PDA

View Full Version : This team needs some attitude!

KevinE
11-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Steelers have no nasty!

Mitchell tries but he's close to flags!

Bring Ray Rice in!!!

coldrolled
11-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Ben is the problem again.

Steeltrap
11-30-2014, 11:26 PM
What does Ben have to do with the Defense getting ran on...AGAIN!??

The problem is this God awful secondary, coupled with no pass rush and not being able to stop the run.

Yes Ben threw two bad picks but they put up enough points to win. This is the same defense that couldn't stop Mike Glennon of the Bucs. :rolleyes:

The defense is the problem. And it's not getting any better.

KevinE
11-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Again, this team needs some nasty! They have all taken on Tomlins attitude! Calm, quiet!

Tomlin is in over his head and it shows week in and week out!

igor0190
11-30-2014, 11:50 PM
6 points in the first half is a **** poor performance by the offence and you put the defence behind the 8-ball...

Garbage time points aren't going to win games. The offense is just as much a problem as the defence, in fact b/c they have more vets, I blame them more.

KevinE
12-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Keep in mind the saints D sucks. So that makes the 6 points in the first half even more offensive!

igor0190
12-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Keep in mind the saints D sucks. So that makes the 6 points in the first half even more offensive!

Damn rights it does.
Anything 4th and 5 or less in field go range I would be going for it. What good is 3 points when you need 30+ to win now in the NFL.

Blitzburghpete
12-01-2014, 05:38 AM
could be worse... we could be raider supporters.... 52 - 0 ... ouch...

coldrolled
12-01-2014, 07:44 AM
What does Ben have to do with the Defense getting ran on...AGAIN!??

The problem is this God awful secondary, coupled with no pass rush and not being able to stop the run.

Yes Ben threw two bad picks but they put up enough points to win. This is the same defense that couldn't stop Mike Glennon of the Bucs. :rolleyes:

The defense is the problem. And it's not getting any better.

Ben threw balls high the whole first half, could have had 5 picks. plus some other garbage throws.

if Ben makes the first downs. Brees is watching the game along with our defense. this game should have been 24-7 halftime for the steelers.

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 09:54 AM
could be worse... we could be raider supporters.... 52 - 0 ... ouch...

Raiders would beat the steelers!!

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Ben threw balls high the whole first half, could have had 5 picks. plus some other garbage throws.

if Ben makes the first downs. Brees is watching the game along with our defense. this game should have been 24-7 halftime for the steelers.

Ben will look good in red! Is it preparation? Everyone wants to blame his wide outs, let's stop and point to the real problem. Ben had nothing for one of the worst D's in the league!!

coldrolled
12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Ben will look good in red! Is it preparation? Everyone wants to blame his wide outs, let's stop and point to the real problem. Ben had nothing for one of the worst D's in the league!!

Arians will give us how many picks for Ben?

coldrolled
12-01-2014, 10:05 AM
It is just karma with Arians that all his QB's get hurt... Or is it Arians?

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Arians will give us how many picks for Ben?

All!! Plus Palmer! lol

TarlsQtr
12-01-2014, 11:28 AM
So Chuck,

You have banned a poster with over 19000 posts and have not broken any rules (not to mention, K was probably the most valuable poster here), so I might as well give you a reason to ban me.

Your "I just want us to all get along" and "I don't dislike anyone" lines are bullshit, plain and simple. Once you were able to grab the reins of power from the website owners, you showed what a dipshit you are. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

You are a fraud.

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 11:31 AM
NPB is a Steelers beat writer with ton of great inside info he was also banned.

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 11:58 AM

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 11:59 AM
NPB is a Steelers beat writer

yeah...right.

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 12:34 PM
yeah...right.

Ok.....

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Raiders would beat the steelers!!

Yep..Raiders would beat us going away.

muncher
12-01-2014, 01:08 PM
NPB is a Steelers beat writer with ton of great inside info he was also banned.

but broke plenty of rules.......

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 01:11 PM

haven't we all?

Rocky#20
Ben is the problem again.

Yeah,Ben has had a terrible season. 3,705 yards, 66.7 completion pct., 26 TD's to 8 picks, and a QB rating of 101.7. Why is this bum starting over Landry Jones?

TarlsQtr

What rules did K Train break?

Rollers
12-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Why is K train gone?

TarlsQtr
12-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Why is K train gone?

Chuck took control of the website and permanently banned K Train.

muncher
12-01-2014, 03:21 PM
haven't we all?

sure, but some get enforced while other get a pass if you have the same opinions as the mods

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 03:28 PM
sure, but some get enforced while other get a pass if you have the same opinions as the mods

You nailed it... We have lost a great batch of people out there over the years!

TarlsQtr
12-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Bingo.

Well, one of Chuck's explanations for banning Neil earlier was that he chased away so many posters.

Now, a bunch are leaving here and have taken up residence on another forum.

Chuck can have his Kingdom of people blowing him while chanting "Tomlin sucks" passes as adequate analysis.

Rollers
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Bingo.

Well, one of Chuck's explanations for banning Neil earlier was that he chased away so many posters.

Now, a bunch are leaving here and have taken up residence on another forum.

Chuck can have his Kingdom of people blowing him while chanting "Tomlin sucks" passes as adequate analysis.

And who belongs to that kingdom? I'm betting you don't have a clue. Most of us here don't bow to anyone. I came here because it was more active than McMillan and Wife had been, not because chuck brought me here. Yet here we are. In some ways you're just as bad assuming you know some of us when you don't. You just denigrated those that are here now by lumping them in with some kind of chuck group. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's a freaking fan message board. So where are you guys going? I'm done here because I don't like the vibe anymore. So i'm out. I'm probably just going to forget fan boards because they all end up like this What's the point? I liked K train, Neil. I still think you guys wanted to be right no matter what. But intolerance for other views is a hallmark of sites like this So this board will go down the tubes as all others do, Maybe I'll look for a huge board with tons of contirbutors, Seems like the only way these stay afloat for very long

LatrobePA
12-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I bow to my wife so she'll "bow" to me!

Steel Trap86
12-01-2014, 03:59 PM
they still put up 32 points, that should be enough to beat any team if you have a defense. there's no pass rush, maybe 1 sack a game and a **** poor secondary, and this isn't something that just started happening this has been going on for 4 years!! changes need to be made in the off-season thats for sure. especially if they miss the post-season again.

TarlsQtr
12-01-2014, 04:02 PM
And who belongs to that kingdom? I'm betting you don't have a clue. Most of us here don't bow to anyone. I came here because it was more active than McMillan and Wife had been, not because chuck brought me here.

Then talk to Chuck. He is the one who said he "brought" you here.

As far as the rest, I never said you specifically did. Not sure why you took offense.

However, your "most of us here don't" comment is demonstrably wrong. Insults from those who Chuck agrees with get thrown around like confetti and nothing happens. I have said it before and will say it again, I do not care. I am a big boy and anonymous insults roll right down my shoulders. But there is a huge double-standard when those who disagree with Chuck get banned for insults (NPB) or no rules infraction at all (K Train). Because of the de facto membership rule that you must agree with him to be here, there is a bow to him whether you know (or want) it or not.

I welcome my imminent ban.

Rollers
12-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Well I don't think you're being completely intellectually honest. I don't give a rat's a$$ who claims to have "brought" me here. I've been aware of this site for a long time. So i'm out of here as well. Again you had lumped me in with all the "pee wee" posters you said he was bringing here. I never saw myself as agreeing with any one person overly much. I have my own ideas and to be honest ktrain, NPB and you helped me modify some of those. I thought that that was the point of being here. I get ticked at people and usually am forced to make an apology. I dont always discuss the Steelers from a cold analytical view point. Sometimes it's just emotion. Well we"ll see what happens

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Rollers, stick around. It's good having you here.

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Keisel is done for the year too. It gets worse and worse for the defense.

Vincent
12-01-2014, 05:31 PM
they still put up 32 points, that should be enough to beat any team if you have a defense. there's no pass rush, maybe 1 sack a game and a **** poor secondary, and this isn't something that just started happening this has been going on for 4 years!!

yep. Everybody is going off on how bad the secondary is (and it is) but the even worse problem is the pass rush ! Any NFL QB will do serious damage if he's given enough time, and every single QB this team faces gets to camp out in the pocket whenever he needs to.

The secondary sucks no doubt, but I guarantee they'll start looking a hell of a lot better if the opposing QB's actually get some pressure put on them.

They had a decent pass rush in two games : Indy and the second Baltimore game. That's it.

Vincent
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Keisel is done for the year too. It gets worse and worse for the defense.

Is this confirmed ?

Rollers
12-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Rollers, stick around. It's good having you here.

I would but there is some truth to the part about agreeing here. I used to hold some views that I no longer hold because of the input of the guys leaving. I think they were right about a lot of things. Not all of them. My main gripe was the way they disagreed sometimes to me seemed beyond arrogant. And the constant worrying at a point trying to make you agree was kind of tired. But they were right in large measure about the coaching. Tomlin isn't as dumb as some think he is and any coach that has a ring and a winning record is not to be dismissed lightly. The team that won the superbowl was HIS team. It was HIS scheme and game day decisions that made that team what it was. I do not think Tomlin is a great coach and I think his run will get old for ownership sooner than later. But look at the teams that change coaches all the time. IS that what we want? Hell no. So I'm going to give him a couple years. I think the board will be poorer for the loss of the guys that left. I'll decide what I'm going to do later.

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Is this confirmed ?

Yes..he's been put on IR

Steeltrap
12-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I My main gripe was the way they disagreed sometimes to me seemed beyond arrogant. And the constant worrying at a point trying to make you agree was kind of tired.

And that's what everybody didn't like. And that's why they got banned. And the mods who backed them up got wacked too.

KevinE
12-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Have fun out here with the same 3 people!!

Steeltrap
12-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Naww....

They'll be more people. No worries. But if you leave, I wish you the best.

LevonKirkland99
12-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Banned?

SuperSteelers
12-03-2014, 12:32 AM
A lot of articles that I have come across this week are basically saying that unless the Steelers' offense can score 50 points a game from here on out, another 8-8 finish seems much more likely than a return to the postseason for the first time since 2011.

ChucktownSteeler
12-03-2014, 07:31 AM
A lot of articles that I have come across this week are basically saying that unless the Steelers' offense can score 50 points a game from here on out, another 8-8 finish seems much more likely than a return to the postseason for the first time since 2011.

What was the article?

SuperSteelers
12-03-2014, 07:25 PM
What was the article?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24860286/coach-killers-week-13-steelers-are-angling-for-another-8-8-finish

ChucktownSteeler
12-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks!

KevinE
12-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Impossible, Ben needs to be better but I have lost faith in him!!

SuperSteelers
12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Impossible, Ben needs to be better but I have lost faith in him!!

I felt 50 points is a little exaggerated but I don't think the author is too far off in his thinking.

KevinE
12-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I felt 50 points is a little exaggerated but I don't think the author is too far off in his thinking.

And you're prob right. Defense feeds off positive plays from the offense. I believe in this!! Ben missing wide open targets will have a negative effect on the whole team!

Steeltrap
12-04-2014, 11:11 PM
And you're prob right. Defense feeds off positive plays from the offense. I believe in this!! Ben missing wide open targets will have a negative effect on the whole team!

This is true. When the offense is doing their thing, the defensive players get amped up.

LevonKirkland99
12-05-2014, 05:23 PM
This team needs 'everything'.... Its a transition time though, so don' t expect much this year.

ChucktownSteeler
12-05-2014, 05:26 PM
This team needs 'everything'.... Its a transition time though, so don' t expect much this year.

I think they need some more talent, no doubt, but I also think we are set a some key positions as well.