PDA

View Full Version : Ben - Fractured wrist? Still expects to play

ChucktownSteeler
12-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Not good news.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2287915-injury-update-ben-roethlisberger-has-fractured-wrist-will-play-in-week-14

coldrolled
12-03-2014, 02:19 PM
We lost to Vick, Hoyer, McCown Gradkowski should have finished and won the saints game and replaced ben in the Jets game. Ben was not winning those games. You need to hit the receivers to win games. 3rd downs are a must Ben missed horribly.

Speeed
12-03-2014, 02:23 PM
If so, sit him. Tomlin needs to be a coach and make the decision for Ben if he is injured.

LatrobePA
12-03-2014, 02:35 PM
We lost to Vick, Hoyer, McCown Gradkowski should have finished and won the saints game and replaced ben in the Jets game. Ben was not winning those games. You need to hit the receivers to win games. 3rd downs are a must Ben missed horribly.

I was screaming for Bruce Sunday! The guys were wide open!

Steeltrap
12-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Ben is denying this report. But for argument sake, let's say his wrist was broken; Would he tell us now?

ChucktownSteeler
12-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Well he didn't practice today. I think there is some truth to the fracture. The problem and pain will come on the "follow-through" of the pass. hence there will be a lot of high passes or ben will miss high. You know Lewis will have the safety play center-field next Sunday.

It's time for "The Bruce".

Steeltrap
12-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Slowly,..ever so slowly..this season is looking like it's over. And like their talking in New Orleans about Brees, maybe it's time we make drafting a future QB our priority too. A lot....a lot of decisions to be made.

coldrolled
12-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Well he didn't practice today. I think there is some truth to the fracture. The problem and pain will come on the "follow-through" of the pass. hence there will be a lot of high passes or ben will miss high..

High passes are not related to his broken hand. he has been throwing garbage since the 0-4 start last year.

Trade to Pitt West for three draft picks. Lets move forward. A new youth movement all around.

LatrobePA
12-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Ben's brain is fractured!

Nolrog
12-04-2014, 02:44 PM
And like their talking in New Orleans about Brees, maybe it's time we make drafting a future QB our priority too. A lot....a lot of decisions to be made.

Drafting a QB at this point, IMO, is not a smart move. We should be looking to get the best possible players around Ben so we can make another run at a SB. Once he's done (or about done) then we can look for another franchise QB.

ChucktownSteeler
12-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I don't think we will be drafting a QB anytime soon. We still have Ben for 2 more years minimum and there are too many other glaring needs.

Speeed
12-04-2014, 08:22 PM
For everyone wanting to ditch Ben - his passer rating is currently at #6, and top 5 in other stats. OMG - imagine if he were actually performing up to expectations? He would be off the charts! But alas, we have to settle for a mere #6 with tons of yards, touchdowns, and etc. Embarrassing....

Rocky#20
12-04-2014, 09:18 PM
For everyone wanting to ditch Ben - his passer rating is currently at #6, and top 5 in other stats. OMG - imagine if he were actually performing up to expectations? He would be off the charts! But alas, we have to settle for a mere #6 with tons of yards, touchdowns, and etc. Embarrassing....
I posted on another thread that Ben is on pace to throw for over 5,000 yards and throw for 37 TD's. I started watching the Steelers in the late 1950's and have suffered through watching a lot of bad QB's like Kent Nix, Dick Shiner, Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone. Without Ben we win 3 or 4 games a year.

Speeed
12-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Exactly. All players, even franchise QB's, have bad games, and even stretches. The problem with this team is if Ben is actually struggling, more often than not nobody else on the team steps up to make key plays. The Steelers defense is pathetic. Ben threw for 6 touchdowns against the Colts and it was almost not enough. There is not a QB in the league that struggles against this D. I have always said the Ravens are one of the best "teams" in the league. Flacco often struggles, but so many times somebody on that team steps up and makes a play; a punt return, a forced fumble, or a sack putting a team out of FG range. They win as a team. I envy them in that regard. Imagine any other QB behind this line, that is scary. It takes a special kind of QB to weather this, and lucky for the Steelers they have Ben R., who is human, and makes mistakes, but guess what, he is one of the best in the league.

I posted on another thread that Ben is on pace to throw for over 5,000 yards and throw for 37 TD's. I started watching the Steelers in the late 1950's and have suffered through watching a lot of bad QB's like Kent Nix, Dick Shiner, Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone. Without Ben we win 3 or 4 games a year.

KevinE
12-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Imagine what Brady, manning, brees would do with these weapons. Problem is Ben has little football IQ

SuperSteelers
12-04-2014, 10:52 PM
No way should Ben be traded. I still remember the 80s and 90s when this team had no QB to take them to the promise land.

86WARD
12-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Slowly,..ever so slowly..this season is looking like it's over. And like their talking in New Orleans about Brees, maybe it's time we make drafting a future QB our priority too. A lot....a lot of decisions to be made.

Slowly? Season was over months ago...lol. They won't ever win anything with this coaching staff and front office.