PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams

WindyCityShaker
10-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Thoughts?

coldrolled
10-27-2014, 12:31 PM
he is into this 3 years and is a whopping 24 years old... the new ol coach and his maturation may still work itself out.

TarlsQtr
10-27-2014, 12:43 PM
The Munchak fairy dust has worked these last two weeks.

I don't think I heard his name at all yesterday. For an O lineman, that is a good thing.

LatrobePA
10-27-2014, 12:48 PM
I've always been an Adams fan. I hope he sticks around and continues to grow into a starting role.

ChucktownSteeler
10-27-2014, 12:56 PM
I like the potential.

steelchamp204
10-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Seems more balanced when he has to shift his hips the other direction. Seems Munchak is making him work his balance and it is paying off. Usually he is off balance most of the time, he was a few times yesterday, but you can definatley see improvements.

Blitzburghpete
10-27-2014, 04:38 PM
The Munchak fairy dust has worked these last two weeks.

I don't think I heard his name at all yesterday. For an O lineman, that is a good thing.

This... ^^^^

I too have liked what i've seen of him over the last 2 weeks, but 2 weeks over 2 .5 years isn't enough to make me a beliver just yet.

I AM thinking though, maybe RT or even Guard at a push is his best position. LT just... NO.

Big T
10-27-2014, 04:58 PM
This... ^^^^

I too have liked what i've seen of him over the last 2 weeks, but 2 weeks over 2 .5 years isn't enough to make me a beliver just yet.

I AM thinking though, maybe RT or even Guard at a push is his best position. LT just... NO.

He hasn't had 2.5 years of bad play. He was solid his rookie year at RT (damn near great in the run game). He was terrible last year and during preseason. But he's looked solid the last 2 games. It's progress.

Rocky#20
10-27-2014, 05:01 PM
When Gilbert comes back I would consider keeping Adams in there as long as he keeps playing at a high level. Gilbert was being manhandled until his injury.

Big T
10-27-2014, 05:08 PM
When Gilbert comes back I would consider keeping Adams in there as long as he keeps playing at a high level. Gilbert was being manhandled until his injury.

That's not even remotely true. He got manhandled weeks 1 and 2. Since then he's been borderline "great".

PFF had him ranked as the 2nd ranked RT in the league coming into this week. Again, PFF isn't the end-all-be-all, but Gilbert has been very good this year.

K Train
10-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Beachum is the weakest link on the line....best scenerio would be adams turning into a legot RT and gilbert being able to play the left

K Train
10-27-2014, 06:53 PM
I told you guys munchak had fairy dust

Big T
10-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Beachum is the weakest link on the line....best scenerio would be adams turning into a legot RT and gilbert being able to play the left

I don't know what you're watching lol. Beachum isn't Joe Thomas but he's been damn solid for us.

K Train
10-27-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't know what you're watching lol. Beachum isn't Joe Thomas but he's been damn solid for us.

Hes been ok, sometimes.

Not sure how you could argue hes not the weakest link on a line that no longer had cody wallace dominating that title.

Big T
10-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Not sure how you could argue hes not the weakest link on a line that no longer had cody wallace dominating that title.

I mean, sure... He's the "weakest link" since everyone else is playing "great" football and he's just playing "good" football lol. I don't see the line having a weak link. If this line had 2013 Mike Adams as it's left tackle id feel more comfortable using "weak link"...

I guess we're arguing semantics lol

JackLambert
10-27-2014, 08:00 PM
The OL has been good to very good with plenty of reasons to be happy. Now, about those corners...

Big T
10-27-2014, 08:01 PM
The OL has been good to very good with plenty of reasons to be happy. Now, about those corners...

Really it only seems to be one that's a major liability...

ChucktownSteeler
10-27-2014, 09:15 PM

That I can agree with.

TarlsQtr
10-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Really it only seems to be one that's a major liability...

It may have seemed like it but he did not give up all of Luck's 400+ yards. ;-)

Big T
10-27-2014, 09:44 PM
It may have seemed like it but he did not give up all of Luck's 400+ yards. ;-)

Lol come on now. The rest of the group did fine. Gay especially. And the corners certainly didn't give up all of Luck's 400+ yards. See Dwayne Allen's TD, Moncrief's long 3rd down catch and run for 50+, TY Hilton's long play to put Indy in FG range right before the half. All LBs (Timmons specifically. There was a miscommunication on the Moncrief play and I'm pretty sure they were in a deep zone on the Hilton play)...

Regardless. There was one terrible CB out there for the Steelers last night, and his name wasn't Gay, McCain, or Blake...

TarlsQtr
10-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Lol come on now. The rest of the group did fine. Gay especially. And the corners certainly didn't give up all of Luck's 400+ yards. See Dwayne Allen's TD, Moncrief's long 3rd down catch and run for 50+, TY Hilton's long play to put Indy in FG range right before the half. All LBs (Timmons specifically. There was a miscommunication on the Moncrief play and I'm pretty sure they were in a deep zone on the Hilton play)...

Regardless. There was one terrible CB out there for the Steelers last night, and his name wasn't Gay, McCain, or Blake...

I don't disagree with that. However, this is not a strong group with or without Cortez.

Big T
10-27-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't disagree with that. However, this is not a strong group with or without Cortez.

Strong? Absolutely not. Capable? I believe so. We don't know what Blake is, but Gay has been very good and McCain has been solid. Hopefully Ike comes back sooner than later and I think we'll be in decent shape in time for a playoff push with Ike and Gay outside, and McCain in Nickel. Cortez needs some time on the pine, but I believe he'll be fine.

FlatsSteeler
10-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Defensive Back.......Hardest position in the New NFL to play.......

KevinE
10-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Defensive Back.......Hardest position in the New NFL to play.......

So true. The manning league is rough!!

TarlsQtr
10-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Strong? Absolutely not. Capable? I believe so. We don't know what Blake is, but Gay has been very good and McCain has been solid. Hopefully Ike comes back sooner than later and I think we'll be in decent shape in time for a playoff push with Ike and Gay outside, and McCain in Nickel. Cortez needs some time on the pine, but I believe he'll be fine.

Speaking of Ike, is he anywhere near coming back?

Big T
10-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Speaking of Ike, is he anywhere near coming back?

He's been practicing on a limited bases the last two weeks. Which is a good sign, but he's still not cleared for contact. They said there's no timetable.

JackLambert
10-28-2014, 08:55 AM
He's been practicing on a limited bases the last two weeks. Which is a good sign, but he's still not cleared for contact. They said there's no timetable.

Still has that big arm brace on. They should just let him play with that. It's not like it will affect his catching ability. :)

Big T
10-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Still has that big arm brace on. They should just let him play with that. It's not like it will affect his catching ability. :)

If anything it would help lol

LevonKirkland99
10-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Sorry I posted on the wrong thread...ignore.