PDA

View Full Version : I said it then and I'll say it now

Clevelandsux
12-29-2014, 07:21 AM
We made a huge mistake in letting lagarrette Blount walk. When you have Bell running over 90% of your plays he was destined to get injured. And to top it off you make one of your biggest rivals better. We have no depth at RB going into the playoffs. We have midget dri archer and josh Harris a practice squad player and that's it. Heres hoping Bell will be ok, but if he's not we're messed. Big time!

Troyisabeast_43
12-29-2014, 07:30 AM
We made a huge mistake in letting lagarrette Blount walk. When you have Bell running over 90% of your plays he was destined to get injured. And to top it off you make one of your biggest rivals better. We have no depth at RB going into the playoffs. We have midget dri archer and josh Harris a practice squad player and that's it. Heres hoping Bell will be ok, but if he's not we're messed. Big time!I agree that losing Bell for this game with the Ravens will be a big loss but that is where you take the ball and put it in the hands of your best player Ben Roethlisberger and spread the field and tell him to go win the game with his arm. The Steelers still have enough weapons across the board to win this game with the Ravens and put a bunch of points up. Hopefully if Bell cant go against the Ravens the Steelers still find a way to win and they can get him back the following week when the Steelers go play Denver on January 11th. The good news if this happens is the Steelers will have an extra day of rest to get Bell healthy and hopefully get him back for that game in Denver. Im with you it was stupid to let Blount go and not have a reliable back-up but at this point it is what it is and there is nothing that the Steelers can really do about it.

Nolrog
12-29-2014, 08:09 AM
We made a huge mistake in letting lagarrette Blount walk.

No we didn't. He quit on the team, walked out on them during the game.

Clevelandsux
12-29-2014, 08:34 AM
He quit because Tomlin was letting him rot on the bench. I'm not defending Blount, but why would the steelers let him get his way and let him help our biggest nemesis get better?if anything put him on pup or something?

I don't like our chances with josh Harris and dri archer. Like I said praying Bell will be ok.

Steeltrap
12-29-2014, 10:44 AM
I agree that losing Bell for this game with the Ravens will be a big loss but that is where you take the ball and put it in the hands of your best player Ben Roethlisberger and spread the field and tell him to go win the game with his arm. The Steelers still have enough weapons across the board to win this game with the Ravens and put a bunch of points up. Hopefully if Bell cant go against the Ravens the Steelers still find a way to win and they can get him back the following week when the Steelers go play Denver on January 11th. The good news if this happens is the Steelers will have an extra day of rest to get Bell healthy and hopefully get him back for that game in Denver. Im with you it was stupid to let Blount go and not have a reliable back-up but at this point it is what it is and there is nothing that the Steelers can really do about it.

I totally disagree with you Troy. Putting the ball in Ben's hands is exactly playing into what the Ravens want us to do. We need to make a concerted effort to run the ball. Period. We need to get Harris comfortable and ready to run the rock this Saturday with atleast 20-25 carries.

We can not be one-dimensional and beat the Ravens. By them just turning Suggs and Dumerville loose on Ben is a recipe for disaster.

Steeltrap
12-29-2014, 10:45 AM
He quit because Tomlin was letting him rot on the bench. I'm not defending Blount, but why would the steelers let him get his way and let him help our biggest nemesis get better?if anything put him on pup or something?

I don't like our chances with josh Harris and dri archer. Like I said praying Bell will be ok.

I agree. You don't just cut him. Truth be told, he had a point. Why wasn't Blount playing???? If he was, we might not be in this predicament now with the Bell injury. All we did was hurt ourselves and help the Patriots in that move.

ChucktownSteeler
12-29-2014, 10:48 AM
I have no problem with them cutting Blount, but in this case Tomlin gambled and lost. He banked the house on Bell being a young workhorse and staying healthy. He lost the bet, should have signed a decent back-up for this scenario. I for one think we can beat the Rats with or without Bell. If there is no structural damage I would like for them to keep Bell out this week, get as healthy as possible for the Broncos. He will be needed then.

I am not sure the rules for signing players, but don't the roster increase a few spots during playoffs? is there a RB out there that could be signed (i.e. Ray Rice)?

Steeltrap
12-29-2014, 10:50 AM
If we can't run the ball, the Ravens will upset us. Plain and simple.

ChucktownSteeler
12-29-2014, 10:53 AM
If we can't run the ball, the Ravens will upset us. Plain and simple.

I don't know about that. Their secondary is weak. We will miss Bell more as a receiver out of the backfield than a RB. Get Josh Harris acclimated this week and see if there is a decent RB we can pluck off of someone's PS. I have given up on Dri Archer this season. he may develop next year, but right now is is not ready for the NFL, let alone the playoffs.

KemoTherapy
12-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Well, a blind man could have seen that there was ZERO depth at the rb position. They need to find a back with Actual NFL experience asap. A Tate,Felix Jones,Tashard Choice kind of mid level back who has actual games under his belt. Archer is waaay too small (can you imagine him trying to block Thuggs?) and Harris is unproven to put it mildly. The only bright side is that Bell didn't completely blow out his knee which was my initial instant reaction.

ChucktownSteeler
12-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Ray Rice?

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2014, 11:02 AM
I don't know about that. Their secondary is weak. We will miss Bell more as a receiver out of the backfield than a RB. Get Josh Harris acclimated this week and see if there is a decent RB we can pluck off of someone's PS. I have given up on Dri Archer this season. he may develop next year, but right now is is not ready for the NFL, let alone the playoffs.

This " find the next Darren Sproles" crap that Haley keeps doing is stupid. He runs in the draft every year and gets little quick guys and trys to pretend their like Sproles. Wasting draft picks is what he's doing.

One-demensional teams don't win championships. And most don't win playoff games either. This isn't regular season anymore. This is the playoffs. And every weakness is magnified ten fold.

If Harris isn't effective running the ball, I"m going outside and cut the lawn or something. Because we will lose.

KemoTherapy
12-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Ray Rice?
I almost suggested the same thing lol!. I think he's too toxic to touch though and hasn't played for a long time. There has to be a back out on the street who was a recent cut by somebody who they could grab.

ChucktownSteeler
12-29-2014, 11:15 AM
I almost suggested the same thing lol!. I think he's too toxic to touch though and hasn't played for a long time. There has to be a back out on the street who was a recent cut by somebody who they could grab.

I dunno, he has paid his debt. I think it would be great if we signed him and he came back and help knock the Rats out of the playoffs.