PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert

mcfly06
12-08-2014, 09:56 PM
No matter what happens at the end of the season, should Kevin Colbert be back as the GM? Also who could we go after?, I think he should be gone and he should of been gone a couple years a go. Just throwing it out there, want to see what you guys think..

muncher
12-08-2014, 10:22 PM
colbert had no problems when cowher was helping him make the picks

Real Deal Steel
12-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Colbert shouldn't be retained.

Nolrog
12-09-2014, 09:09 AM
colbert had no problems when cowher was helping him make the picks

There was a post on the depot discussing the draft and development of players.

Credit Dr. Doom for this response:
Colbert did fine when Cowher was here? Ricardo Coclough, Alonzo Jackson, Willie Reid, Jermain Stephens, Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Chris Conrad, Troy Edwards, Hank Poteat, Kendrell Bell, Kendall Simmons, Trai Essex, Anthony Smith All drafted in the top1-3 rounds all busted. But hey Cowher never failed to develop players.
Oh and I almost forgot the FA players.

Kent Graham, Rodney Bailey, Mike Jones, Rich Tylski, Todd Peterson, Todd Fordham, Jay Reimersma, The great Chris Sullivan.

soulkitchen
12-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Ah, yep.

HowDoUDo
12-09-2014, 12:42 PM
There was a post on the depot discussing the draft and development of players.

Credit Dr. Doom for this response:
Colbert did fine when Cowher was here? Ricardo Coclough, Alonzo Jackson, Willie Reid, Jermain Stephens, Scott Shields, Jeremy Staat, Chris Conrad, Troy Edwards, Hank Poteat, Kendrell Bell, Kendall Simmons, Trai Essex, Anthony Smith All drafted in the top1-3 rounds all busted. But hey Cowher never failed to develop players.
Oh and I almost forgot the FA players.

Kent Graham, Rodney Bailey, Mike Jones, Rich Tylski, Todd Peterson, Todd Fordham, Jay Reimersma, The great Chris Sullivan.

They only blame Tomlin because he is a black HC, Only TOMLIN can't develop players. All of Cowhers failures lye in the lap of Colbert.

Steeltrap
12-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Hmmmm....

More new posters after NPB, K-Train were kicked out. I'm just sayin...............

HowDoUDo
12-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm....

More new posters after NPB, K-Train were kicked out. I'm just sayin...............

Problem with new posters coming to this site? I can leave, seems like this forum is dry with discussion anyway. Why were people kicked out of here? Heard this used to be a good site.

Vincent
12-09-2014, 01:50 PM
ha - I swear if this forum had its way they would fire Colbert, Tomlin, LeBeau, and Haley at the end of the season.

get a little real people

Steeltrap
12-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Problem with new posters coming to this site? I can leave, seems like this forum is dry with discussion anyway. Why were people kicked out of here? Heard this used to be a good site.

Love new people. Just be a good guy with no personal insults to other posters and we'll all be good. This place isn't dry. We just got rid of some old wet hens. LOL

soulkitchen
12-09-2014, 02:12 PM
ha - I swear if this forum had its way they would fire Colbert, Tomlin, LeBeau, and Haley at the end of the season.

get a little real people

Don't forget Cowher and Colbert would have been fired years before 2005 as well.

This team has been in a transition mode since 2011. I believe we are turning the corner, we just haven't turned it yet. I do believe Lebeau will be transitioning out at the end of this season.

HowDoUDo
12-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Love new people. Just be a good guy with no personal insults to other posters and we'll all be good. This place isn't dry. We just got rid of some old wet hens. LOL

I always kept an eye on this site and saw exactly what happened. Please, don't be foolish. Yes, this place is dry as it's not even close to what it used to be.

Off to 24/7. Peace

Steeltrap
12-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Well, take care.

mcfly06
12-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Don't forget Cowher and Colbert would have been fired years before 2005 as well.

This team has been in a transition mode since 2011. I believe we are turning the corner, we just haven't turned it yet. I do believe Lebeau will be transitioning out at the end of this season.

I just did this for a nice debate; because there are cases to keep and you can make cases not to keep him. Thats all, I just feel we could of done a better job in replacing the older guys and wouldn't be this bad on D. I mean he did admit he kept players way too long and didnt get right players in. Thats the whole purpose of this, I don't hate Colbert I just think his time is up. He didnt get dumb or anything just sometimes your time is up at a place, it happens all the time in the NFL and pro sports.

Vincent
12-09-2014, 06:37 PM

I agree - and the offense is THERE - and it's young (for the most part ; Ben & Heath are vets). But the entire WR crew and Bell are all good for another 10yrs (barring injury). So that corner has definitely been turned.

It's just a matter of a couple pieces coming together in the defense. A good pass rusher and a great CB and the defense will be looking much better. This is with the assumption that Shazier will eventually play someday, and that Jones can learn to find the QB.

KemoTherapy
12-10-2014, 01:30 AM
His drafting has been hit or miss like many a Gm but I can't forgive him for ignoring the secondary for several years now. The writing has been on the wall for Ike and Troy for at least three years now and trying to get replacements in later rounds like Burnett, Hawthorne and Shaq Richardson is a sketchy bet at the best of times. To put it mildly he's overreached with his evaluation of Mike Mitchell, who looks terrible. Maybe Lake is a lousy d-back coach?.

Vincent
12-10-2014, 01:53 AM
His drafting has been hit or miss like many a Gm but I can't forgive him for ignoring the secondary for several years now. The writing has been on the wall for Ike and Troy for at least three years now and trying to get replacements in later rounds like Burnett, Hawthorne and Shaq Richardson is a sketchy bet at the best of times. To put it mildly he's overreached with his evaluation of Mike Mitchell, who looks terrible. Maybe Lake is a lousy d-back coach?.

I don't think they've "ignored" the secondary for the past several years. Keenan Lewis decided he wanted to play for NO. They invested in Cortez Allen and that seemed like a good decision at the time. If Cortez Allen had panned out as so many people thought he would then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Also, the pool of available draft picks of the past couple years hasn't exactly been very conducive towards improving the Steelers' CB situation. Every time they've gotten to their pick it was really too late for the very top CB's of the draft. You gotta go with what is available, so they looked at other positions. They needed somebody to take over for an aging Larry Foote. I don't think we're gonna be saying Shazier was a bad 1st round pick 5yrs from now. And look what they've managed to get in the later rounds in the past couple years - Bell, Wheaton, Bryant ; and 4yrs ago they snagged Antonio Brown in the 6th round ! I'd say they've done pretty well.

And besides, the real emergency for the previous couple years was all about the OL. Ben was getting beaten up more than any QB and that needed to be priority #1. They did that, and the line has come together.

I think they've done pretty well with the draft. Sure, they've had some busts, Ziggy Hood being the worst of all. But all of their picks have been praised by the critics when they got them. The reason I say that is because you can't predict all busts. You just gotta make intelligent picks and hope for the best. Just about every one of their picks seemed intelligent at the time they were made.

soulkitchen
12-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Understood mcfly. Just remember who was involved in getting us out of the same situation in early 2000's. We had the same issues with contracts extended on players that were aging and not producing (i.e. Gildon). Now we got through that transition rather quickly. I believe we are seeing the same thing happen here, and the good news is I believe we are on the tail end.

One key individual to remember is Omar Khan. He was key back then and will be through the current process. One thing about Omar, if you have a million dollars and Omar has a million dollars, Omar has more. That's how good that guy is with contracts and the cap.