PDA

View Full Version : Josh Harris highlights

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Maybe we are saying on Saturday night "A Star is Born"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wo7Df2HuY9U#t=102

1.) 5'11 210 very muscular, athletic and speedy guy. Low center of gravity. Built for physical games against physical teams.

2.) Looks to have good hands.

3.) He has fresh legs and is looking for a home.

KemoTherapy
12-30-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm not saying that the guy's a bum or anything but I am so relieved to have a guy with several,years experience in the league being signed to the team. I feel much better about pass protection with a proven guy like Tate.

terrible.towel43
12-31-2014, 09:49 AM
How good is he hanging on to the ball? If he comes in a coughs the ball up once or twice it could mean the end of our season

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2014, 12:13 PM
How good is he hanging on to the ball? If he comes in a coughs the ball up once or twice it could mean the end of our season

True..

but the guy has homerun skills too. They are going to have to coach him up big time this week. He has to hold on to the ball.

ChucktownSteeler
12-31-2014, 12:38 PM
Look, we haven't had success running the ball against the Rats in over a decade. I don't see that changing. We will beat them through the air if Haley can call a masterful game.

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Look, we haven't had success running the ball against the Rats in over a decade. I don't see that changing. We will beat them through the air if Haley can call a masterful game.
Nope............

You have to at least "attempt" to run the ball at the Ravens. We can't just drop back play after play. We can't just turn Dumerville and Suggs loose on Ben like that. And who cares about "the Past". We have an offensive line that is playing at a high level NOW! Who says we can't run off tackle at the Ravens and be successful???

Hiloti Ngta is back this game people. But so what? We have to "TRY" and establish a semblance of a running game. Yes our passing game will make the big plays but it's still about a semblance of balance. If we establish a semblance of a running game, our passing game will be that much more lethal to the Ravens when we hit them with it.

ChucktownSteeler
12-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Nope............

You have to at least "attempt" to run the ball at the Ravens. We can't just drop back play after play. We can't just turn Dumerville and Suggs loose on Ben like that. And who cares about "the Past". We have an offensive line that is playing at a high level NOW! Who says we can't run off tackle at the Ravens and be successful???

Hiloti Ngta is back this game people. But so what? We have to "TRY" and establish a semblance of a running game. Yes our passing game will make the big plays but it's still about a semblance of balance. If we establish a semblance of a running game, our passing game will be that much more lethal to the Ravens when we hit them with it.

We have to keep them honest, no doubt. My point was not to abandon the run completely, but realize no team makes a living running on the Rats. Maybe we try and bounce a few plays outside instead of running directly at Ngata.

terrible.towel43
12-31-2014, 01:27 PM
We have to keep them honest, no doubt. My point was not to abandon the run completely, but realize no team makes a living running on the Rats. Maybe we try and bounce a few plays outside instead of running directly at Ngata.

I think you guys are in agreement with each other here. We need to try to establish the run as best as possible to keep them honest and open up our passing game and play action. At at the same time, we must be aware the Ravens strength is against the run and our big plays will likely be through the air.

KemoTherapy
12-31-2014, 05:35 PM
I think where Bell's skill set will be missed most is in the passing game as he probably wouldn't have run for more than 50 yards anyhow. If Harris/Tate can be quickly integrated into the passing attack it will be huge.

ChucktownSteeler
01-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Nice read on Josh Harris from Stillers:

As a result of Blount’s release, the Stillers have called up Josh Harris from their street-clothes squad. Now, a lot of people squawked when the team didn’t sign Ben Tate off waivers, but I’m kind of glad they didn’t (although we have since). I’ve been very interested to see what Harris can do, given his physical gifts.

Harris has tremendous speed, as the P-G noted in their article about him. However, they’ve listed his 40-time at 4.46, which likely isn’t accurate. Harris probably is much faster.

According to Harris, he actually ran a 4.28 40 for scouts, claiming that the NFL Network mistakenly listed his time at 4.46. Whatever the case, I’m inclined to believe he’s faster than what the network reported; Harris is a noted sprinter who ran the 100m dash for Wake Forest’s track team. Not only that, but Harris put up 28 reps in the bench press, which would be respectable for some linemen.

Now, I like Le’veon Bell; I like him a lot. I’d love him, however, if he possessed breakaway speed. Bell will get you doubles and even triples, but if there’s one thing lacking in his game, it’s the home-run threat. Harris – unlike Blount – can step in and threaten to break the big one at any time. He’s fast, quick and strong – reminding me of Willie Parker.

Now, am I saying he’ll bust out long ones like Fast Willie used to? No, of course not; only playing time can tell us what he can do. What I am saying is that, should Harris ball out, the Stillers will have stumbled upon yet another threat for their offense. Who says hypocrisy doesn’t pay?

Who knows? Thanks to Blount, we may soon be talking about “Fast Joshie.”

Read more at: http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/0e19d463-e1de-4c98-a2b8-0ca8b9fcdcc5#sthash.DLYqLuyt.dpuf

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2015, 12:37 PM
We need some luck like Harris panning out big time. Bell needs some real help back there.

KemoTherapy
01-02-2015, 11:43 PM
It would be awesome if the kid comes in and makes a difference. Running back does seem to be the one position where rookies can come in and make an immediate impact. There seems to be less of a learning curve in "running where the daylight is" than other positions require.

ChucktownSteeler
01-03-2015, 02:31 PM

Watching the video he carries the ball high and tight. Good attributes. There is even a segment in the video in training with him running up a hill carry the ball perfectly. He needs to bring his "A" game tonight, the Rats will try and strip it.

coldrolled
01-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Some lucky *** team stumbled on forsett and another on crowell this year. kinda of why tate is here in fact.

coach
01-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Sometimes teams have a tough time adjusting to guys they don't know. I know we wont be handing him the ball 25 times but let's hope he gives the rats something to think about while Ben gets the ball out quick all night. Let's hope they game plan well and take care of business.

ChucktownSteeler
01-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Sometimes teams have a tough time adjusting to guys they don't know. I know we wont be handing him the ball 25 times but let's hope he gives the rats something to think about while Ben gets the ball out quick all night. Let's hope they game plan well and take care of business.

Nice call, Coach.

coach
01-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Now that that charade is over between the panthers and cardinals, let's play some real football. Too bad Zona had a 4th string QB at the helm.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Right again coach. Panthers had a gimme game in the first round. But their season ends in Seattle next week.

ChucktownSteeler
01-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Right again coach. Panthers had a gimme game in the first round. But their season ends in Seattle next week.

They may not go to Seattle. it depends on who wins tomorrow.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Like I said, they will be in Seattle next week. Lions are not winning.

ChucktownSteeler
01-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Like I said, they will be in Seattle next week. Lions are not winning.

Good point.