PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Shazier gives Steelers flexibility on defense

ChucktownSteeler
01-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Ryan Shazier and C.J. Mosley were the two best inside linebackers available in the NFL draft in May. The Steelers and Ravens, two franchises known for their linebacker play, recognized their abilities and snatched them up in the first round.

The Steelers took Shazier with the No. 15 overall selection and the Ravens grabbed Mosley two picks later at No. 17. When it comes to measuring their rookie seasons, it was as close as they were all year.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/01/02/Healthy-Ryan-Shazier-gives-Steelers-more-flexibility-on-defense/stories/201501020052

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2015, 11:35 AM
I firmly believe that Shazier will be an impact player for years to come.

ChucktownSteeler
01-02-2015, 11:43 AM
I firmly believe that Shazier will be an impact player for years to come.

I hope so, I would hate to see 2 #1 draft picks end up as busts, especially at the LB position. I have given up on Jarvis Jones, he is not NFL material. He benefited from playing on a great Georgia Bulldog defense. Hopefully I am wrong, but he has really disappointed so far.

KemoTherapy
01-02-2015, 07:35 PM
I can't help but be disappointed with the kids season to date. He just seems to be made of glass and doesnT really look to have the frame to handle the rigours of the NFL. Let's hope he has more passion for improving himself in the offseason than Jarvis Jones has shown so far:evilshake:.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Give Shazier an entire Steeler off season to get stronger, and know the system and then lets see what we've got.

ChucktownSteeler
01-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Give Shazier an entire Steeler off season to get stronger, and know the system and then lets see what we've got.

No problem, I hope he pans out as well.