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Dude players like Anthony Spencer, Jarvis Moss could play DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. So those should be targets. A player like Adam Carriker could DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3. So thats what I mean Top.

Right, players like that should be a priority, and players like that are ones that we think will do well...however is that what Tomlin and Colbert are thinking? That's the million dollar question. Some of it is common sense, sure, but when it comes to drafting just when you think you've got it figured out, they throw a curve ball at you and draft somebody like Jamain Stephens :lol:

And on that note, do we really know if Tomlin is a "take the best player availble" type of guy or a "we draft for need first" type of guy ? I may have missed if he brought that up in any of his PC's or interviews; but that's a big reason why it's so hard to say what we're going to do :bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Right, players like that should be a priority, and players like that are ones that we think will do well...however is that what Tomlin and Colbert are thinking? That's the million dollar question. Some of it is common sense, sure, but when it comes to drafting just when you think you've got it figured out, they throw a curve ball at you and draft somebody like Jamain Stephens :lol:

And on that note, do we really know if Tomlin is a "take the best player availble" type of guy or a "we draft for need first" type of guy ? I may have missed if he brought that up in any of his PC's or interviews; but that's a big reason why it's so hard to say what we're going to do :bluelol:

I know he said he wanted players that can play in both schemes. I think he said he is going to look for flexible and intelligent players. Plus he also said great players can play in either scheme. Players like Troy and Casey. So we will find out.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I didn't say Olineman in that post Koop, I said best player available.:bluelol: As for Levi Brown I'm not saying we should draft him but we don't know how good or how bad of a pick he will be until five years from now.

i didn't say you did, i just said in that ****** case, as in your idea of drafting best available in the first...... the olineman part was me saying that we won't get one cause none of them are best avaliable........... we need to go need in the first round, best available is gay in the first round, it could be a saftey something we do not need......

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 04:51 PM
i didn't say you did, i just said in that ****** case, as in your idea of drafting best available in the first...... the olineman part was me saying that we won't get one cause none of them are best avaliable........... we need to go need in the first round, best available is gay in the first round, it could be a saftey something we do not need......

So if there is a need and all the best from that need is gone you want to reach for somebody of a position of need. Example Troy Edward 1999 draft. The Steelers needed a WR and they could have traded down and still drafted Edwards. But they needed a WR and reached for Edwards with the 13th pick.

Sorry I just want to draft players that can help the team regardless of position. Of course no QB's or TE's or needed to waste a first round pick. After the top RB's there isn't a RB that is worth the 15th overall pick. Then of course both K and P you don't draft in the first round. But all other positions should be looked at from a best available stand point.

Yea when the Vikings in the 98 draft didn't need a WR it was gay to draft Randy Moss with their first round pick.:bluelol: Yea Moss is a tool now but he did dominate the NFL when he first came into the NFL.

Koopa
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
So if there is a need and all the best from that need is gone you want to reach for somebody of a position of need. Example Troy Edward 1999 draft. The Steelers needed a WR and they could have traded down and still drafted Edwards. But they needed a WR and reached for Edwards with the 13th pick.

Sorry I just want to draft players that can help the team regardless of position. Of course no QB's or TE's or needed to waste a first round pick. After the top RB's there isn't a RB that is worth the 15th overall pick. Then of course both K and P you don't draft in the first round. But all other positions should be looked at from a best available stand point.

Yea when the Vikings in the 98 draft didn't need a WR it was gay to draft Randy Moss with their first round pick.:bluelol: Yea Moss is a tool now but he did dominate the NFL when he first came into the NFL.

well in that case ok, go best availiable, but this year's draft is stocked with badass OLB, that it won't be a reach for moses, moss......spencer would be a reach but there are some badass players that ain't gonna be a reach at 15 that fall into our needs

i don't like carriker and i don't want him drafted here

K Train
02-18-2007, 06:58 PM
all i know is i rather us draft k train's punter in the first then this hoe lol

:bigthumb:

K Train
02-18-2007, 07:02 PM
this years oline class blows, mabey if Jake long and sam baker cam out we would have some choices but unless your getting thomas or brown, **** going oline in the first round. i say we dont go oline till the 3rd jmo

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2007, 07:06 PM
this years oline class blows, mabey if Jake long and sam baker cam out we would have some choices but unless your getting thomas or brown, **** going oline in the first round. i say we dont go oline till the 3rd jmo

Oh, I agree with after Joe Thomas I'm not really thrilled with the Oline picks in this draft. Yea if Long and Baker did come out that would change things. I do like Joe Staley in the 2nd round though or one of the top guards.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2007, 07:50 PM
If we EVER drafted a punter in the first round of any draft, we should have our NFL DRAFT cards pulled for stupidity ! :lol:

K Train
02-18-2007, 08:18 PM
you just dont understand what a franchise punter is all about....the guy is a freak, a good ST unit wins championships my friend. lol

kgreen
02-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Exactly. Tomlin could take anyone of the "best player available" guys and come away with a good player. I can't say what I want out of this draft without feeling unsure. This draft doesn't appear to have its strength in the first round. So I will say that i think the strength of this draft (for us at least) could be in the mid-late rounds.