PDA

View Full Version : Browns lose to jags

Clevelandsux
10-19-2014, 08:16 PM
I say karma is a bitch! After having to listen to crap all week from browns fans. They won their super bowl last week. Just like the movie, any given Sunday.

teeceemadison
10-19-2014, 08:37 PM
that really embarrased me to see how the jax jags handled with ease the browns offense while we looked like we were a jv team against the browns, on both sides of the ball....

TarlsQtr
10-19-2014, 08:42 PM
that really embarrased me to see how the jax jags handled with ease the browns offense while we looked like we were a jv team against the browns, on both sides of the ball....

But using that logic then you have to consider that we beat the Jags.

Rollers
10-19-2014, 08:42 PM

Here are the excuses.
1. The Jags were at home
2. The Browns were coming off an emotional win
3. The Steelers always play down to the competition

The biggest myth was the Browns were a lot better team than they were showing. <shrug> Not really I guess. But them losing doesn't make me feel any better.

Clevelandsux
10-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Like I said any given Sunday! I mean the rams beat the Seahawks today.

Clevelandsux
10-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Here are the excuses.
1. The Jags were at home

The biggest myth was the Browns were a lot better team than they were showing. <shrug> Not really I guess. But them losing doesn't make me feel any better.
It does me. I hate their friggin fans. They acted like they won the super bowl last week. You come live here, then tell me you can't stand the browns.

Nolrog
10-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Seeing them lose to the Jags doesn't make me feel any better about how easily they beat us up.

Clevelandsux
10-19-2014, 09:30 PM
It was one game! We beat the jags. Yes we sucked in that game. But it was one game.

KevinE
10-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Jags, browns suck!! What's that say for us??

Speeed
10-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Play down to the competition? So cliche, and so far from reality. I would argue the Browns the first game, and the Jags a few weeks ago, played down to the competition. I am for the Steelers all the way, but they are not even close to being good with some luck on their side.

Here are the excuses.
1. The Jags were at home

SuperSteelers
10-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Jags, browns suck!! What's that say for us??

In my opinion, it doesn't say much because it is two games out of a long season. I would not be surprised one bit if the Steelers show up tomorrow night and eek out a tough win. In actuality if I was putting money on this game I would have to take the Steelers and lay the -3 point spread. After the way the team performed last week I'm fully expecting them to come out and play some inspired football to prove the nay sayers (defense is soft, Ben is to blame, offense is finesse) wrong in front of a nationally televised audience.

KevinE
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM
In my opinion, it doesn't say much because it is two games out of a long season. I would not be surprised one bit if the Steelers show up tomorrow night and eek out a tough win. In actuality if I was putting money on this game I would have to take the Steelers and lay the -3 point spread. After the way the team performed last week I'm fully expecting them to come out and play some inspired football to prove the nay sayers (defense is soft, Ben is to blame, offense is finesse) wrong in front of a nationally televised audience.

I used to think that then last year happened! This year is another up and down year feeling.

LevonKirkland99
10-19-2014, 10:15 PM
How does that make LeBeau and Tomlin feel...

SuperSteelers
10-19-2014, 10:22 PM
I used to think that then last year happened! This year is another up and down year feeling.

And that is why I take it one game at a time. I knew this team would have up and down games since they lost to Tebow. You could just tell after the game that the team was headed nowhere and needed to drop some dead weight and start over again. They still have some dead weight left on this team so as fans we need to be patient. The sooner the fans realize that the easier it will be to accept the ups and downs from week to week.

SuperSteelers
10-20-2014, 04:54 AM
Here are some stats I thought was interesting since I know a lot of folks on this forum likes to use them. I'm more of a "gut feeling" type of person, but anyhow without further ado:

-Steelers franchise is 24-5 all time on MNF, the best winning percentage in the league.
-Steelers are 7-0 on MNF at Heinz field.
-The last time the Steelers lost a home MNF game was when Chuck Knoll was the coach (1991). What is ironic about that loss was that it occurred the 7th week of the season and the Steelers were 3-3 before falling to the Giants 23-20. That season started exactly like this season with a W L W L W L and that team finished the season 7-9.
-The Texans have played four night games on the road against quarterbacks who have played in Super Bowls. They lost them all, by an average of 26 points.
-The last three times Pittsburgh, which was trounced 31-10 by Cleveland last week, lost a game by 20 or more points, they bounced back the very next week to win by at least 13 points and by an average of 18.3 points combined.

coldrolled
10-20-2014, 07:53 AM
This is Peyton's year. The league, rules and stars have aligned.

LatrobePA
10-20-2014, 09:46 AM
This is Peyton's year. The league, rules and stars have aligned.

I can see that.. it's gotta make Brett sick! he was throwing balls to people being held and smashed all the way down the field. Manning has his own NFL rules to ensure success!

Vincent
10-20-2014, 04:38 PM
It was one game! We beat the jags. Yes we sucked in that game. But it was one game.

They've been embarrassed three times, not once.

K Train
10-20-2014, 04:43 PM
I can see that.. it's gotta make Brett sick! he was throwing balls to people being held and smashed all the way down the field. Manning has his own NFL rules to ensure success!

He will still blow it

Clevelandsux
10-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Well I am a Ohio born Steeler fan. Wasn't my choice to live here. My parents migrated to Ohio because that's where the jobs were. In my house growing up we had one tv. When the steelers were on, the tv was my dads. So it's been imprinted in me from day one. Anytime the steelers struggle or lose, I have to hear it from 100 people. First thing in the morning, oh what happened! I don't think this years steelers team is very good. I hope they turn it around, but they've shown me little. So all these cocky browns fans talking **** because they beat us once in a jillion times, it gives me great pleasure to see them put back in their place losing to the winless jags. All I heard was " the tides are turning", or you're a steelers bandwagon fan, or that we live in the past. Misery loves company.browns fans talking like they won the super bowl last week were humbled very quickly.

I can't remember the last time the browns beat a good steelers team. A steelers team with 10 or more wins. I think you would have to go back to 1992, cowhers first season to when that happened.

Not saying I'm giving up on this season. But I'm honest. We don't look that good. But if we're gonna stink, I want Cleveland to also. If the steelers want to turn things around, they must start tonight. No more sleep walking through games.

SuperSteelers
10-20-2014, 06:32 PM
If the steelers want to turn things around, they must start tonight. No more sleep walking through games.

Here we go Steelers, here we go! I'm ready for some MNF!! Time to put the naysayers in their place even if it is for just one week.