PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice Tuitt when given playing time, pushes the pocket?

steelchamp204
10-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Rewatched the game 2 times already and Tuitt sure does stick out when he is in the game. He has his ups and downs but it seems he has more positive plays. On passing plays he seemed to push his guy backward and atleast seems to collapse the pocket and he seems more disciplined in the run stopping department.

Hats off to Tuitt/Shazier/McCullers and Bryant.

Still have high hope for Dri Archer, to soon to label him anything yet. I still think Haley needs to make some adjustments when he is in the game.

K Train
10-28-2014, 12:31 PM
He should play on all passing downs

LatrobePA
10-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Rewatched the game 2 times already and Tuitt sure does stick out when he is in the game. He has his ups and downs but it seems he has more positive plays. On passing plays he seemed to push his guy backward and atleast seems to collapse the pocket and he seems more disciplined in the run stopping department.

Hats off to Tuitt/Shazier/McCullers and Bryant.

Still have high hope for Dri Archer, to soon to label him anything yet. I still think Haley needs to make some adjustments when he is in the game.

With the play of Bell I'm not sure Haley will be in too much of a rush to get Dri touches.

coldrolled
10-28-2014, 01:01 PM
With the play of Bell I'm not sure Haley will be in too much of a rush to get Dri touches.

Does Tavon Austin play much yet? he is about the same if not smaller type player.. i think a first rounder?

K Train
10-28-2014, 01:03 PM
tavon austin sucks

steelchamp204
10-28-2014, 01:11 PM

No one is saying he should take away touches from Bell. I am just saying when we all see Archer coming on the field, it tips the hand to the defense as it seems 90% of the time it is a play for archer. Im just saying give him about 5 snaps a game and throw it to him about 2 times, screen/slant or something other than a run. I am just using him as a 5th WR type until he develops his body more and puts on about 10 more lbs.

I look at Archer is a type of player who when is fully developed will only see about 10 snaps a game. Maybe like a Mewelde Moore type back. But we should all remember, he is still just a rookie who we knew would have to make a big adjustment to this league.

coldrolled
10-28-2014, 01:20 PM
tavon austin sucks

Didnt you want to draft him?? or was that someone else?

coldrolled
10-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Oh wait... he went for even more than a normal pick...

The St. Louis Rams got help for quarterback Sam Bradford, trading up eight spots with Buffalo and taking West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin with the eighth overall selection in the NFL draft Thursday night.

We will keep Archer for now.

K Train
10-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Didnt you want to draft him?? or was that someone else?

Absolutely not...he was the opposite of what we needed to look for in a first round WR. I wanted Patterson or Hunter

coldrolled
10-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Absolutely not...he was the opposite of what we needed to look for in a first round WR. I wanted Patterson or Hunter

I think i was calling for Eifert? lol

JensK
10-28-2014, 10:33 PM
I thought he was a bit slow off the snap a few too many times, but thats to be expected from a rookie with limited playtime. He does engage pretty well though.