PDA

View Full Version : Next Amercia's Game for steelers

kgreen
02-16-2007, 01:17 PM
The Amercia's Game countdown is still going on and the Steelers have 3 teams left here are the Dates (all start @ 8 PM E):

Friday, Feb. 23 -- 1979 Pittsburgh Steelers:bigthumb:
Friday, March 9 -- 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers:clap:
Monday, April 9 -- 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers:banana:
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Woohoo. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: Anyone with the digital cable package. These games are availabe for later viewing at anytime with on demand. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Hell yeah On Demand is perfect this. Thanks for the heads up Kgreen

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Alright. Give the 2005 team the respect they deserve. The Team That EARNED the Super Bowl.

kgreen
02-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Alright. Give the 2005 team the respect they deserve. The Team That EARNED the Super Bowl.

Absolutly. They out-played the Cryhawks after the first quarter. When I say "out-play", i don't mean yard (west coast offense is gay). I mean physically and mentally out-played them.

BBG7
02-17-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm sick of hearing crap about that game. The Steelers won and they earned the title WOLRD CHAMPS. The people that talk and try to taint our victory, are people that are jealous (and who wouldn't be????) 5xs SB Champs!!!

OneSteelSoldier
02-20-2007, 01:42 AM
I've loved this series so far. I plan on buying the entire series when it comes out.

kgreen
02-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I've loved this series so far. I plan on buying the entire series when it comes out.

Same here. Only 3 days until John Stallworth gets his due.........again. :banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
So many people overlook that 2005 team..but that was the most earned SB title anybody can imagine. Winning 4 straight just to get in, then being the 6th seed and taking it all the way on the road to the championship.

BBG7
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
So many people overlook that 2005 team..but that was the most earned SB title anybody can imagine. Winning 4 straight just to get in, then being the 6th seed and taking it all the way on the road to the championship.

I agree. They like to try and taint our victory, but the Steelers accomplished so much that they are unsucessful. The Steelers did something that no other team has been able to do and went on to convincingly win 3 playoff games on the road and then won the SB.

On another note: this series is a lot of fun watching. I think I will buy the series when it comes out on DVD also.

House of Steel
02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I really hope my wife and I's business soars to new height when It comes about. We are praying and hoping. If it does work out, we may even be able to afford the things we've always dream of owning. I would love to own all those DVDs of the Steelers. Money is tight here and some people were very gracious to send me copies of their movies to me in the mail as gifts, but they were all stolen by the movers that we hired. I am to this day still quite upset over it. I saved $65 to get the Steelers History DVD only to have that stolen. LambertLunatic sent me all the Super Bowls of the 70s on DVD and those were even stolen for some lame reason beyond me. All I have is memories and you guys telling the stories about the games. I just hope to own it all again soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I agree. They like to try and taint our victory, but the Steelers accomplished so much that they are unsucessful. The Steelers did something that no other team has been able to do and went on to convincingly win 3 playoff games on the road and then won the SB.

On another note: this series is a lot of fun watching. I think I will buy the series when it comes out on DVD also.

:plus1: I think it's a must have if you can get your hands on it. It's definately one of the best made sports films ever IMO.

steeltown_heroes
02-20-2007, 05:20 PM

:plus1: i always laugh because i know that we did something great that year if everyone has to come up with excuses to hate on us. Even when they forget the way we were almost cheated out of the colts game

BBG7
02-20-2007, 11:41 PM
:plus1: i always laugh because i know that we did something great that year if everyone has to come up with excuses to hate on us. Even when they forget the way we were almost cheated out of the colts game

Oh yes, they always seem to forget...they only remember what they want. Oh well, people can hate all they want....watching their jealousy is actually kind of funny!!!

SteelersWoman
02-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm sick of hearing crap about that game.

I'm with you BBG7!! I have very few things that tick me off like hearin how we didn't "earn" that.

Were there messed up calls? Of COURSE there were--there are in EVERY game, but the bad calls went BOTH ways, and the way the refs called it did not "give" us the win.

Makes me mad, sick, disgusted, etc. when people say such things. Besides, I've got the best barometer of fairness in the world livin right here--as I've said before--I am married to a Browns fan, and even he said we won it fair and square--and believe me, he'd have LOVED to be able to say otherwise!!

The people that talk and try to taint our victory, are people that are jealous...

You're right--they're jealous, and the rest are just uninformed. They were listenin to the "great John Madden" call that game, and tell me--who could the network have POSSIBLY gotten that would've been ANY more unfair in their comments toward us??

So people who weren't jealous, (and I doubt there were very many) were walkin around thinkin "Well John Madden felt that way, so it MUST be true"...true my butt :willybs:

BBG7
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
[COLOR=navy]Makes me mad, sick, disgusted, etc. when people say such things. Besides, I've got the best barometer of fairness in the world livin right here--as I've said before--I am married to a Browns fan, and even he said we won it fair and square--and believe me, he'd have LOVED to be able to say otherwise!!

You're right--they're jealous, and the rest are just uninformed. They were listenin to the "great John Madden" call that game, and tell me--who could the network have POSSIBLY gotten that would've been ANY more unfair in their comments toward us??

So people who weren't jealous, (and I doubt there were very many) were walkin around thinkin "Well John Madden felt that way, so it MUST be true"...true my butt :willybs:

I'm engaged to a Browns fan and he would have loved to be able to say the game was handed to us by the refs, but unfortunately for him....it wasn't, but he knows the game of football and the rules.

THis is true. People have been misinformed by both broadcasters and journalists that don't like the Steelers flat out. Take Skip Bayless for example...he hates us and anyone that has ever listened to him knows that...but he is one of the main people that the Seahawks are using to back their story. They hang on to every word these guys say...but it's like talking to a wall when you prove them wrong.

SteelersWoman
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Yep--have run into that wall myself a few times lol

BBG7
02-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Yep--have run into that wall myself a few times lol

Oh the poor guys in our life....lol :lol: